Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] F Elias Lindholm signs with the Bruins (7 years, $7.75M AAV)

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
It was in September of 2023. That is what...10 months ago? Even if it was July, that was a year, not a few years ago.

The poster I was responding to is the biggest troll dodger on his own home boards along with a couple others. He likes to f*** around with the facts before whatever reason. When he gets called out he scatters like a rodent.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
So just arguing for the sake of arguing? Like it doesn't change his argument at all.

You realize how shitty you make this forum? Then you accuse others of being trolls.

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
If Swayman were to go down in the playoffs I’d rather roll the dice on Korpisalo than Ullmark. Ullmark is terrible in the playoffs. Korpisalo has significantly better numbers there. A .922%, same as Swayman.
If swayman goes down during the regular season, the bruins aren't making the playoffs with korpisalo.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I bet you it ages the best.
Also he will win a Selke as well.
He may. I think on the surface some people look at this one as an awful contract due to Lindholm's stats over the past two years, however we all know that he has very good defensive play, and we know that he can produce at a high level with quality linemates, when put in a scoring role. I can see why some think he might not live up to this contract, but I also expect he will be okay, at least for the first few years.

If Swayman were to go down in the playoffs I’d rather roll the dice on Korpisalo than Ullmark. Ullmark is terrible in the playoffs. Korpisalo has significantly better numbers there. A .922%, same as Swayman.
Korpisalo hasn't been good at all for the last couple of years though. He has to re-find something in his game. He's been exposed as being rather weak with high shots as well.

Reactions: Colezuki

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
He may. I think on the surface some people look at this one as an awful contract due to Lindholm's stats over the past two years, however we all know that he has very good defensive play, and we know that he can produce at a high level with quality linemates, when put in a scoring role. I can see why some think he might not live up to this contract, but I also expect he will be okay, at least for the first few years.

Korpisalo hasn't been good at all for the last couple of years though. He has to re-find something in his game. He's been exposed as being rather weak with high shots as well.
My take is why I see it that way, and that at this time in 2 years he’ll be 31 and Father Time is undefeated

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Of all the big money contracts given out I think this is the one that ages the poorest
Guess you missed the Montour/Stephenson/Tanev signings eh. Tanev 'till 40...that'll age well!

Not sure Tanev was a big signing. But Montour/Stephenson signed pretty similar deals as Lindholm give or take a couple bucks.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Of all the big money contracts given out I think this is the one that ages the poorest
Ya this doesn't even make sense. They got him at a discount due to a bad year. This is likely going to be one of the better contracts signed in 3-4 years.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
The contract only brings him to his age 36 year, I don't think it's that bad.

I think it will be pretty tough for him not to produce when you are likely to play with David Pastrnak

Bumper on the #1 PP unit, 1st unit PK, awesome FO%

Bruins fans respect a quality center that does all the little things. I think Lindholm will be a great fit in Boston

Regarding it aging bad, it definitely could but I've always noticed NHL players that don't rely solely on their speed and moreso hockey IQ (like a Lindholm type) often age better and can find other ways to contribute as they get older.

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
As long as he floats around 60 points I think his other traits earn the contract. Bruins got absolutely wrecked in FO during the playoffs, it even cost them some games against TML it was so bad. having a #1 guy for FOs and his defensive play will more than make up for him having a pt total likely less than 70.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
As long as he floats around 60 points I think his other traits earn the contract. Bruins got absolutely wrecked in FO during the playoffs, it even cost them some games against TML it was so bad. having a #1 guy for FOs and his defensive play will more than make up for him having a pt total likely less than 70.

Bruins had the third worst FO percentage out of all teams in the playoffs. Lindholm will definitely help there.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
My take is why I see it that way, and that at this time in 2 years he’ll be 31 and Father Time is undefeated
Father Time is undefeated, but he also doesn't always show up early. We also should factor in the increasing salary cap, the percentage of his cap hit will be shrinking drastically in a short number of years. It won't be very long until average 2C's are making 7.5M.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
This is prob the most interesting signing of the off season. It could really go either way. Will be fun to bump this thread few months into the season. I really can't predict how he is going to fit in Boston or perform.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
I think Boston did well in both their signings. Definitely be interesting to see how the great Boston Vancouver free agent swap unfolds over the next few years,

Reactions: wintersej

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

It really depends on where the cap ends up. 7.8M seems like a lot now but if we continue to see sizable jumps over the next 5-7 years, then it won't look bad even if Lindholm winds down. At the very least, I don't think it's something the Bruins have to worry about until year 4-5.

Lindholm is exactly what they were looking for to fill the gap left by Bergeron and extend their window. If it lasts for four years, I think they're pretty satisfied.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI

Same draft class as Barkov and Mackinnon. Obviously a different class of player, but it's an funny narrative to push that a 29 year old is in a race against father time. Players can drop off performance wise at any moment though.

Maybe the recent success of former Bruins like Bergeron and Krejci has skewed my opinion, but I think there's a certain type of player that ages well. Even Charlie Coyle last year putting up a career year with 60 points in his 32 year old season. Elite skill players and two-way C's.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Same draft class as Barkov and Mackinnon. Obviously a different class of player, but it's an funny narrative to push that a 29 year old is in a race against father time. Players can drop off performance wise at any moment though.

Maybe the recent success of former Bruins like Bergeron and Krejci has skewed my opinion, but I think there's a certain type of player that ages well. Even Charlie Coyle last year putting up a career year with 60 points in his 32 year old season. Elite skill players and two-way C's.
While I don't disagree, Lindholm hasn't exactly been the same world beater he was with tkachuk and Gaudreau, he hasn't been a PPG since 2021-2022, has been closer to 0.75ppg since.

maybe my perspective is skewed, but I think the bruins are getting a 2C who will fade to a 3c at the tail end of his deal. Whereas he's being positioned as a 1c in the media and paid like a 1b who will fade to 2. That's why I think that he's a candidate to be viewed as a bad deal.

I will fully admit that it's the bruins though and they just seem to truck along

Reactions: LudwigVonKarlsson

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
If he gets injured the first game of the season and misses the whole year, sure. But if I were a betting man I would not discount the possibility of Korpisalo rebounding big time in Boston.
It doesn't need to be a long-term injury like that, just long enough where Korpse is the starter for a few weeks. He did well in his very short stint with LA, but he is what he is, an average goalie with a medicore glove.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad