Bouchard gets the record for most assists by a defenseman in a playoff run.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'd say Mackinnon, Makar, Kutcherov and Mathews are in there too. And yes I do have a strict definition considering its a pretty arbitrary point. You could open up the "game breaking" word to include many many players or you could close it off to only a handful. I have chosen the latter rather than the former.

Why can't two things be true at once? Oh yeah you love to close and open arguments as you see fit. Bouchard absolutely can be a great player who's points ARE ALSO INFLATED due to playing with the two best offensive players in the world. Why in the world this is hard for you to understand is beyond comprehension. This had been the case for several forwards and defenseman all throughout the decades of hockey. Brian Campbell produced far more on contending teams than teams whom weren't contenders, that's only one example, and its only natural for that to be the case.

Now do it by averaged games played...
Seems odd to do that. Would you argue that Forsling for example doesn't have any game breakers to play with? I think he does.

Your point is easy to understand, I just think it's stupid.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
He's first in every scoring category for defencemen.

No Leaf D had more than 1 primary assist. Maybe if y'all had someone to distribute the puck on the back end you wouldn't be a first round KO every year.

Who is talking about the Leafs?

I've also been asking for a puck-moving D and more mobile D for a while for them.

He's leading in every category because of the extra games played.

I brought up A2s and Oiler fans seem to be upset, no clue why.

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Yep that’s the goal in the playoffs, playing more games, imagine that.

You thought that was an amazing come back didn't you? Now explain what the goals have to do with the statistics ?? LOL

Seems odd to do that. Would you argue that Forsling for example doesn't have any game breakers to play with? I think he does.

Your point is easy to understand, I just think it's stupid.

You think it's stupid that I limit the word "game breakers" to only the most elite players in the league instead of also incorporated the ones that are a CLEARLY a tier below them. Sure think what you want, I too think it's stupid to call Hintz a "gamebreaker". But to each their own I guess...

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
You thought that was an amazing come back didn't you? Now explain what the goals have to do with the statistics ?? LOL

You think it's stupid that I limit the word "game breakers" to only the most elite players in the league instead of also incorporated the ones that are a CLEARLY a tier below them. Sure think what you want, I too think it's stupid to call Hintz a "gamebreaker". But to each their own I guess...
Robertson is one, but keep on keeping on. Island life sure is nice sometimes. :laugh:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Bouchard is still completely incapable of playing like an NHLer in his own zone. He needs to be in the ECHL learning how to play his position before he belongs in this kind of conversation.

You don't think playing actual NHL quality defencemen wouldn't be an upgrade over a guy who has proven that he isn't able to play in his own zone at an acceptable standard?
^^ This you...lol.

Maybe sit this out.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Who is talking about the Leafs?

I've also been asking for a puck-moving D and more mobile D for a while for them.

He's leading in every category because of the extra games played.

I brought up A2s and Oiler fans seem to be upset, no clue why.
“No clue why” sure thing bud. At least have the stones to admit you’re trolling/trying to disregard the player.

He has double the points of the next guy. He hasn’t played double the games.

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Robertson is one, but keep on keeping on. Island life sure is nice sometimes. :laugh:

You would put Robertson in the same breath as Kucherov, Mackinnon, Mcdavid, Mathews and Drai?

Man thats a real reach if I've ever seen one...

FWIW I would much prefer Hintz over Robertson better player overall and plays a more important position but thats a separate topic for another day.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
“No clue why” sure thing bud. At least have the stones to admit you’re trolling/trying to disregard the player.

He has double the points of the next guy. He hasn’t played double the games.

He has almost double the A2s of the next guy, that's all I was saying.

Being good at breakout passes is a very good skill to have, no one is knocking him.

Reactions: Neil Racki

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
You would put Robertson in the same breath as Kucherov, Mackinnon, Mcdavid, Mathews and Drai?

Man thats a real reach if I've ever seen one...

FWIW I would much prefer Hintz over Robertson better player overall and plays a more important position but thats a separate topic for another day.
Never once did I say that. I suggest you review your original post and then take a look at the scoring leaders from just a single season ago. Specifically, look at points scored.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
What in the world does Forsling and Montour have to do with a conversation involving Bouchard and Heiskanen?? HOLY MOLY CANOLI what an off topic post.

Next are you going to bring up Bobby Orr too? How about you bring Chris Pronger and Lindstrom into the conversation because that's so relevant to what we are talking about. LOL. What even is this?? I'm surprised you didn't bring up the weather report and crime statistics too:laugh:.
He only brings it up cause it’s obvious you don’t know much about defenceman outside of Florida. So you need some comps you are familiar with. Bouchard being way better than both Forsling and Montour should give you an idea.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
You're like 17 years old man.. What do you know about hockey besides the last two weeks?
I’m not. More than enough to know that a defenceman breaking all time records is an elite defenceman and better at offence than his peers he produce much much less.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Edm fans seem desperate for non Oilers fans to say Bouchard is better than Makar or Fox or Hughes or Josi etc. Since the Canucks have sucked for most of the last decade I've watched a LOT of Oilers games and really until we played well this year I did so with no animosity. I've seen enough that it's quite clear to me that Bouchard is very very rarely the best player on the ice for EDM, he almost never dictates play or is relied upon to make something out of nothing, and defenses don't chase him and stick to him the way they do the other elite D.

His goal last game is a perfect example. There were 3 guys trying to contend with McDrai down low and he was completely open as a result. You don't see Hughes or Makar or Josi routinely open like that. And if they are they score too.

People who watch games and don't just look at the stats should easily be able to see that Bouchard doesn't dominate possession or dictate play the way other elite D do. And that's fine, he has the best 2 guys for that in the world and isnt asked to do it. Maybe on a worse team he would dictate play who knows. But when you predominantly get 2nd assists and you clearly are not the focus of the defence, it's tough to say you are greater than the Norris candidates.

Coffey has numbers that Orr doesn't have in the playoffs. Orr's best playoffs is only 24 points. No sane individual would say on that basis Coffey is better than Orr (I know they are not same generation).

Bouchard is a star but he's not in the top tier of NHL Dmen yet. He's had more points this run than Makar. Makar won the Conn Smythe and clearly deserved it. If Oilers win do you give the Conn Smythe to Evan over Connor? Why not?

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Edm fans seem desperate for non Oilers fans to say Bouchard is better than Makar or Fox or Hughes or Josi etc. is better than Orr (I know they are not same generation).

Bouchard is a star but he's not in the top tier of NHL Dmen yet. He's had more points this run than Makar. Makar won the Conn Smythe and clearly deserved it. If Oilers win do you give the Conn Smythe to Evan over Connor? Why not?

This is how I feel as well.

Enjoy Bouchard and the Oilers run ... but stop insisting anyone who doesnt put Bouchard above Makar is an Oiler hater.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
The Connor McDavid effect..

Bouchard
7 primary assists, 19 secondary assists

McDavid
24 primary assists, 10 secondary assists

Bouchard’s ratio isn’t even close to even lol

Reactions: Szechwan

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
some of the arguments I'm reading are so stupid I can't, surely you don't believe half the shit yourselves
And the fact that they are coming from someone who names themselves “notbias” is delusional and hilarious.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
*Shrug*
If he wins the Cup he will be. Without a Cup it's just stat-padding and irrelevant. Thankfully for him, the Panthers are looking very fragile right now.
So you think the players of 31 teams are irrelevant every season? That's a take.

Have you ever considered that perhaps cups are team achievements and that we can rate players in other ways, too?

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
He has almost double the A2s of the next guy, that's all I was saying.

Being good at breakout passes is a very good skill to have, no one is knocking him.

Ekholm had TWICE the amount of A1 Cale Makar had during the regular season 5v5. Ekholm > Makar offensively confirmed?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad