Proposal: Boston - Flyers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Simmonds is worth a good package. Pastrnak+ is a good package. Bruins probably rather have Pastrnak right now.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If Boston are trading youth to go for a title in the next two years, they should trade for defense first.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
If Boston are trading youth to go for a title in the next two years, they should trade for defense first.

We traded youth (Seguin) to go all in for another title and all we got was a President's Trophy. (I hope) They won't do that same mistake again.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
:flyers

David Pastrnak
2017 2nd

:bruins

Wayne Simmonds

simmonds is a very very good (not great) top 6 forward on a very very good (possibly great) contract...

but given his age... bostons situation... and what other teams would offer for either of these packages... its a no-go

i think philly gets a better offer from a true contender but i think boston holds onto their building blocks and focuses on resigning marchand while working backes into the lineup with belesky

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
Not a chance the flyers do that trade. Gonna take an overpayment to get Simmonds and that offer is far from that overpayment no matter what bruin fans say. And yes, we will keep Simmonds

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't see Simmonds getting traded, unless the Flyers have a poor season and are out playoff contention at the deadline.

At that point a Simmonds trade with Anaheim for a dman + forward prospect would make sense, since the Flyers have an open protection slot on defense.

Ernest95

Jul 10, 2015
Philly
Y'know, there I was about to say oh look no new flyers trade proposals, but then I saw this one, not horrendous by any means, just wouldn't do it.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Philly needs Simmonds now.

Boston can't afford to trade it's top young forward, and really only young forward with elite level potential.

No for both sides. But if that deal was made, it's a win for Philly.

MustardTigers

Aug 2, 2013
Wow, Pastrnak is being way overvalued in this thread, he had 26 points last season. There is no way Philly accept this trade. I don't really care that he is 20, I doubt he ever eclipses the production Simmonds currently has on a affordable contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad