Post-Series Talk: Boston Bruins Defeat Toronto Maple Leafs (win 4-3)

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I will thank you Bruins if somehow Leafs are able to get rid of Marner, Tavares, Rielly and Keefe.

if not

FU Bruins. All the worst to you.

P.S. Good series but if what I want comes to pass then Thanks Bruins!
If the Red Sox, White Sox and Cubs can all win the World Series, then the Toronto Maple Leafs can win the Stanley Cup.

You’ll get there eventually.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Hahahha no. Woll had two fluke games and will be the next to be blamed next year.
Woll isn't better than Swayman, but those were not fluke games by him. He's a legitimately excellent goaltender who can be a #1 in the league

The biggest issue for him is injuries. He would've been the Leafs starter for game 1 if he didn't have a high ankle sprain that derailed his 2nd half of the season

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Original 6 team, biggest city in the country, huge fan base, guaranteed sellouts, unlimited budget, everyone wants to play there, yet they somehow still go 50+ years without winning.

But enough about the Rangers...

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I will thank you Bruins if somehow Leafs are able to get rid of Marner, Tavares, Rielly and Keefe.

if not

FU Bruins. All the worst to you.

P.S. Good series but if what I want comes to pass then Thanks Bruins!
You will never get to the promise land man using fowl language on the world most favorite team the Boston Bruins. Save yourself and jump off that Leaf bandwagon.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
If the Red Sox, White Sox and Cubs can all win the World Series, then the Toronto Maple Leafs can win the Stanley Cup.

You’ll get there eventually.

Dude the Red Sox when they won big Papi showed the F up and the team didn't have whiners like Marner on it or stupid shits like Tavares

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Matthews looked fine tbh, obviously not game 2 level but he's clearly injured so it's tough to know what to expect. The only goal we scored is because he froze Swayman and set up Nylander

It also doesn't help that Keefe gave him a blackhole of offense aka Jarnkrok. I would've put someone with offensive touch like Nick Robertson on his wing to take advantage of Matthews' gravity

At this point, we know Tavares is washed and old, but Marner is the most pathetic. He did next to nothing this series except make sure he would skate himself out of high-danger opportunities. I'd do crazy things to have him waive his NMC

Tell me you don't understand defensive zone structure without telling me

Pasta flew by Marner in the neutral zone untouched, torched Rielly to get to the puck while Nylander watched the play like he was out for a pond skate. The effort sums it all up.

Everyone just watching it happen, lol.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Keefe will 100% be gone, but Mitch is a tough situation since he holds the cards. They need to sit him down and just be honest about the whole thing, it isn't working out and it's best for both parties if we move him somewhere he's fine with

I agree on Domi, he seems to be one of the only players on this team other than Nylander who enjoys the bright lights and the moment.

Defense badly needs mobility, Montour could help a lot. I'm also interested in Skeji and Roy but we'll likely get outbid on these top guys

Montour is mobile, and fiesty…. And he has a bit of that nylander swagger to him.

I thought overall leafs defense and identity on the back end was good…. But rielly seemed off a bit and they def lacked offensive fire power/mobility…. Keep the same idea but add a montour/hronek/skeji type to it and I think it’s in a really good spot

Reactions: leafsfan5

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's bizarre to me that people are blaming Samsonov for that series loss. I don't think he played that well, but the Leafs scored 1, 3, 2, 1, and 1 goals in his 5 starts. No goalie is winning a series with that little help offensively.

I thought the Leafs played very well defensively in the series as a whole, they just couldn't score. Which is pretty pathetic considering what they're paying their top forwards. Tavares had 2 points in 7 games and Marner had 3 points in 7 games, that is absolutely pathetic.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1714926480589.png

vs

1714926514801.png

vs

1714926545241.png

vs

1714926571664.png

The Pasta criticisim is odd to me. Scores the OT winner and has better playoff stats in his career. He also had a lot less forward talent surrounding him.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Don't worry, the Bruins are also terrible.

It was a battle of who was less shitty, the Bruins were slightly less.

Unfortunately now Daddy Florida awaits
I won't deny that we are a shell of our former self. Need to play physical to even things up and sadly they got less and less physical as the series went on.

Coming out party for Knies, what a series for the kid. Playoff type player. He'll be a fan favourite for a long time.
Kid looked great for sure.

Reactions: BB79

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The better team won. Another spring of trauma for a fragile Leafs franchise at the hands of the Bruins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad