Proposal: Boston - Anaheim

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
I think there is potential for Spooner to be better than fowler, but I think most people see he could just easily regress.

When you fact that in, then you see why the 2nd piece is necessary.

Think of it like the Bobby Ryan trade without the 1st and you might be more happy.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Good job op. Seems like everyone is happy. Even 3rd parties, wait what?

Thanks!

Went to Ducks board first and asked around for needs and which defesneman they likely would move then took my proposal that some of them liked to the Bruins board before posting here. Saves a lot of time here and allows for closer discussions (like the Tatar vs. Spooner one, the value of the prospect in the trade etc.) rather than sides turning into a pissing contest.

Cheers

BluesTraveler

May 25, 2016
Bruins say no on the basis that Fowler does little to make their defense better. Not gonna give up that much for a guy who's a minor upgrade from Kevan Miller.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I think there is potential for Spooner to be better than fowler, but I think most people see he could just easily regress.

When you fact that in, then you see why the 2nd piece is necessary.

Think of it like the Bobby Ryan trade without the 1st and you might be more happy.

Spooner has shown he is what he is at minimum. There is no chance of regression.

That stat is beyond a joke. Are you seriously denying the idea that a 3rd liner doesn't see the same level of competition as guys on the 2nd and 1st line?

Spooner has filled in for Krejci on the second line and been around one point per game. He is fine so long as he isn't expected to be a #1. He has the speed and skill to be a force. Taking two 15 goal scorers off his line can only help.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Bruins say no on the basis that Fowler does little to make their defense better. Not gonna give up that much for a guy who's a minor upgrade from Kevan Miller.

I know people like to make themselves look dumb, but this takes things a bit far. Fowler goes from being the #1/2 defenseman on a deep defensive team winning the Jennings to a below-average defensive team with serious depth issues, yet he's just a "minor upgrade" over one of the guys that epitomizes the mentioned depth issues on a defensively challenged group. I'm not saying it is aliens, but we should not rule out the option of it being aliens.

TheGreat

Dec 5, 2012
Spooner has shown he is what he is at minimum. There is no chance of regression.

Spooner has filled in for Krejci on the second line and been around one point per game. He is fine so long as he isn't expected to be a #1. He has the speed and skill to be a force. Taking two 15 goal scorers off his line can only help.

Nobody knows that for sure , not saying spooner isnt good or isn't going to become better but no one knows what can happen in the future

As for the deal , If Anaheim's and Boston's fan agree to it , then I say its a good deal

OConnellsProtege

Nov 23, 2011
Pretty straightforward. Ducks need a quality top six player on a cheap contract. Boston needs help on defense.

To Boston:

D Cam Fowler

To Anaheim:

F Ryan Spooner
F Zach Senyshyn

Cap space freed up in Anaheim, Boston begins to fix their terrible defense situation. Is Senyshyn too much? Not enough for a #2 defenseman?

Cheers!

I find it hard to argue against this deal. Looking at team needs, player value and salary, every requirement seems to have been addressed. Being a Boston fan, I would do my best to throw a lesser prospect+pick on the offer table instead of Senyshyn, but other than that, OP gets the stamp of approval from this guy.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Nice job by the OP. If I'm Boston I'd try and follow this deal up with a deal for Shattenkirk. Could Chara @ 50% retention + 2nd get that done? Fowler, Krug, Shatty and McAvoy is a decent looking group for a re-tool.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Pretty straightforward. Ducks need a quality top six player on a cheap contract. Boston needs help on defense.

To Boston:

D Cam Fowler

To Anaheim:

F Ryan Spooner
F Zach Senyshyn

Cap space freed up in Anaheim, Boston begins to fix their terrible defense situation. Is Senyshyn too much? Not enough for a #2 defenseman?

Cheers!

I hope so much for his exact deal being made

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think this is one of the better offers for Fowler on these boards... I could see Boston having a Lil trouble pulling the trigger... maybe a slight add fromantic anahiem

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
I just have a feeling that Senyshyn is going to be the best player in this deal. If I was the Bruins I just keep building for the future as they are doing now and make deals that don't include prospects like Senyshyn.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So from Detroit you want Tatar, From Toronto you want JVR or top 3 prospect but from Boston you will take this? seems like a MUCH lower ask than from Detroit or Toronto

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
So from Detroit you want Tatar, From Toronto you want JVR or top 3 prospect but from Boston you will take this? seems like a MUCH lower ask than from Detroit or Toronto

Spooner can give us similar if slightly lower production than those two at a fraction of the price. He makes roughly 1/3 of Tatar's salary and 1/5 of JVR's this season, plus we're getting a top prospect to boot. When you consider the Ducks budget needs this is easily the most beneficial offer of the three.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Spooner can give us similar if slightly lower production than those two at a fraction of the price. He makes roughly 1/3 of Tatar's salary and 1/5 of JVR's this season, plus we're getting a top prospect to boot. When you consider the Ducks budget needs this is easily the most beneficial offer of the three.

Plus I really believe that Senyshyn has a very good chance to be a very good player, if it works out it would be a very good deal for the Ducks.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Plus I really believe that Senyshyn has a very good chance to be a very good player, if it works out it would be a very good deal for the Ducks.

I said it last year when all 3 were picked they were all going to bust and I stick by that

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
As a Bruins fan I would do this. I hate giving up Senyshyn but to bring in a top 4, potential top 2 pairing d man is worth the cost. Fowler is 24 and will still improve, so a top 2 role is definitely there for him to grow into with boston.
It sucks but as a realistic Bruins fan I understand the cost to acquire a top young d man is going to be significantly more than a top forward simply because they aren't as prominent. Defense is so hard to draft because you aren't projecting 2-3 years, its more like 3-5 years until you see them level out into their abilities. Fowler is at an age where when our younger players ( zboril, carlo, heinen, etc) make the step into the league Fowler will be in his prime.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

No Ducks fans want that. They even expressed it for pages and pages and even responded to you with the sound reasoning multiple times.

Just say no to JVR. It's called the salary cap and they have responded no so many times it's incredible.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
No Ducks fans want that. They even expressed it for pages and pages and even responded to you with the sound reasoning multiple times.

Just say no to JVR. It's called the salary cap and they have responded no so many times it's incredible.

Thanks you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad