Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] David Backes (5 years, $6.000M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Sportsnet posted a one year deal based on tsn... watching tsn the rest of the day.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
So shortsighted some of you:

Mackenzie had it right folks. One year deal. Future captain of the Las Vegas team. Exposed in expansion draft after one year in Boston.

Backes got a NMC for the first three years.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Backes just said on TSN that Boston is planning to play Krejci, Bergeron and Backes. So he's a 3C making 6M. Lolllllllllll.

Pretty irrelevant, BOS plays all 3 lines pretty similarly.

He'll play PP and PK too.

Too much term but id rather give him the extra year than not get him.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
This takes defensive burdens off Bergeron's back and creates matchup issues for other teams. I like it from Boston's POV.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
So Blues lose their heart and soul by giving up Backes, Elliot, and Brouwer. Then we re-acquire David ****ing Perron.

Seriously Doug Armstrong, screw you. I will NOT be spending money on this team next season.

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
I lov the new era of hfboard members. Very very dumb. Players over 28 are now to old and out of their prime. 5 years from now any player over 25 will be out of their prime.

Love this from boston. Leadership,tough, puts up points, makes krejci expendable

varano

Jun 27, 2013
So Blues lose their heart and soul by giving up Backes, Elliot, and Brouwer. Then we re-acquire David ****ing Perron.

Seriously Doug Armstrong, screw you. I will NOT be spending money on this team next season.

I bet you buy opening night front rows

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Probably. Same **** different year. Blues fans can always expect endless disappointment from this pathetic franchise, yet inevitably we always cave in..... :help:

Don't worry. At least you compete. Toronto fans have been putting up with failure and still put up with the most expensive tickets in the league

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
When I heard it was a one year deal I was pissed the ducks weren't all over it. Now I understand

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Bruins top 9 usually have pretty equal toi's at least that's the goal.
Not to mention I don't buy it necessarily. We have Spooner as 3C. Maybe the plan is to move him for a young D ala Dumba, but right now as things stand I think Backes would be a better fit on Krejci or Bergy's wing.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I lov the new era of hfboard members. Very very dumb. Players over 28 are now to old and out of their prime. 5 years from now any player over 25 will be out of their prime.

Love this from boston. Leadership,tough, puts up points, makes krejci expendable

It's been shown that you're near the end of your prime at 28, do you have much proof to show otherwise? But yes, you're so much smarter than everyone else...says the guy who'd rather have Backes over Krejci

Mar 12, 2009

32 is quite a bit over 28. That's generally always been about the end, or near the end, of most player's prime. Yes, everyone else is dumb, you aren't biased at all and trying to rationalize this as a good signing for your team.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
$30M over 5-years?

Can't blame Backes one bit for taking that. Can't blame the Blues one bit for not offering that. That's an awful big contract for a 40-point center on the wrong side of 30. Yikes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad