Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] Bruins sign Charlie McAvoy to extension (8 years, $9.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
This will obviously obliterate the 'Bergeron cap" in dollars. But if it's less than 10 and gets him for 8 years it's going to be a good deal and will allow them to stay competitive as long as they can do something about their center depth/high end once Bergeron retires or regresses.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
This is why I personally like bridge contracts

Turns 25 on year 1 of the deal
Paying 8 years and all of them are prime to age 33

Agreed. You get to lock up players through their whole prime. Of course you run the risk of players taking the QO and walking, but you need to build a team that players want to stick around with

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Agreed. You get to lock up players through their whole prime. Of course you run the risk of players taking the QO and walking, but you need to build a team that players want to stick around with

I think there is a risk in what you mentioned,
but I just haven't seen enough examples and it is still extremely rare
this off-season 3 all-stars signed while still on there Bridge for this season
Point
Werenski
and now McAvoy

Oblivion Beckons

Jan 20, 2021
$8-8.5 million AAV if 8 years. Definitely deserves at least a contract similar to Heiskanen. I have an expectation he takes a little less since it is the Bruins.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I think there is a risk in what you mentioned,
but I just haven't seen enough examples and it is still extremely rare
this off-season 3 all-stars signed while still on there Bridge for this season
Point
Werenski
and now McAvoy

Mark Stone is one. Reinhart would have if not traded from Buffalo. Both guys had good reasons to want a fresh start though. Most guys seem to be happy enough to sign long term with the team that drafted them

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
This will obviously obliterate the 'Bergeron cap" in dollars. But if it's less than 10 and gets him for 8 years it's going to be a good deal and will allow them to stay competitive as long as they can do something about their center depth/high end once Bergeron retires or regresses.
10m??????

wtf.He should be worth like 7.5M (not basing on comps)

Reactions: BrookswasHere44

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
This is why I personally like bridge contracts

Turns 25 on year 1 of the deal
Paying 8 years and all of them are prime to age 33
It's really hit, or miss, but I do agree though that handing over a brinks truck full of $$$ (Leafs anyone) is more risky than to wait it out for a few extra seasons to see what you have in a player before you commit big $$$ for long term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad