Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
Skinner isn't winning a Cup. JMHO but I'd be willing to wager any amount on that prognatication.

Great win by EDM. G7 anything can happen. But I trust Skinner as much as Freddie A, Campbell and Samsonov.
I don’t really think any sane or sober oilers fan would try to tell you that Stuart Skinner is a cup calibre goalie.

Calder cup, yeah probably.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Game looked like it was gonna be like most game where Oilers can’t hold on to momentum after scoring and let game slip away. They didn’t know. If they adjusted then Van might be in trouble

Skinner wasn’t really tested but it’s still massive confidence booster for him which has looked shot since that game 1 meltdown.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Skinner isn't winning a Cup. JMHO but I'd be willing to wager any amount on that prognatication.

Great win by EDM. G7 anything can happen. But I trust Skinner as much as Freddie A, Campbell and Samsonov.
Who would bet on Kuemper though?

Reactions: Coffey

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006

Chris Osgood won a cup when he was letting in bad goals from center ice lol
It’s been proven you can win by masking your goalies faults by boosting up another ways to win. Not saying it’s a good way to win but it’s been proven a lot you don’t need an elite goaltender to win. Skinner just has to stop letting in bad goals and they have a chance.

Jason316

Oct 3, 2017
Santa Monica California

If Alexandar Georgiyevich Georgiev can win with Mackinnon Skinner can with McDavid and Draisatl

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
I feel like both teams have been very Jekyl and Hyde.

Hard to predict who is gonna show up for game 7

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Chris Osgood won a cup when he was letting in bad goals from center ice lol
It’s been proven you can win by masking your goalies faults by boosting up another ways to win. Not saying it’s a good way to win but it’s been proven a lot you don’t need an elite goaltender to win. Skinner just has to stop letting in bad goals and they have a chance.

I tend to agree since he won enough in the regular season, but the Wings were also a much better team relative to the league than the Oilers. LA and Van haven’t really tested Skinner enough. Will be interesting if the Oilers move on if Dallas actually sends decent rubber at him.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Game looked like it was gonna be like most game where Oilers can’t hold on to momentum after scoring and let game slip away. They didn’t know. If they adjusted then Van might be in trouble

Skinner wasn’t really tested but it’s still massive confidence booster for him which has looked shot since that game 1 meltdown.

Knob seemed to change up how the Oilers were forechecking in the second and they completely killed the Canucks breakouts. Will be interesting if we see further adjustments from Vancouver because this one wasn’t pretty

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
You had to edit / Colorado from your mindless posts?
?

I'm going to laugh if the winner just unexpectedly sweeps Dallas. Since all we've heard about from anyone since this series started was how much they were going to get destroyed.

Mostly tongue in cheek. I do think Dallas has looked better than both these teams but certainly not to the extent posters are claiming. It'll be a good battle either way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
that blocker save on (Hughes?) was unreal. if that was glove side it would have been highlight of the night. shame its not going to get the love it deserves

It looked like a nothing shot live but when they showed the replay from the other angle I was like damn, that was a nice one

Reactions: M2Beezy

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Was better. Since his eye injury Kuemper has looked mostly terrible and lost his starting job in Washington to journeyman Charlie Lindgren
Yeah poor Kuemper. He was awesome for the Avalanche as well but man, that type of injury just ruins careers. You know it absolutely sucks that Okposo had a similar injury and he's never been the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad