Value of: Bowen Byram

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
If its a bridge, it'll be around where Noah Dobson's contract. I would rather just sign him up for 7 years but I don't think we have enough cap to get the number.

One caveat to consider is a 2 year bridge beings him up for renewal at the same time as Rantanen.

Zur En Arrh

Apr 16, 2022
6.5 milish. Likely a top pairing D, but his a leftie which drops his value.

Question is do you give him a long term contract with his history?
I think a fair number considering his potential and the potential of it being a steal is 7-7.5 at 6-8 years. I would absolutely do that as worse case scenario it's ltir buried. He has number 1 d written all over him.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
One caveat to consider is a 2 year bridge beings him up for renewal at the same time as Rantanen.

While that is true, hopefully by that point we're seeing more consistent bigger jumps in the cap.

Mikko shouldn't get a huge raise anyway. He shouldn't be making much more then what Tkachuk just signed for tbh. Maybe a ~1-1.5M raise to get him into the $10.5M range.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
6.5 milish. Likely a top pairing D, but his a leftie which drops his value.
I don’t think being a lefty drops his value. I just think there’s a righty tax when it comes to defencemen. Take the market value and add x dollars.

Sparkleton

Nov 9, 2021
Offersheet comments are usually controversial because they rarely happen but he seems like an interesting gamble.

He could be a good risk for a team that is on the upswing but hasn’t hit the cap ceiling. 4,200,000 for 2 years is a 2nd rounder. Bryam gets paid immediately as an insurance policy against his health and the team that trades for him can flip/drop/retain him after 2 years.

Avs might match it too so either way it’s sort of a win-win if he can’t get a long term contract.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Offersheet comments are usually controversial because they rarely happen but he seems like an interesting gamble.

He could be a good risk for a team that is on the upswing but hasn’t hit the cap ceiling. 4,200,000 for 2 years is a 2nd rounder. Bryam gets paid immediately as an insurance policy against his health and the team that trades for him can flip/drop/retain him after 2 years.

Avs might match it too so either way it’s sort of a win-win if he can’t get a long term contract.
The Avs *might* match this? They’d match anything even close to this so quickly your head would spin. The Avs would rather piss a 2nd rounder straight into the Colorado River as opposed to letting a foundational piece walk away for that price.

Sparkleton

Nov 9, 2021
The Avs *might* match this? They’d match anything even close to this so quickly your head would spin. The Avs would rather piss a 2nd rounder straight into the Colorado River as opposed to letting a foundational piece walk away for that price.
I mean great, makes sense. I speculate his next contract with the Avs is two years @ 4,200,000.

63 others

Mar 3, 2018
I guess he signs longterm but to a surprisungly low aav, maybe 5 x 7 years

Like josi, cause of injury history

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I guess he signs longterm but to a surprisungly low aav, maybe 5 x 7 years

Like josi, cause of injury history

I think Byrams ego is too big for that.

If he goes long term it'll be for 7+ IMO, which simply put the Avs can't afford today. They need to bridge him from a cap perspective but also for the sake of injury concerns.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad