Boston Bruins Boston Bruins Announce 2021 Development Camp Roster And Schedule

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
They had a chance to this year. I know that they did take the best ranked player available and no one is gonna blame them for it because it's nice for them not to reach for once. But I wish they could of found a way to get a 2nd Rd pick and get Ratty. I think he's gonna be an absolute steal. He's who I wanted them to draft in the first but hard to complain when a top ten talent slips to you. Does anybody know why Ratty slipped so much? A year ago everyone had him going 1st overall

Ratty had a really poor season this year and there was a lot of chatter about even last season, he was not generating much high danger offense and was a perimeter player. I think when that kind of narrative forms around you, you have to come into the next season and perform really well. That actually happened with Barzal in his D-1 year and he was insanely passive on the perimeter in the U20's that year which caused him to fall. Shame on everyone, famously, but Ratty had a similar narrative and played very poorly as a result. He's talented so I'd bet on him being a D+1 riser this season but clearly most teams didn't want to risk it.

Lysell is a simiarly high end talent who had a weird year and fell for intangible reasons. I have high hopes for him as he's among the 5 most talented players in this draft. If he puts it together he could be a steal. No regrets on that pick.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
They had a chance to this year. I know that they did take the best ranked player available and no one is gonna blame them for it because it's nice for them not to reach for once. But I wish they could of found a way to get a 2nd Rd pick and get Ratty. I think he's gonna be an absolute steal. He's who I wanted them to draft in the first but hard to complain when a top ten talent slips to you. Does anybody know why Ratty slipped so much? A year ago everyone had him going 1st overall

deep draft next year I wouldn’t sweat it

Reactions: bbfan419

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Next decade:

Head Coach - Patrice Bergeron
Assistant coaches - Brad Marchand / Adam McQuaid
Goalie Coach - Tuukka Rask
GM - Andrew Ference
Assistant GM - Chris Kelly
President - Zdeno Chara

So much for needing to go outside the organization.

Can't see Marchand as a coach.

Rask & Chara probably have better things to do.

Another small defenseman for GM?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
So much for needing to go outside the organization.

Can't see Marchand as a coach.

Rask & Chara probably have better things to do.

Another small defenseman for GM?

I think Chara would make a helluva coach. Real smart and people listen when he talks.

Tuukka? I dont know. Ican envision him with goalie prospects.

“ wtf was that? …get off my ice”…you suck…”
Then throws something at him.

:laugh:

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I think Chara would make a helluva coach. Real smart and people listen when he talks.

Tuukka? I dont know. Ican envision him with goalie prospects.

“ wtf was that? …get off my ice”…you suck…”
Then throws something at him.

:laugh:

Like Master Pai Mei he would swat them with a stick every time they did something wrong.
Only with Tuukka he would use a drum stick.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Next decade:

Head Coach - Patrice Bergeron
Assistant coaches - Brad Marchand / Adam McQuaid
Goalie Coach - Tuukka Rask
GM - Andrew Ference
Assistant GM - Chris Kelly
President - Zdeno Chara

They'd certainly figure out how to build a good, tough, hardworking contender.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad