Brad Treliving is doing a great job.

chuckt

May 4, 2022
Binnington had a combined SV% of .939 in the six elimination though, so he was clutch when they needed him to be.

With the exception of Woll, our goaltending in elimination games has been sub .900 for the last decade by comparison.

Yes, Binnington was good in elimination games. He also bounced back hard when he put up a very poor game. Bishop still outplayed him in the Dallas series.

Sep 18, 2009
Binnington had a combined SV% of .939 in the six elimination though, so he was clutch when they needed him to be.

With the exception of Woll, our goaltending in elimination games has been sub .900 for the last decade by comparison.
Trelivng needs to change the core of this team to be doing a good job

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
I'm considering not renewing my sportsnet subscription. Tired of watching the same thing, or maybe I'll just pay to watch the 2nd half of the season and playoffs when there are stakes. I'm also tired of paying $200+hst for 50 leaf games. It's not a great deal. I'm aware of alternate services but I just don't like dealing with what comes with that

Reactions: Suntouchable13

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Even with winning those that would still be an overpay.

I think expecting a cup this season is a bit of a reach.

There are 32 teams, expecting a cup for anybody is a reach.

However if Woll stays healthy and is able to prove that the flashes he's shown are real, I think this team has the talent to do it.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I'm considering not renewing my sportsnet subscription. Tired of watching the same thing, or maybe I'll just pay to watch the 2nd half of the season and playoffs when there are stakes. I'm also tired of paying $200+hst for 50 leaf games. It's not a great deal. I'm aware of alternate services but I just don't like dealing with what comes with that

I feel the same as you, but if I cancel my subscription what am I gonna watch on winter nights? Lol. It's a tough choice.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Bitchy Mitchy has said he's staying.

See above Skippy.
Was he asked?

Getting back to the original post, if the GM believes moving one of the core is best for the team, should he try?
Would you try, if you were the GM and thought it was the best thing to do?

Last edited:
Reactions: rumman

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
If they sign Marner, Tavares, McCabe, and Knies before next summer then the cap increase is already spoken for (yet again). Nothing significant will chance so long as Matthews/Nylander/Marner are making 11-12m+.

He's UFA bound for sure.

Team isn't going to give him what he demands.
Lets hope so. The media will be screeching at a fever pitch in Dec/Jan to sign him (Nylander 2.0).

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Let’s hope so. The media will be screeching at a fever pitch in Dec/Jan to sign him (Nylander 2.0).
I doubt they will.

The media is set on “extend Marner based on this year’s playoff performance”.

Which seems silly. If he does well, that’s 1/9 in playoff success.

11% is a bad score IMO.

I like Marner but he can’t be resigned if you want change.

Reactions: rumman

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Was he asked?

Getting back to the original post, if the GM believes moving one of the core is best for the team, should he try?
Would you try, if you were the GM and thought it was the best thing to do?
I’d explore every avenue that could better the team, call me crazy but isn’t that’s what a GM’s job is……….

He's UFA bound for sure.

Team isn't going to give him what he demands.
One can wish, but I’m not convinced the idiots who run the team are bright enough to not resign him to another overpaid contract……..

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
I doubt they will.

The media is set on “extend Marner based on this year’s playoff performance”.

Which seems silly. If he does well, that’s 1/9 in playoff success.

11% is a bad score IMO.

I like Marner but he can’t be resigned if you want change.
Wait until hes top five in scoring in the first half of the season. They'll all be begging Tre to sign him to the 12-13m hes demanding.

"But you can't just let him walk out the door for nothing!"
"You cant just replace him through free agency!"

:laugh:

and those same media dbags will be trashing him in may because too many cap dollars are tied up in too few players. Rinse and repeat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad