Proposal: Bos - Van

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
And as for the comment about Petry - Petry is a good defensive dman... Tanev is much better. I'd trade a Petry too for Marchand.. wouldn't even consider Tanev for him for a millisecond.

As you said yourself, you wont recognize the Dman's value till u watch him play. Now, tell me, what does Tanev do thats alot better than Petry?? A serious question. Again, I dont watch him play too often, but he sounds similar to petry. Petry has better stats and has better overall advanced numbers. If he would score 50 points/yr he would be a franchise Dman as u said for Tanev.

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
As you said yourself, you wont recognize the Dman's value till u watch him play. Now, tell me, what does Tanev do thats alot better than Petry?? A serious question. Again, I dont watch him play too often, but he sounds similar to petry. Petry has better stats and has better overall advanced numbers. If he would score 50 points/yr he would be a franchise Dman as u said for Tanev.

Bruins fans obviously love themselves some Marchand.

While the majority of the world recognizes the importance and value of a top 2 dman, whose 26 years old, 6'2, right shot, swift foot Tanev whose on a great contract.
Tanev is similar to Travis Hamonic, just not as physical, but more of a skilled defender.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I don't see why a rebuilding team would give up a significant piece for a player one year away from free agency.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

While the majority of the world recognizes the importance and value of a top 2 dman, whose 26 years old, 6'2, right shot, swift foot Tanev whose on a great contract.
Tanev is similar to Travis Hamonic, just not as physical, but more of a skilled defender.

im sure that wasnt directed at me^^

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com

im sure that wasnt directed at me^^

Yes it was, I originally said something about who gives a rats *** about Petry, then the rest, but decided to delete that part.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
So there's some rumors about Vancouver looking for a LW and they may have to give Tanev. Personally I think it would be stupid to trade away Tanev but is

Chris Tanev for Brad Marchand

A good start to give offense to the Canucks and will help the Bruins on the blue line. I think picks and rookies would likely be included in the deal but I'm not sure what to add on either side.

Marchand would likely get assaulted or even killed if he spent too much time in Vancouver.

Vancouver hates him......and justifiably so, given his low-bridge to Salo, face-punching of Sedin, and taunting of the fans with the Stanley Cup gesture during a regular season game.

Brad Marchand and Kelly Sutherland should not spend any extended time in Vancouver in my opinion.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
LOL no one and i mean NO ONE in Vancouver wants rat face

Agreed.

Marchand would seriously get killed in Vancouver if he spent any extended time here.

Marchand is a very good hockey player, but he shouldn't play in Vancouver. Period.

The situation would be far worse than if Claude Lemieux had been traded to Detroit during the late 90's.

Some players and some cities are just not meant to be.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
If marchand gets traded to Vancouver, the entire city would fall in love with him just like the city of Montreal would have fallen in love with Lucic had he taken more $$$ from the habs.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
The best shot suppressing defenseman in the NHL.

Who is also an amazing transition defenseman, and if we didn't have such a tire fire, would have had plenty more assists. Yea he isn't Erik Karlsson, but he's Lidstrom without the offense. Still a number 2 defenseman at worst, on an amazing contract. I'd never trade a player like him for a winger like Marchand, especially one 1 year away from free agency

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
The over rating of Marchand is hysterical.

Marchand is a year from unrestricted free agency. There isn't a team in the league that would offer their best dman, locked up for multiple years, for Brad Marchand.

I'd love to hear from any teams fan base that would give up their most valuable defender on a multi year contract for him. Is there even 1 team out there?

Tanev is the Canucks best and most valuable defender. He's just entering his prime years and is locked up for multiple years. It's downright crazy to think that anyone in their right mind would even consider moving that for a 1 yrs to UFA status player.... and as good as Marchand is he's not a franchise or elite top liner either... he's a very good top 6 with a year left on his deal. That doesn't get you Tanev

Do you not realize that in order to show/prove that a player is supposedly over rated, you actually are supposed to talk about flaws in his game? Having 1 year left on a contract isn't a flaw in his game. An example: not putting up points - see Tanev - IS a legitimate flaw in one's game.

Marchand does it all: scores goals, can put up 60+ points (which in today's NHL is enough to be among the top 1-3 producers in pretty much any team. The only team with four 60+ points players in the league last year was the... Bruins...), is a great energy player, a clutch performer, tough as nails, one of the best PKers in the league and THE best SH goal scorer in the whole league.

Mind you: with a minute and change more ice time per game (still talking about only 18 1/2 minutes a game, not 21/22 minutes...), which resulted in more shots, he went from upper 20s goals to upper 30s... Achieved that while having a shooting percentage BELOW his average... And while getting less PP time (to boot, with our 2nd unit, not even the 1st!) and more PK time than folks like those who are ahead of him in goals. While I am explaining a few things to you, let another little fact sink in about how overrated Marchand is: do you know, at 5 on 5, who scored most goals in the league last year? It's a tie: Ovechkin and... Marchand, with 31 goals.
The only "flaw" about him, is that if he was 6"4 230 instead of 5"9 180, he would troll the entire league with ease.

So, what are the flaws in his game that make him overrated? What are your observations?

Lastly, if Tanev is your best defenseman, that's fine. It doesn't necessarily = premier defenseman in the league.

Last edited:

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Marchand would likely get assaulted or even killed if he spent too much time in Vancouver.

Vancouver hates him......and justifiably so, given his low-bridge to Salo, face-punching of Sedin, and taunting of the fans with the Stanley Cup gesture during a regular season game.

Brad Marchand and Kelly Sutherland should not spend any extended time in Vancouver in my opinion.

Vancouver dealt with Burrows and he is garbage himself. They'd get over it real fast when they see his actual skill.

Marchand is going to be a $7 million or so player.

Tanev will never sniff that.

6stringmofo

Mar 12, 2015
Ottawa
Not trading Tanev for that lol. Marchand would be hated in Vancouver.

Ottawa cheers for Phaneuf and we hated the guy, well maybe not as much as the blue team.

I think the Nuck's fanbase would love Marchand but this trade makes no sense to me.

Sigh

At half mast
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
www.galenwestonjr.ca
Vancouver dealt with Burrows and he is garbage himself. They'd get over it real fast when they see his actual skill.

Marchand is going to be a $7 million or so player.

Tanev will never sniff that.

Don't forget the fawning over yappy Lappy putting his fingers in Bergy's face. They all loved that, and they'd love Marchand too. Anyone saying otherwise is lying to themselves.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Tanev = Larsson now?

Tanev is an offensively inept #4 dman. Solid but very unspectacular. Selling this guy as a top billing shutdown dman is just dishonest.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Tanev = Larsson now?

Tanev is an offensively inept #4 dman. Solid but very unspectacular. Selling this guy as a top billing shutdown dman is just dishonest.

But...he is a top billing shutdown defensemen. Look at the numbers and no the offensive numbers don't make him worse at being a shutdown defensemen.

Besides, Larsson hasn't outproduced Tanev by any large margin himself too.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
So who's above him other than Vlasic? Hjalmarsson? Maybe. Who else? Nobody? Thought so.

You can argue he's the second best defensive dman all you want but he isn't an elite defenseman at the end of the day.

If the Bruins are willing to trade pieces of their core it won't be marchy and they'll look to bring in a true #1. So

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
But...he is a top billing shutdown defensemen. Look at the numbers and no the offensive numbers don't make him worse at being a shutdown defensemen.

Give us a comparison? Larsson was a 4th overall pick and is 3 years younger than Tanev. Chiarelli gambled on Larsson's potential.

I can't think of a defensive dman who has the value of a 37 goal 70 point winger.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Give us a comparison? Larsson was a 4th overall pick and is 3 years younger than Tanev. Chiarelli gambled on Larsson's potential.

I can't think of a defensive dman who has the value of a 37 goal 70 point winger.

I don't think you understand the whole pending Free Agent thing, hence why Canucks fans really scoff at this proposal. Giving our best defensemen for a player that will leave, yes, that is definitely great value.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site

Marchand is a 70 point foward now? And with you calling Tanev a #4 defenseman really shows how out to lunch you are on his value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad