Boston Bruins Boston Bruins Announce 2021 Development Camp Roster And Schedule

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Lohrei reminds me of Brett Burns. He transitioned so well from forward to D. I love his wrist/snap shot and how he waits off players to get his shot through. His shot is powerful and quick. This is now a way better tool then the big clapper. If he has a big year this year I’m going all in that he will be a legit #1-2 guy who will be a PP QB. This guy will top out at 15-20 goals a year.

Difficult to not get hyped to much about Lohrei and Lysell. Possible that both of them develop into game changing talent. Unfortunately we have to wait a few more years. Lohrei paired with Chuck and a one two punsh on rw with Pasta and Lysell would be exciting.

Reactions: bbfan419

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Lohrei reminds me of Brett Burns. He transitioned so well from forward to D. I love his wrist/snap shot and how he waits off players to get his shot through. His shot is powerful and quick. This is now a way better tool then the big clapper. If he has a big year this year I’m going all in that he will be a legit #1-2 guy who will be a PP QB. This guy will top out at 15-20 goals a year.
Let's not get too far on ML yet.
The first test for ML will be the Prospects Challenge. He has to stand out and be the best player for me to even think that he can make the NHL some day.
I can remember watching Carlo / Bjork and Cliffy in that tourney and boy you could see they really stood out and made all the plays everytime they were on the ice.
He needs to put up big numbers ( point a game) this year for me to get as excited as you are, then make the jump to the AHL and prove he belongs there.
I would be happy with 3/4 dee for us.
Let's check back in the late winter, see how he is doing.

Raleighfern

Apr 7, 2017
Thank you for the camp reports, Eric Saxon. Although I read all the topics here with keen interest my favorites are definately providence, college/junior/overseas, prospect, camp, development topics like this.

Reactions: PepeBostones

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
The first test for ML will be the Prospects Challenge. He has to stand out and be the best player for me to even think that he can make the NHL some day.
I can remember watching Carlo / Bjork and Cliffy in that tourney and boy you could see they really stood out and made all the plays everytime they were on the ice.
He needs to put up big numbers ( point a game) this year for me to get as excited as you are, then make the jump to the AHL and prove he belongs there.
Lohrei won't be at the Prospect Challenge, actually none of the College kids will be as they'll be in school, expect many Providence Bruins to be on the roster for it

Last edited:

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I agree that he has to have a big year this year

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Difficult to not get hyped to much about Lohrei and Lysell. Possible that both of them develop into game changing talent. Unfortunately we have to wait a few more years. Lohrei paired with Chuck and a one two punsh on rw with Pasta and Lysell would be exciting.
I was feeling it after seeing a bit of him after 10 games last year

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
If Studnicka finds his game that would be great for us. I’m pretty pumped about Lohrei, Swayman and Lysell.

Reactions: bbfan419

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
So, with camp and the draft in our rear view, is it safe to say the cupboard has been restocked?

We've now got a blue chip prospect at each position; Swayman, Lohrei, Lysell.

We've got some good, close to NHL-ready prospects: Studnicka, Lauko, Lyle, Vaak, Ahcan.

We've got some intriguing guys in Providence: Hall, Keyser, Greenway, Berglund, Froden, Steen...

And a whole other tier of college and junior guys: Beecher, Kuntar, Harrison, Mast (Olson, Schmaltz, Duran, Gasseau, McFaul....)

Last edited:

Bearcrap

Jan 29, 2004
Pembroke
So, with camp and the draft in our rear view, is it safe to say the cupboard has been restocked?

We've got some good, close to NHL-ready prospects: Studnicka, Lauko, Lyle, Vaak, Ahcan.

We've got some intriguing guys in Providence: Hall, Keyser, Greenway, Berglund, Froden, Steen...

And a whole other tier of college and junior guys: Beecher, Kuntar, Harrison, Mast (Olson, Schmaltz, Duran, Gasseau, McFaul....)
SHHHHH....if Sweeney hears something like this he'll start throwing away 1st round picks again.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

I'm feeling better about the Bruins youth/prospect situation than I was a couple of months ago, but I don't know if I'd yet go so far as to say that they're 'restocked'. I'm buying into the hype around Lohrei but he's still got it all to prove, same goes for Lysell. Studnicka had a disappointing 2021 season - I still believe in his talent and hope he can bounce back, but I can also see him potentially being traded now. Lauko I really like what I see and hear, but he is a bit injury prone. With luck he will grow out of it. Vaak has underwhelmed a bit, but I think he could be a consistent 5-6D which is something, as opposed to Ahcan who's size means he's facing a real uphill battle to ever become a NHL regular.

Beyond that the collection of younger/newer guys we're building is indeed starting to look pretty good. And I think that's the key thing for me. Excluding Swayman, the list of players the Bruins have who are on the cusp of or in the process of establishing themselves as NHLers is small - Studnicka, Lauko, Frederic, Vaak, Zboril, maybe Steen and Hughes, and only the first two have any realistic hopes of becoming top 6F/top 4D players (although credit must also be given here for Lauzon). Due to some poor drafting in around the 2014-18 period and the giving away of some high picks, sometimes for completely valid reasons (offloading Backes), the cupboard is still pretty bare amongst that group, and that's going to hurt the Bs for at least the next couple of years.

But I certainly feel that the organization has done better in drafting and recruitment in the last 3 or so years and amongst that next generation of guys things are starting to look pretty good. It's very early days for some of them but there are some positive signs and I think the Bruins prospect pool is improving and the talent skating around in Providence will be looking considerably better come 2023 and beyond. And that in itself is rather exciting and good cause for hope for the future.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Western Mass kid.

I’m a Quinnipiac alum and live 15 minutes from their rink so I’ve seen Petro play. When he’s on, calm and sound positionally…gives little to shoot at. Good rebound control from what I’ve seen.

As I recall he was thought to contend for the starting job as a freshman but didn’t break thru until his junior year, some talk about maturity and balancing school with hockey, doing what it takes to succeed, but not sure how much there is to it.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Post Development Camp Top 10
1. Swayman
2. Lorhei
3. Lysell
4. Studnicka
5. Lauko
6. Beecher
7. Kuntar
8. Lyle
9. Hall
10. Langenbrunner

1-9 was fairly easy
10 was hard, I considered other's like Berglund but in the end Mason Langenbrunner has the highest upside
Frederic,Zboril Senyshyn I graduated
Vaakanainen didn't make the cut

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad