Proposal: Boston - Flyers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Pastrnak seems to be a special player and if this were a 1st its just the kind of overpayment it would take to get simmonds.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
That is the hope of all young players, that they become better and better.

You mean like what happened to Simmonds ????

Simmonds after first 2 NHL seasons: 160 games - 25 G + 38 A for 63 points and a +14 rating
Pastrnak after first 2 NHL seasons: 97 games - 25 G + 28 A for 53 Points and a +15 rating

Why is it so hard for you to accept that most Bruin fans think Pastrnak will have the same sort of improvement over the next few years ???? Oh yeah I almost forgot - good luck.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
You mean like what happened to Simmonds ????

Simmonds after first 2 NHL seasons: 160 games - 25 G + 38 A for 63 points and a +14 rating
Pastrnak after first 2 NHL seasons: 97 games - 25 G + 28 A for 53 Points and a +15 rating

Why is it so hard for you to accept that most Bruin fans think Pastrnak will have the same sort of improvement over the next few years ???? Oh yeah I almost forgot - good luck.

To add to that, Pastrnak finished his second NHL season at 19 years old. Simmonds was 20 when he broke into the league. At age 18 Pastrnak was PPG+ in the AHL and .58 PPG player in the NHL where as Simmonds was under a PPG in the OHL.

Of course, this guarantee's nothing but history shows us that players that can produce in the NHL at the ages of 18 and 19 often turn out to be high impact players.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
To add to that, Pastrnak finished his second NHL season at 19 years old. Simmonds was 20 when he broke into the league. At age 18 Pastrnak was PPG+ in the AHL and .58 PPG player in the NHL where as Simmonds was under a PPG in the OHL.

Of course, this guarantee's nothing but history shows us that players that can produce in the NHL at the ages of 18 and 19 often turn out to be high impact players.

But for some reason this particular Philly fan just can't see that or else just won't admit to seeing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I must not know what I thought I knew about pasta because this is just insane. Summer was the sticking point in Ekblad a few years back before we had some of the guys we have now. He is a very good player and leader. Very rare skill set as well. I really don't see how he is worth so little.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
No, it's not. Contracts aside Simmonds has more value. Add in his steal of a contract he's easily more valuable

There's an 8 year age difference between Pastrnak and Simmonds.

There's not a GM in the league who wouldn't trade Simmonds for Pastrnak if given the chance. Sure you take a short-term hit production wise, but Pastrnak will still be playing long after Simmonds is done.

PEI Flyers Fan

Beach Bum
Jan 16, 2016
Waiting for Stanley
I think Flyers fans are more than happy to keep the proven player. Pastrnak is not a player you can bank on like Simmonds. At the moment, this trade would help the Bruins more than the Flyers. Maybe different down the road but who has that crystal ball?

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007

There's not a GM in the league who wouldn't trade Simmonds for Pastrnak if given the chance. Sure you take a short-term hit production wise, but Pastrnak will still be playing long after Simmonds is done.

that's total rubbish. teams that are competing for the cup right now would absolutely prefer Simmonds over Pastrnak. you think competitive teams would allow themselves to get worse now just to hopefully get a tiny bit better in 3-4 years? not a chance.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
LOL this thread is getting embarrassing. Please close.

It sure is - but only for some of the Flyer fans posting here. Whereas the Bruin fans have all said that Simmonds is a great player but we prefer keeping Pastrnak almost every Flyer fan seems to take this as an insult to one of their guys and then feel the need to tell us how much more inferior Pastrnak is. Tell you what - you keep your guy and we'll keep our guy....but let's revisit this thread in a few years and see who was right. :nod:

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
It sure is - but only for some of the Flyer fans posting here. Whereas the Bruin fans have all said that Simmonds is a great player but we prefer keeping Pastrnak almost every Flyer fan seems to take this as an insult to one of their guys and then feel the need to tell us how much more inferior Pastrnak is. Tell you what - you keep your guy and we'll keep our guy....but let's revisit this thread in a few years and see who was right. :nod:

I understand why they don't make that deal, they aren't legit contenders right now, otherwise they might, but to say let's revisit this in a few years is lame. that's like saying PIT should trade Crosby for Matthews because he will eventually surpass him. a lot depends on where your team is at right now and what their needs are.

if you're happy with your guy, then great, but this makes no sense for Philly either to weaken their top 6 now for the future. they have enough future wingers in the pipeline. they need top 6 guys now. so it doesn't make much sense for either team.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
if you're happy with your guy, then great, but this makes no sense for Philly either to weaken their top 6 now for the future. they have enough future wingers in the pipeline. they need top 6 guys now. so it doesn't make much sense for either team.

Now that's a well thought out rebuttal. :handclap:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Wrong. Hextall. Done.

Trading a young player + a good asset for a more established better asset TODAY happens. Hmmm....where oh where could I find a recent example??? Oh look, one month ago:

Brassard +7th rounder for Zibby +2nd.

Brassard....soon to be 29 years old....58 points.
Zibby....23 year old...51 points.
Yet Ottawa adds a 2nd for the better player TODAY.

Simmonds....soon to be 28 year old....60 points
Pasta...20 year old....career high 27 points.....coulda/woulda/shoulda pace of 48 points.
Yet you don't think 1 GM would trade a 60 point guy today...to get a worse player NOW. Wrong.

Flip it around, you are saying that not one GM would trade Pasta for Simmonds, yet we just saw a GM trade a better player in Zibby AND add a 2nd for a 58-60 point guy. Hmmm.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland

Great post.

Re bolded part 1: I am stunned by this. All Bruins fans talking greatly about Simmonds and they react like someone took a dump in their cheesesteaks. Astonishing.

Re bolded part 2: amen brother.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Lets talk when Pastrnak has as many points in a season as Simmonds had goals last season. Then we can start a framework for a conversation.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa

Is this serious?

OConnellsProtege

Nov 23, 2011
I like Simmonds, not enough to trade Pasta though. We had Eriksson last year, a guy who is similar offensively and superior defensively, and it still wasn't enough to get us into the playoffs. Having a healthy Pastrnak would have helped get us there, but to remove him entirely for this upcoming season to add Simmonds just comes off as very counter-productive from a Bruins standpoint. Not even going to get into comparing values as that has already been discussed in previous posts and given my reasoning, makes that kind of discussion redundant imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad