Value of: Bouchard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
First of all I don't think Edmonton would trade him. Just seems to be dragging on a long time so what's his value if Edmonton and Bouchard is at an impasse ?
Latest is they are pretty set on AAV but Bouchard's camp wants it back loaded to boost the QO for the next RFA. I'm pretty sure it gets done soon.

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
As a Leafs fan, it's wild to see bridge deals exist. Bouchard for 2x$3.9m would be fantastic for Edmonton. Really like him as a player.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
2 years x 3.9ish sounds fair for him.

Looking at their cap and contract situation, there isnt alot expiring between now and the end of that 2 years though (Foegele and Ceci) and theyre gonna be handing draisaitl a fat contract that offseason as well. Cap gonna need to jump between now and then for them to be able to move beyond status quo

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Looking at their cap and contract situation, there isnt alot expiring between now and the end of that 2 years though (Foegele and Ceci) and theyre gonna be handing draisaitl a fat contract that offseason as well. Cap gonna need to jump between now and then for them to be able to move beyond status quo
The cap will finally be going up again, and it should be doing so in large amounts. All of the COVID payments to the NHLPA are apparently repaid (or only a minute amount left on them), so they can now work on boosting that salary cap.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Foegle at dead line returns a asset. Foegele before the first day of league year when you have to be cap compliant costs a asset. there are only 8 teams that could afford to take him without sending $$ back and most of those are not playoff teams.
Maybe if they weren't cap compliant, but they are. If Bouchard gets 3.9 and Neimalainen (750K) gets sent down, they sneak under.

That puts them over the cap?
Not when they send Niemalainen down.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Appears it’s official

Attachments

• IMG_0813.jpeg
    IMG_0813.jpeg
    217.3 KB · Views: 1

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I feel like a lot of people gave up on him afyer the disappointing regular season. But the talent and opportunity upside are very high as the PPQB on Edmonton. He’s always passed the eye test with me, at least offensively

Reactions: ManofSteel55

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017

The cap most likely jumps by 10 million over the next 2 years

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I feel like a lot of people gave up on him afyer the disappointing regular season. But the talent and opportunity upside are very high as the PPQB on Edmonton. He’s always passed the eye test with me, at least offensively
honestly, he really only had a tough first half. He didn't gel with Kulak and it took him a bit to figure out Broberg, but they were shredding easy comps by January and then the Oilers picked up Ekholm.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The cap most likely jumps by 10 million over the next 2 years
That will mean that salary expectations rise too. Although it means that long term deals like Nurse will look a lot better and the aging years of Hyman/Kane/RNH will soften as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bouchard would look for big cash in two years. Maybe 8 years. Tied to Ekholm and being on PP1 he will be near the top for offense from a Dman, and without the warts on defense

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Ouch!
Going to be the Nurse situation all over again.
I would have just locked him up long term.
No you wouldn't, because you wouldn't have been able to find the cap space to sign him long term. Who is to say he even wanted to sign long term? Players know that the cap is about to go up huge. Young guys won't want to be tied down to low cap hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad