Confirmed with Link: Bouma, Jooris, and Byron file for arbitration. UPDATE: everyone has signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Very, very unlikely the Flames lose any of them. Teams can't walk away from arbitration awards lower than 3.5M.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Hopefully Bouma doesn't get awarded much over 2. Byron and Jooris should get very favourable numbers. Bouma is the only one concerning.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This actually is a good thing, to me. Puts a finite end to the negotiation and puts it in someone else's hands. Unfortunately, it might sour the relationship between team and player, but I don't think so with our management.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
This actually is a good thing, to me. Puts a finite end to the negotiation and puts it in someone else's hands. Unfortunately, it might sour the relationship between team and player, but I don't think so with our management.

I think it's good too.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Does this open up the new buyout window for us? I think it's club selected only, but I could be wrong.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010

If Bouma would agree to a reasonable rate, he'd be signed by now.

Bouma understands that he needs to maximize his earnings while he has a chance, as his career might not be exceptionally long (or again, it might be). Calgary understands that last year may have bad some good luck involved.

Hence, the large disparity of worth.

A 3-year contract around $2M might give each side what it wants. I think Bouma wants more than that.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
How would you know that, when you have no idea what each side is actually looking for?
we can't walk away from arbitration unless they are awarded at least 3.5 million and they cannot be offersheeted. so they will be Flames next year unless they are traded.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
we can't walk away from arbitration unless they are awarded at least 3.5 million and they cannot be offersheeted. so they will be Flames next year unless they are traded.

Thank you, I thought that he meant that it was unlikely that they "would lose the arbitration", not "lose the player". Thanks for clarifying that.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Was looking at the arbitration results from last year, most of them were settled prior to the arbitration hearing. I don't expect any different result here.

Indeed. 2 out of 20 arbitration dates actually happened last year. Bouma should be signed within the week.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I prefer to call that 10%

Well then you're making a fundamental assumption that number that the ratio of arbitration settlements to filings is unaffected by the total number of arbitration filings. If there were 100 arbitration filings, would you still expect exactly 10 to go to arbitration? I'm not sure...

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Well then you're making a fundamental assumption that number that the ratio of arbitration settlements to filings is unaffected by the total number of arbitration filings. If there were 100 arbitration filings, would you still expect exactly 10 to go to arbitration? I'm not sure...
would you expect 2 of every 20? same difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad