Value of: Bowen Byram

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yes, it would be incredibly ruthless and a terrible PR move from the Avs but they are in their cup winning window and Bowen Byram is high value young player that could potentially bring back a valuable piece for their playoff run.

The catch? Will he ever return to hockey? If so… when and in what capacity?

Could be a shrewd move for a rebuilding team to get a blue chip piece that could be a huge part of the future when they are ready to compete.

For the Avs, they need to win now and if Byram isn’t playing for them, he’s not helping towards that.

Will never happen but maybe it should???

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Given the concussion history and the recurring issues it’s hard to actual put a value on him. From both Colorado and the potential acquiring team

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Please advise further as to his current/projected medical status/issues.

A deal w/something down + conditionals on both sides would be cumbersome, but conceivable.
Howev, the realer the risk the less likely a deal can actually be envisioned

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Would probably have to come with bigtime conditional picks from Colorado, which would also handcuff their ability to use those picks in other ways, which cuts away at the point of moving Byram in the first place.

Rather than looking at what he could return, perhaps it makes more sense to ask what player they might be looking to acquire who couldn't be had without including Byram in a deal.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
The only concept I can think of... In a package for Chychrun?

Similar calibre ceiling discussions with main differences in timing due to contending vs rebuilding for the two clubs.

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Even with the health issues, Colorado isn’t trading Bo Byram. He’s either playing and he’s one of the best young and upcoming defenseman in the game, or he’s not and the Avs are trading him for pennies on the dollar.

Stop wasting your time.

Last edited:

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
The Avs have no reason to sell low on him. He has too much upside. It would be beyond dumb to sell low on Byram.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ill give you Rakell as a rental for Byram...

You guys up your cup chances... we take all the risk.

your welcome

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Please advise further as to his current/projected medical status/issues.

A deal w/something down + conditionals on both sides would be cumbersome, but conceivable.
Howev, the realer the risk the less likely a deal can actually be envisioned

No. The Avs are not under any obligation to absolve other teams of risk. If the Avs were to trade him, the interested teams would have to take the risk with the upside.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Absolutely no chance Colorado trades him for a discount and I cant imagine any team likes him enough to make such a risky trade given his current situation.

The Avs are going to let it play out. We are fortunate enough that our Defense is pretty deep and even our pipeline has a few good Dmen coming in the next year or two as well. If things dont get better for Byram and he does have to retire its an awful situation for him and his family to go through but the Avs would come out relatively ok.

Reactions: lucaseider

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Does he have a concussion history? I know hes currently having Issues with a recent concussion but I don't know his history.

Would be a shame if it affects his career, they already essentially lost Timmins to it too.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
PR has never been high on NHL teams priority lists, so I'd imagine if they got an offer they really liked they'd move him.
I don't think that offer is coming though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad