Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] Torey Krug re-signs in Boston (4 years, $5.25M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Last three seasons:

OEL: 239 games, 72 ESP, 69 PPP

Krug: 238 games, 71 ESP, 52 PPP

Thanks for posting this.

Boston asked him to play a more complete game and work on his ES over the last contract. It worked and he is now a great top four defenseman and is being paid accordingly.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He's a 2nd line dman that's pretty good at that job in addition to playing on the PP.

$5.25 is a lot for a 2nd pairing defensemen though. That's #2 money.

Either way, it's not an EGREGIOUS overpayment and he is staying in Boston so good for them. I would be happy if I were a Bruins fan and not squabble over $750K.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
A little pricey, but he did go cheap last season. Also a super reliable player so it's not like he's gonna get worse or anything.

Okay with it.

He also didn't do much to really deserve a raise, in my opinion at least.

Tad higher than I expected... and well like most of the Bruins contracts with the exception of Bergeron, a tad higher than it should be.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Considering what he means to Bostons defence going forward it's an okay deal. Guy will be on their top pair for awhile, leaned on heavily if Chara ever decides to retire.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
So more that Reilly, more that Klingberg, almost as much as Seth Jones.

Seems a little high to me.

Burt Reynolds

Feb 21, 2010
Mansfield, MA
it was ridiculous how snake bit he was last season. it eventually became comical.

I would say it was less being snake bitten than it was his shoulder injury. He had to have surgery in April, right after the season ended. I'd be willing to literally guarantee he hits double digits in goals next season.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Should have been longer and cheaper. But it's not horrible. Hopefully it won't be, either.

Stu

Nov 20, 2008
Raleigh, NC
$5.25 is a lot for a 2nd pairing defensemen though. That's #2 money.

Either way, it's not an EGREGIOUS overpayment and he is staying in Boston so good for them. I would be happy if I were a Bruins fan and not squabble over $750K.

If your 2nd pairing guys are warriors, leaders, can put up points and good defensively then everything else is secondary. The undervaluing of players like this is criminal.

Nice deal. Grats Bruins fans.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He would have got more on the open market

Yup. Plus, the deal is eating into some of his UFA years. He'll be 29 by the time this deal is up. This is a fair deal for one of the better offensive defensemen in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad