Value of: Bouchard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Equivalent young D perhaps. Oilers have no real reason to trade him for less. That being said, if there is trouble signing him, then packaging him with other assets to upgrade would be the next best move.
I do agree with everything you said. I also am 90% sure he re-signs. Having said that each day that goes by brings a little more doubt.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Anything less than dealing him in a package for a legit #1 or top 25ish defenseman in their prime seems counterproductive at this point.

While that's probably true, absolutely nobody is giving up that level of Dman for Bouchard.

Edmonton needs to keep him and see if he can build on his play and take that next step into being a better overall Dman.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
There's nothing unusual or worrisome in the fact that he hasn't signed yet. He's an non-arb RFA. The deadline to get him signed in the start of training camp, and that's a soft deadline.

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Karlsson is far better defensively then he gets credit for and miss type on the 4th.
Not last year he wasnt. Also Bouchard had over twice as many takeaways as Ekholm last season but will anyone argue Bouchard is better defensively?

Nothing the other poster said was out of line. Bouchard is young and has room to improve his overall game, not really an offensive statement.

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Edmonton fans, like most fanbases, will want a value in terms of where they hope he will end up based on the potential he's had the past 5 years, refusing to give up on that potential.

Other fanbases will offer value in terms of where he's at given he hasn't yet reached the above mentioned potential in the 5 years since being drafted.

Rinse and repeat for all players in similar situations.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Hronek cost a 1st and 2nd. While Hronek is the better defenseman, I would imagine Oilers want a similar package in return. I don’t think teams will pay that package though for Bouchard. He’s below average 5 on 5 defensively and his skating ability is very limited.

• Haha
Reactions: TheOrangeDesk

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
What is the rumoured contact price?
He’s great offensively but anytime I’ve watched him he’s a bit of a tire fire in his own zone.
That said, he’s still young. If he can become even average defensively then that’s a really valuable player. Just pair him with a stay at home guy and that’s a solid pairing. I don’t think the Oilers can afford to lose him so I expect a deal to get done.

Reactions: YP44

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
While that's probably true, absolutely nobody is giving up that level of Dman for Bouchard.

Edmonton needs to keep him and see if he can build on his play and take that next step into being a better overall Dman.

Why not?

Bouchard has been fantastic for the Oilers in two consecutive years and was just their best defenseman in the playoffs.

This wouldn't make sense, but a team like Toronto would probably give up Reilly for him. I could see another team with a 28-30 year old D on a big deal trading for him ala Weber for Subban.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Why not?

Bouchard has been fantastic for the Oilers in two consecutive years and was just their best defenseman in the playoffs.

This wouldn't make sense, but a team like Toronto would probably give up Reilly for him. I could see another team with a 28-30 year old D on a big deal trading for him ala Weber for Subban.
I wouldn't give Rielly for Bouchard

There isnt a Draisaitl or Mcdavid level PP player on our team.

Bouchard has the same warts as Rielly with worse skating (rielly is still an elite sktaer)

Rielly has been a guy who plays strong in the playoffs for us routinely. Not looking to dump him for Bouchard type of D.

Would need a more reliable 2-way guy who has a limited offensive ceiling but can play hard matchup minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad