Confirmed with Link: Bowers for Kinkaid

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Such a shame for Bowers. Before he got injured, he looked absolutely beast mode in that game. I don't understand people's mindset that he "wouldn't have ever blossomed here", because I didn't think we got a solid sample size?

That said, I trust the org. 100% , and everything they do or try seems to workout.

I wonder if one of our goalies might be part of a larger trade down the line ?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Such a shame for Bowers. Before he got injured, he looked absolutely beast mode in that game. I don't understand people's mindset that he "wouldn't have ever blossomed here", because I didn't think we got a solid sample size?

That said, I trust the org. 100% , and everything they do or try seems to workout.

It was his NHL debut five years after he was drafted and he lasted about three shifts

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
So…his hips lie?
Shakira he ain’t.

1677367658924.gif

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Kinkaid just couldn’t gain a consistent spot with Providence after Bussi and Keyser showed promise when they got in there. Bussi absolutely ran away with the starting job. Keyser a good backup. They also acquired DiPietro from VAN in a separate deal so the B’s had depth in net.

He was alright in Providence from limited games I saw. Absolutely stellar in the one game he got in for Boston.

What’s the deal with Bowers?

Reactions: Pokecheque

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022

Injuries and consistency I’d imagine… kaut was bashed for his consistency.. well that’s how I see it. I’d imagine that kills a lot of careers

Most underrated song ever lol

• Haha
Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
The annual "we need a competent no. 3 goalie right now and we had no idea our current no. 3 wouldn't be able to handle the job" trade. Keith Kinkaid was a free agent, could have signed him over JoJo.
Ya exactly.

Bowers probably wanted out badly though. I think the Avs promised him a shot or let him go. We couldn't give him any NHL minutes so we just went and got whatever we can get. It's one of those, lose out on a potential asset but don't look like an a-hole kind of situations.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If this is another hip issue with Frank then no he cant be trusted.
At some point you just have to admit that goalies get injured. They’ve brought in all kinds of netminders (including Bibeau, remember him?) and they all get hurt at some point. It’s not just an Avs thing, it’s a goalie thing. The Avs made the right move getting a decent #3 behind Frankie, we all just gotta hope he will be ready for the postseason.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

The minute Bowers could not produce at center (but he could at wing) the Avs really seemed to sour on him. He would’ve been in the NHL a loooooooong time ago had he been able to stick at center, he was set to be their 3C the moment he arrived.

I don’t know why the hell they held onto him so long, especially after he and his family made it clear they weren’t happy, but Sakic has made it clear they trade a player when they’re damn good and ready, doesn’t matter if or when or how many times a player submits a request.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
At some point you just have to admit that goalies get injured. They’ve brought in all kinds of netminders (including Bibeau, remember him?) and they all get hurt at some point. It’s not just an Avs thing, it’s a goalie thing. The Avs made the right move getting a decent #3 behind Frankie, we all just gotta hope he will be ready for the postseason.
On the other hand, I don't think the Avs should downplay Francouz' inhability to stay healthy.

Team had 3 B2B in a row and the backup mysteriously got injured for weeks at the absolute worst possible time in the schedule.

Playing Georgiev in both games twice turned out great but that was playing with fire, especially with Georgiev having no prior experience of heavy workload in the NHL.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
On the other hand, I don't think the Avs should downplay Francouz' inhability to stay healthy.

Team had 3 B2B in a row and the backup mysteriously got injured for weeks at the absolute worst possible time in the schedule.

Playing Georgiev in both games twice turned out great but that was playing with fire, especially with Georgiev having no prior experience of heavy workload in the NHL.
To be fair, I don’t think they are. They signed him to a reasonable deal, the season after this and that’s it (and I’m willing to be he doesn’t finish the deal out in COL, just a hunch).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad