Value of: Bouchard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
That likely turns him into a Barrie 2.0, in which case his value won’t sky rocket. For his value to sky rocket he needs to substantially improve defensively

Just watch, Bouchard is going to be the next and on demand Marc Andre Bergeron. Considering he will be played in all offensive situations for the Oilers, I'd be shocked if he works on his defensive game especially when Ekholm, Nurse and Ceci will be the go to guys on defensive assignments

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
So Edmonton should trade their high-end young, cost-controlled homegrown talent on the blueline for picks/prospects that can hopefully become high-end talent on the blueline to help with our cap crunch?

I don't get why either team on either side of such a trade would do it. Seems like a wash at best

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
What’s his value? Given he’s not being traded and he’s only being offered bridge money, I’d say it’s:

1 x $3.75mm or 2 x $4.25mm per.

Since he waited out Byram and K Miller and he had big end of season point surge, he’ll get more than either of those guys.

Oilers probably need to dump an expensive bottom six player to resign him.

Foegele is my guess.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Foegele is my guess.
That’s the logical guy but Edmonton has shown no desire or ability to attach an asset to dump his negative value contract.

He won’t be easy to move. And eventually doing so will come at a cost to the Oilers.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Its no wonder he hasn’t been re-signed. If Bouchard or his agent are reading and believing Oiler fans’ overinflated opinions, they will be asking for a short term 8M AAV contract.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
That’s the logical guy but Edmonton has shown no desire or ability to attach an asset to dump his negative value contract.

He won’t be easy to move. And eventually doing so will come at a cost to the Oilers.

Probably, yes. But the cost for moving contracts in the real world is nowhere near what posters on HF claim them to be. Some people on here talk about 1st round picks, even multiple high picks, and that just isn't the case.

Zach Kassian's trade the the Coyotes was the highest in terms of cost that I can think of and his contract was worse than Foegele's. His play was way worse too.

So, ya. One year left at $2.75 Million AAV isn't going to cost a ton to move. Foegele also played well in the playoffs so he isn't in Kassian-levels of uselessness at this point.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Oilers basically have to sign him unless he is setting his contract demands at unworkable values to force his way out of Edmonton. Won’t get a similar aged and valued dman back in a trade.

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
Trading Bouchard right now would be stupid. But not as stupid as some of the posts on this thread

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Dealing Bouchard would set Edmonton back a long way, and force Nurse or Ekholm to play more minutes in a capacity that they shouldn't need to play. It would be shortsighted in the extreme to deal Bouchard.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I don't know why but I have huge issues with Bouchard/Broberg.

I swear I have to stop and think what one's the good one everytime I hear either name.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016

Foegele is in the last year of his deal. I doubt they’d have to attach anything to deal him, especially if it’s at the deadline.

Reactions: McJedi

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Foegele is in the last year of his deal. I doubt they’d have to attach anything to deal him, especially if it’s at the deadline.
Foegle at dead line returns a asset. Foegele before the first day of league year when you have to be cap compliant costs a asset. there are only 8 teams that could afford to take him without sending $$ back and most of those are not playoff teams.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Foegle at dead line returns a asset. Foegele before the first day of league year when you have to be cap compliant costs a asset. there are only 8 teams that could afford to take him without sending $$ back and most of those are not playoff teams.
At this point of the off season I doubt Edmonton is really looking to dump him anyways. He had a decent year last year and is a good bottom six option for them while some of the young kids get a good look at camp and to start the year. If one or two show well then I could see them looking to move him.

Of course I could always be wrong, too.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
At this point of the off season I doubt Edmonton is really looking to dump him anyways. He had a decent year last year and is a good bottom six option for them while some of the young kids get a good look at camp and to start the year. If one or two show well then I could see them looking to move him.

Of course I could always be wrong, too.
it all has to do with what bouchard gets as a RFA, 2 X 3.75 they do not need to move him but he probably wants over $4 on a 2 year deal and it might make sense to go longer if you are ED. had more space. lets say bouchard take $6.25 for 4 or 5 years and you could send foegele to chicago with a 2nd for Ottowas 3rd which chicago owns. would be trading pick 60 for pick 80 to get foegele off the books and get bouchard signed much longer with the cap going hearing 10 mil over 3 years if he puts up 60 pts on a 2 years deal that next deal is going to be $9 mil X 8

Reactions: GOilers88

Antti

Jun 29, 2022
He is t-33rd in the NHL for even strength points for defencemen in the last two seasons. God people are uneducated.
Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God; for to draw nigh to hear is better than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they know not that they do evil.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God; for to draw nigh to hear is better than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they know not that they do evil.
... are you comparing yourself to a church, and telling me to be careful? :laugh: that's some ego.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
If he’s smart he’ll sign a bridge deal and then force the Oilers hand like Nurse did. He will have a lot of leverage just like Nurse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad