Proposal: Boston - Anaheim

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Pretty straightforward. Ducks need a quality top six player on a cheap contract. Boston needs help on defense.

To Boston:

D Cam Fowler

To Anaheim:

F Ryan Spooner
F Zach Senyshyn

Cap space freed up in Anaheim, Boston begins to fix their terrible defense situation. Is Senyshyn too much? Not enough for a #2 defenseman?

Cheers!

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I really like Fowler, but it seems like someone has to go. If we move him, this is the type of deal I would expect and hope for.

I would make this deal.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
If Fowler is being moved, this is exactly what the Ducks should be looking for. Immediate offensive help, some much needed scoring punch added to the system and just over $3M in salary relief for the upcoming year.

Well done OP

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
He's a RW but he's likely headed back to junior anyway. Spooner could play LW for us.

Despite LW being more of an immediate concern, we have Ritchie and Jones for the future, RW is actually more barren in terms of prospects - so this works perfectly.

Can Spooner even play left wing? I don't really see where he fits.

Getzlaf
Kesler
Vermette
Wagner

I'd want someone that can immediately contribute at LW and that is proven. Otherwise this doesn't make us a better team. Would not do this deal.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Getzlaf
Kesler
Vermette
Wagner

I'd want someone that can immediately contribute at LW and that is proven. Otherwise this doesn't make us a better team. Would not do this deal.

Yes he can play LW (and has before). Vermette can also play LW if need be. Switching from C to W is generally not an issue, it's the other way around that players struggle with.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Getzlaf
Kesler
Vermette
Wagner

Spooner plays both LW and C, as do both Vermette and Rakell. Could also bump Vermette down to the 4th line and Wagner over to RW - flexibility is always a good thing.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Spooner plays both LW and C, as do both Vermette and Rakell. Could also bump Vermette down to the 4th line and Wagner over to RW - flexibility is always a good thing.

Agreed, I don't think we would sweat moving Wagner to wing at all.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Pretty straightforward. Ducks need a quality top six player on a cheap contract. Boston needs help on defense.

To Boston:

D Cam Fowler

To Anaheim:

F Ryan Spooner
F Zach Senyshyn

Cap space freed up in Anaheim, Boston begins to fix their terrible defense situation. Is Senyshyn too much? Not enough for a #2 defenseman?

Cheers!

Seeing as Stoner/Bieksa are immovable (without attaching a prized prospect) - I'd make this deal.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas

Getzlaf
Kesler
Vermette
Wagner

Based on my limited viewings of him and what I've read, Spooner plays better at center but can also slot into left wing. Because he's a pass-first playmaker, I think he'd complement Kesler and Silfverberg.

Ritchie - Getzlaf - Perry
Spooner - Kesler - Silfverberg
Cogliano - Vermette - Rakell
Garbutt - Wagner - Boll

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
I think Spooner could be a decent for with that roster. Not a huge fan of Fowler but I've already compared him to Stralman, which isn't bad. I'd still rather have Hamilton, et al. So bitter.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Senyshyn is hard to give up. The quality of prospect is fair given the cray-cray prices for D, but the fact that the Bruins have Marchand, Beleksey, DeBrusk, Vatrano, Donato, Heinen, Gabrielle as left handed shots and Pasta and Senyshyn as right handed shots makes giving up Senyshyn tough.

I probably make the deal after calling about Shattenkirk one more time. If STL takes that deal for Shattenkirk, (especially if they are willing to take a left hand shot like DeBrusk instead or Senyshyn) I probably make the deal with STL instead just because the Bruins can talk contract with Shattenkirk now, while Fowler can't be re-signed, yet.

In the end, after the Trouba/Lindholm contracts work out, I suspect Fowler and Shattenkirk will be in one of Detroit and Boston each.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad