Confirmed with Link: Bowness Expected to Retire

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I think this is the best choice for him and his family. Great career and hopefully he goes out with the Adam's!

Agree.

Jennings, 4th OA, Jack Adams nominee -- pretty great notes to go out on.

Makes sense to take a step back now. The job's a grind, and he's earned it.

Can imagine him taking on a consultancy / advisory role that makes some use of his knowledge and insights whilst involving much lighter duties.

Thanks for all your investment in reshaping the club, sir, and all best.

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
I think Bowness is a very good coach. This team had no clue how to play defense and he got them to win the Jennings which I thought would be impossible. However, I also think it is the time for someone else to try to get them to the next level.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
What Rick Bowness was able to get this team to do in two seasons was frankly remarkable. If someone here had speculated the Jets 2023-24 results right when he was hired, and ran a poll against those possible future results, everyone would have said no way in hell he can get this group to achieve that and if he does it is the second coming. Well he did. Well done, Rick. Best of luck to you and your family.

Now, Chevy needs to do better than just run it back with Arniel.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
What Rick Bowness was able to get this team to do in two seasons was frankly remarkable. If someone here has speculated the Jets 2023-24 results right when he was hired, and ran a poll against those possible future results, everyone would have said no way in hell he can get this group to achieve that and if he does it is the second coming. Well he did. Well done, Rick. Best of luck to you and your family.

Now, Chevy needs to do better than just run it back with Arniel.
Who are legit coaching candidates other than Arniel?

Berube?
Pandolfo?
Gallant?

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad