Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] G Jeremy Swayman signs extension with the Bruins (8 years, $8.25M AAV)

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Lollllll 8 years for a goalie. congrats bruins, you finally landed your first bad contract. You guys got away with not having one of those for too long.

Wait and see. The guys been great and there’s a reason they chose him over Ullmark.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Wait and see. The guys been great and there’s a reason they chose him over Ullmark.
Goalies and 8 years…. And then to boot it’s some rando like Swayman who has a very limited experience. Goalies were less bad juju back then and they’re more now since the quality of goalies has slipped. The guard from 2011 era is all gone now and there’s no goalies close to those levels anymore.. and STILL those contracts for those guys were considered to be very risky.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Once Neely said $64m, he forced himself to have to go higher. Good on Swayman for holding his ground and getting what he thought he was worth. Good to see him signed, obv don’t like the B’s but it’s good for competitiveness in the division .
An extra $2million over 8 years is so little to get hung up on.
Glad he’s signed
Hope he’s been training while waiting around for a contract.

B’s will now be a very hard team to score on the next few years.

Will have a hard time putting the puck in the other teams net tho

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Goalies and 8 years…. And then to boot it’s some rando like Swayman who has a very limited experience. Goalies were less bad juju back then and they’re more now since the quality of goalies has slipped. The guard from 2011 era is all gone now and there’s no goalies close to those levels anymore.. and STILL those contracts for those guys were considered to be very risky.

Don’t take this as an aggressive rebuttal. You might be right. But also, there was
recently a thread avowing Bob at 10 million being worth it because Florida won it all. In light of that, “wait and see” doesn’t seem outrageous either.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Their initial offer was under 5.000 (likely shorter term). They tried to get him for less than he was worth, and they didn't. It's not a hard concept to grasp.
We’re going off initial offers :laugh:

There hasn’t been a team who’s initial offer wasn’t laughably low.

Market value for one of the best young goalies in the NHL isn’t “F’ing around”

The takes in here are truly something else

Reactions: Aeroforce

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Don’t take this as an aggressive rebuttal. You might be right. But also, there was
recently a thread avowing Bob at 10 million being worth it because Florida won it all. In light of that, “wait and see” doesn’t seem outrageous either.
Don’t worry, I am not one of those people who think Bob was worth it. When you have goalies like Adin Hill, and Murray winning cups. None of it matters. Any goalie can do it under the right circumstances. That’s what history has shown. Goalies aren’t worth this type of investment considering how quickly they fluctuate and since history has shown you that you can win with any decent goalie as long the skaters are good enough.

rangers had good teams and they had a goalie like Lundqvist and they never won a thing.

Decent goalie and a really solid team is all you need. I would never waste this kind of money on a goalie when I can lock in a deal solid dman or forward for that price instead.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Or Swayman was bullied into taking millions less?

He was just said to be at high 8/9M x8 mark (started from 9.5) and signed a 8.25M deal

& players or their agents can cry to the media and when the team answers back it’s the teams fault?

At the end of the day they got a deal done closer to Bruins number than Swaymans number
All that means is swaymans ask s was too high
Because this looks fair to both sides

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
An extra $2million over 8 years is so little to get hung up on.
Glad he’s signed
Hope he’s been training while waiting around for a contract.

B’s will now be a very hard team to score on the next few years.

Will have a hard time putting the puck in the other teams net tho
Bro you probably making 70k a year saying this lol.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Wait, this is a scary risky deal?

I thought media guys were saying "Swayman wants to reset the goalie market, looking for Carey Price+ type deal"

This seems like a nice deal in comparison to what was originally being bandied about.

I'd say "congrats Bruins fans" but I hate the Bruins and their fans (because they absolutely own my team)

Seriously, if the Leafs were in this situation with Swayman, he'd be getting that Carey Price+ contract.

Not much to cheer about the past... 56 years, I take it?

Love this type of comment.

Because..............you think we don't know?

No, not much to cheer for. We laugh at ourselves at this point.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Don’t worry, I am not one of those people who think Bob was worth it. When you have goalies like Adin Hill, and Murray winning cups. None of it matters. Any goalie can do it under the right circumstances. That’s what history has shown. Goalies aren’t worth this type of investment considering how quickly they fluctuate and since history has shown you that you can win with any decent goalie as long the skaters are good enough.

rangers had good teams and they had a goalie like Lundqvist and they never won a thing.

Decent goalie and a really solid team is all you need. I would never waste this kind of money on a goalie when I can lock in a deal solid dman or forward for that price instead.
Who were the the decent forwards or D that are readily available for Boston to use that cap with?

Never mind that in 2-3 years that will be the same as having a ~$6M goalie

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I'm not sure how Neely or Bruins higher management gets killed for this. It's a pretty reasonable deal for a top young player, much like Guenther, Raymond, Seider etc. Now if said top young player has bad seasons, the management gets flak.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Just when I was about to enjoy this shitshow unfolding, they solve it. :snide:
Good for Swayman & the Bruins, dude will have a Tukka - like career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad