Brad Treliving is doing a great job.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
What? He was the head coach for multiple years... what are you talking about?

He prepped his team one year it appeared.
He won a Cup, and won a round or two after and but he lost his #1 D man.

He’s not an upper echelon coach by any means but he he gets some stuff out of his players for a little while and no one should expect a miracle out this group.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Alot of our stars didnt come up big in the playoffs. It wasnt just Marner.

"when games get tough" is just another term that the rules change to benefit the goons.

They are tougher because defenceman especally bigger and slower ones in the playoffs are allowed to step up and interfere to slow down the opposing player with skill. Crosschecks are also let go as refs turn a blind eye to that. Dont even mention the skimmishes in front of the net during the playoffs. But the Don Cherry fans love that kind of hockey or goonery.

Just make the rules all the same all year long. No other sport does this. Its not like players got bigger balls in the playoffs , its because they know they can get away with more in the playoffs because the rules change. The grind of playoff hockey is hard as you play alot of games in a short period of time I will agree to that.
The defence the face may be bigger and stronger but most are not slower than the Leafs’ forwards.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
He won a Cup, and won a round or two after and but he lost his #1 D man.

He’s not an upper echelon coach by any means but he he gets some stuff out of his players for a little while and no one should expect a miracle out this group.

He won a cup with a team that everyone seems to think is better than our current team.

He won a round after, nothing more.

The majority of his coaching career was bad by our board's standards, he has a single good year (was the best you can hope for).

His winning % is very similar to Keefe's (this includes the one outlier year).

I hope he can do something good, I really do, I just see that 7/8 years he coached, he had poor results, and I don't like the odds.

Change is fine, and it isn't like he is a bad coach, I just think the blind optimism is funny, this is the same team with someone who yells a little louder, maybe that is what does it.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
He won a cup with a team that everyone seems to think is better than our current team.

He won a round after, nothing more.

The majority of his coaching career was bad by our board's standards, he has a single good year (was the best you can hope for).

His winning % is very similar to Keefe's (this includes the one outlier year).

I hope he can do something good, I really do, I just see that 7/8 years he coached, he had poor results, and I don't like the odds.

Change is fine, and it isn't like he is a bad coach, I just think the blind optimism is funny, this is the same team with someone who yells a little louder, maybe that is what does it.
The Blues had a great team with size, skill, some speed, and leadership. His resume doesn’t suggest he can win big when he has a roster like the Leafs.

That doesn’t mean they can’t make the playoffs and win a round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad