Confirmed with Link: Bouma, Jooris, and Byron file for arbitration. UPDATE: everyone has signed.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
The problem with that is that he would be expcting his salary to go up over time, especilly since he hits UFA in 2 years.

He's getting $1.5M this year at a minimum. He would likley get more in arbitration next year if he has any kind of year.

And he's at risk to get an arbitration award this year of $2M or more.

If he would accept any of those numbers you propose, he would have been signed by now.

When you are dealing with pre-UFA years, the AAV actually goes up the longer the term.

It goes up if he's going to put up 30 points every year. If he drops back down to 15-20 points a season he's not going to warrant 2+ million a season.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
It goes up if he's going to put up 30 points every year. If he drops back down to 15-20 points a season he's not going to warrant 2+ million a season.

He might well as a UFA.

He's not going to be an easy sign, and I expect him to be traded.

I agree that calagry shouldn't go long term with him unless the cap hit is very favourable. I just don't think he'll agree to that.

WhereIsIt

alongtheboards
Jan 21, 2010
Calgary
www.alongtheboards.com
He might well as a UFA.

He's not going to be an easy sign, and I expect him to be traded.

I agree that calagry shouldn't go long term with him unless the cap hit is very favourable. I just don't think he'll agree to that.

Well it's going to arbitration, so neither side has to agree on anything at this point if they don't want to. The arbitrator will decide the contract.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Well it's going to arbitration, so neither side has to agree on anything at this point if they don't want to. The arbitrator will decide the contract.

I was talking about a longer term contract, where each side has to agree to it.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
I think it goes to arbitration based on no information.

I also think it goes to arbitration as the are still quite far apart, especially on a longer term deal.

Now, many a dispute gets settled "on the court room steps", so there is always hope.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I don't think it goes to arbitration. They're only $1M off, and the team likes Bouma a lot. We'll see if Bouma likes the team a lot.

Monahan For Mayor*

Im a huge fan of Bouma. We can't over pay for him tho. It'd easier to replace him. Than have a bad salary to have to work around, while the young guys need their raises next year

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
It'll either be 2x2 or 3 years at 1.7m, I think.

I doubt that Bouma would want to add in his UFA year for $1.1M.

If he gets, say, $2M this year, it will only go up from there.

I expect that it will be 2 year bridge contract. He'll then go UFA.

The Flames don't want to commit UFA dollars to him after only one year that screams outlier in terms of goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad