Brad Treliving- 1st year complete.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rate the first season based on your expectations.

• Exceeded my Expectations

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • Met my Expectations

Votes: 114 61.0%
  • Failed to Meet my Expectations

Votes: 63 33.7%

• Total voters

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
So we went from
Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Gio - Liljegren
Sandin - Lyub

To

Rielly - Brodie
McCabe - Holl
Gio - Liljegren
Schenn - Gustafsson

To

Rielly - Brodie
McCabe - Klingberg
Benoit - Liljegren
Edmundson - Lyubushkin
Lagesson

To

Rielly - Tanev
McCabe - Liljegren
OEL - Benoit

How the f*** do we keep getting worse

The GM isn’t very good …and may be worse than the previous one.

Who knows…he will get a pass for a few more yrs because it’s all Dubas fault.

You have Lilly making 3 mil and we have a 4th line center taking up cap space that is a waste and Reaves for another two yrs yapping from the bench

In Tre we trust

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Makes no sense so it’s not the rules change but the intensity of the players?

It takes more effort to play under the playoff rules.

IMHO …the rule change lets those type of players to cross the line more.

Yes it does, which is why it's better.

No other sport does this

They do, but not as much.

Why not turn a blind eye on interference and crosschecks and punches after the whistle in the regular season. You know the season they get paid to work?

They can't do it for such long regular season.

Only sport that changes rules to hurt the stars.

Probably.

imagine the NBA letting less skilled players taking runs at their stars? Especially in playoffs.

Do you watch NBA playoffs?

It’s weird the excuse is …well it’s always been like that so it’s all good….

They've made the regular season worse to accommodate player health.

Other sports promote we just say ..:that’s just the way playoff hockey is

Other sports have worse playoffs than we do.

Then make the rules the same all year. Players can still dog it during the regular season or once a week they can lay the lumber just to keep their sticks ready for NHL playoffs :)

They can't play that many games under the good playoff rules.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
It takes more effort to play under the playoff rules.

Yes it does, which is why it's better.

They do, but not as much.

They can't do it for such long regular season.

Probably.

Do you watch NBA playoffs?

They've made the regular season worse to accommodate player health.

Other sports have worse playoffs than we do.

They can't play that many games under the good playoff rules.

Why can’t they play with the same rules? NHL worried about players safety but the playoffs it’s open season?

Name me another sport that changes rules in playoffs that hinder their stars?

So maybe that’s why the NHL doesn’t want to play on bigger ice?

olympic hockey is great to watch and they don’t change rules to hinder the stars because the big ice won’t let that happen.

No one is telling players to play like that during the regular season. It’s their choice …at least they know the rules will stay the same all year and playoffs

playoffs rule changes changes the whole dynamic of a he game compared to regular season and no other sport does this….not even close

Basketball …nope
Football ..nope
Soccer …nope
Baseball…nope

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Why can’t they play with the same rules? NHL worried about players safety but the playoffs it’s open season?

Name me another sport that changes rules in playoffs that hinder their stars?

So maybe that’s why the NHL doesn’t want to play on bigger ice?

olympic hockey is great to watch and they don’t change rules to hinder the stars because the big ice won’t let that happen.

No one is telling players to play like that during the regular season. It’s their choice …at least they know the rules will stay the same all year and playoffs

playoffs rule changes changes the whole dynamic of a he game compared to regular season and no other sport does this….not even close

Basketball …nope
Football ..nope
Soccer …nope
Baseball…nope
The stars pick it up and adapt better than non stars. Conner McDavid almost single handedly won a Cup this year.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Lily a bit of overpay, but ok.
Tanev a good signing (maybe too long, but good AAV).
Domi very good.
Not overpaying for Bert.

G - still iffy like last several years - have to wait and see.

D - probably better than in several years.

F - Domi and Bert moves both good, nothing else yet. He hasn't moved Marner or convinced JT to retire, but I don't think we really expected either of those to happen, at least not yet. At least he hasn't extended either.

Overall not great so far, but nothing to really complain about, and still lots of time.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I am changing my vote to F

Treliving is f***ing garbage. OEL+Tanev 8M AAV for this trash while continuing to hold on to Kampf+Jarnkrok(4.5M)

and Boston signs both Lindholm and Zadrorov

Treliving is Dubas on the other extreme. Both absolute TRASH

Biggest TRASH of em all is ShanaCON

Reactions: NMacrules

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
53% of th
So we went from
Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Gio - Liljegren
Sandin - Lyub

To

Rielly - Brodie
McCabe - Holl
Gio - Liljegren
Schenn - Gustafsson

To

Rielly - Brodie
McCabe - Klingberg
Benoit - Liljegren
Edmundson - Lyubushkin
Lagesson

To

Rielly - Tanev
McCabe - Liljegren
OEL - Benoit

How the f*** do we keep getting worse
53% of the cap is spent on four forwards.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Groundhog Day...But not in the way most are taking it.

Here's one thing we don't know: We don't know where there's been mutual interest.

I see bottom-line amounts being paid for contracts between $4.5M and $2.5M per, and waaaaaaaay too many of us losing our minds.

Here's one thing we know: Marner and Tavares come off the book in one season. That's $22M to spend. But because we know this, we are reminded that we are one season away from being able to furnish our club in a way we simply weren't able to this off-season.

Caveated of course by that one thing we don't know.

I bold the above because with what we don't know, we can't fault management for those who were or weren't signed on the premise that signing a free agent is based on our management's will alone. Leave out finances for a moment in the way that some of rearranged how we should have spent those dollars. We have no idea how many rejections Treliving and Co. just fielded.

With what we do know, we can assemble our newly signed players into the supporting roles they are with an eye towards the very real possibility, that we are poised to make one or two major signings the following year. Add in the development of a couple of players, and I don't feel pessimistic about this season...

Let's not lose sight of July 1st 2025. Until then...

Reactions: CincoHolio

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Feels like Jays’ off-season. When you go in to a season knowing you’re not going to win it can spiral out of control in a hurry. Add the Marner situation and it could be a disaster.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
Lily a bit of overpay, but ok.
Tanev a good signing (maybe too long, but good AAV).
Domi very good.
Not overpaying for Bert.

G - still iffy like last several years - have to wait and see.

D - probably better than in several years.

F - Domi and Bert moves both good, nothing else yet. He hasn't moved Marner or convinced JT to retire, but I don't think we really expected either of those to happen, at least not yet. At least he hasn't extended either.

Overall not great so far, but nothing to really complain about, and still lots of time.
The team is worse and now we have what left....like 700K in cap space? How are we going to replace Bert? Not much money left, need to trade out some players like Kamph, Jarnkrok, Robertson etc but will need to replace those chokers. And next year we lost JT and Marner for nothing. JT might re-sign for around 5 to 6 mil but we shall see. Such a huge part of my life wasted on this team.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They have 11 F, 8 D, 3 G and 7000 front office people

There has to be a few more moves just to ice a team. Looking at what they have available to move it may mean Benoit is the odd man and may be traded. Unless they go big and move one of Matthews, Marner or Nylander.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad