OT: Bombers 2021 Season - Elk Meat = Delicious. 6-1. Hunting Big Game next v Lions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
agree. i went to the game in 2019, and its our labour day. we really made it ours.

The vibe at the Banjo Bowl is unlike any other sporting event in Winnipeg. The intense but friendly atmosphere makes it awesome, and it helps that the weather usually cooperates.

The home opener this year vs. Hamilton had kind of a euphoric feeling too, kind of felt like a bonus Banjo Bowl.

All I can say is that it is a great time to be a Bomber fan. :thumbu:

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Meh, it was a tit for tat retort as I was a bit drunk after reading what they were writing about us on their forum, and needed to vent in my own way in a safe haven. I probably wouldn't have written that sober, but it was all in jest and didn't think anyone here would have taken it seriously as typical snowflakes do. Sorry if I offended.

My fiancee's family originally emigrated to Suckatchewan a couple generations ago when they came to Canada (but now Wpgers and Bomber fans) and one my best friends has Sask roots where the whole family still cheers for Riders despite being in Wpg a few generations. And I've said worse than that stone cold sober to their faces haha. I'd shake it off AussieBomberJet, it's all in good fun.

This year it most certainly wasn't Bomber fans with issues.
Regina police receive report of woman being threatened, having underwear stolen at Labour Day Classic | 3DownNation

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
My fiancee's family originally emigrated to Suckatchewan a couple generations ago when they came to Canada (but now Wpgers and Bomber fans) and one my best friends has Sask roots where the whole family still cheers for Riders despite being in Wpg a few generations. And I've said worse than that stone cold sober to their faces haha. I'd shake it off AussieBomberJet, it's all in good fun.

This year it most certainly wasn't Bomber fans with issues.
Regina police receive report of woman being threatened, having underwear stolen at Labour Day Classic | 3DownNation

And my uncle through marriage grew up in Prince Albert and is a hardcore Bomber fan.

Rider fans keep blaming the refs for losing. Ugh it's not. It's them not being able to score a TD the last 3 games against us.

Reactions: Jets 31 and SUX2BU

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
And my uncle through marriage grew up in Prince Albert and is a hardcore Bomber fan.

Rider fans keep blaming the refs for losing. Ugh it's not. It's them not being able to score a TD the last 3 games against us.

Because the goalposts keep getting in the way ......... :sarcasm:

helmethead-jpg.463822

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

Imagine losing by 24 points and still blaming the refs lmao

Reactions: Fairview

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Hopefully Edmonton’s backup doesn’t throw for over 300 yards against us.

Just an odd take.

Bombers D Passing Stats
Stat - # - League Rank

Pass Yard Allowed - 250.0 - 3rd
Pass Td Allowed - 2 - 1st
Completion % Against - 64.3 - 4th
INT - 7 - 2nd
Sack - 13 - T-2nd
All that despite this stat which is influenced by the fact that Bombers are quite often winning
Pass Attempts Against - 36.8 - 8th

If anything the bigger threat is Wilder. The two games where the Bombers did really did truly struggle was the 2nd Toronto game and the first half of the Banjo Bowl. In both those games the opponent really got their run game going, even with very mediocre running backs. He is the key to shutting down the Elks offense.

If that's a reference to Maier, I think your the only one still hung up about the passing yards. Maier has looked more and more like a guy who can add up a couple yards but can't push the ball or put up points. I doubt anyone else is worried about that guy.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Just an odd take.

Bombers D Passing Stats
Stat - # - League Rank

Pass Yard Allowed - 250.0 - 3rd
Pass Td Allowed - 2 - 1st
Completion % Against - 64.3 - 4th
INT - 7 - 2nd
Sack - 13 - T-2nd
All that despite this stat which is influenced by the fact that Bombers are quite often winning
Pass Attempts Against - 36.8 - 8th

If anything the bigger threat is Wilder. The two games where the Bombers did really did truly struggle was the 2nd Toronto game and the first half of the Banjo Bowl. In both those games the opponent really got their run game going, even with very mediocre running backs. He is the key to shutting down the Elks offense.

If that's a reference to Maier, I think your the only one still hung up about the passing yards. Maier has looked more and more like a guy who can add up a couple yards but can't push the ball or put up points. I doubt anyone else is worried about that guy.

Yes, Wilder should obviously be the bigger concern. He’s a game-changing talent, not a backup QB.

It was extremely frustrating to see the Bombers D give 10 yard cushions on the receivers against Maier, and really, we only won that game because of luck. But I’ll give the defence a pass because they’ve been lights out all year and I don’t expect it to happen again, not especially against a guy who hasn’t never thrown a pass in the CFL yet.

Not so much an odd take so much more as a tongue-in-cheek remark. The Bombers shouldn’t take this dude lightly because he’s a backup because we’ve already had a backup pass for over 300 yards against us.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Not so much an odd take so much more as a tongue-in-cheek remark. The Bombers shouldn’t take this dude lightly because he’s a backup because we’ve already had a backup pass for over 300 yards against us.

I think the odds are definitely in the Bombers' favour, but there is something to your comment... every once in a while some unknown backup gets put into service and lights up the other team in his first game. After a game or two there is enough film and awareness to figure him out, but there is a certain advantage to being unknown. Just ask Jake Maier.

But that said, yeah, I would expect the Bombers to go 3 for 3 against a Harris-less Elks team.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I think the odds are definitely in the Bombers' favour, but there is something to your comment... every once in a while some unknown backup gets put into service and lights up the other team in his first game. After a game or two there is enough film and awareness to figure him out, but there is a certain advantage to being unknown. Just ask Jake Maier.

But that said, yeah, I would expect the Bombers to go 3 for 3 against a Harris-less Elks team.
I too am expecting a dominant performance from the Bombers. Jefferson and Jeffcoat are probably licking their chops.

But there’s a reason they play the games. All signs point to the Bombers winning, let’s hope that’s what happens.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

Assuming we don't become a Collaros-less Bombers team.

Reactions: roccerfeller

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Ha. Yeah, the season pretty much hinges on his continued health. Could you imagine some crazy scenario where Collaros gets a season ending injury only to have Nichols come back?
Collaros is the only starting QB in the West not to get hurt yet. Wouldn’t have bet on that at the start of the season

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Ha. Yeah, the season pretty much hinges on his continued health. Could you imagine some crazy scenario where Collaros gets a season ending injury only to have Nichols come back?

Does it though? We dont know what we have in Mcguire, that could be good or bad. The Bombers also play least QB dependant offense in the league.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Yes, Wilder should obviously be the bigger concern. He’s a game-changing talent, not a backup QB.

It was extremely frustrating to see the Bombers D give 10 yard cushions on the receivers against Maier, and really, we only won that game because of luck. But I’ll give the defence a pass because they’ve been lights out all year and I don’t expect it to happen again, not especially against a guy who hasn’t never thrown a pass in the CFL yet.

Cool. And he lost scoring just 16 points. Your very hung up on the yardage, when really he wasn't threatening the D at all. The offense was the problem in the Calgary game, not the D.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Cool. And he lost scoring just 16 points. Your very hung up on the yardage, when really he wasn't threatening the D at all. The offense was the problem in the Calgary game, not the D.
Hey, I’m glad they got the win but I was not happy overall with how they played. They let a rookie QB pretty much march the ball up and down the field at will, and they let him get into FG range when he only had like a minute to do so. We were lucky that Paredes missed.

I do agree that the receivers dropping easy catches also contributed to the game being so close, but pass coverage was atrocious that game. Butter soft zone coverage playing ten yards off the receiver it seemed.

They were able to clamp down and keep him out of the end zone, so that was good. But they definitely could’ve played better. And they did against Saskatchewan.

If we play Edmonton the way we played Sask, the game won’t even be close. Edmonton has a very weak offensive line; our D-line should feast and combine that with an inexperienced QB and it has the potential to get ugly.

Fairview

Jan 30, 2016
Hey, I’m glad they got the win but I was not happy overall with how they played. They let a rookie QB pretty much march the ball up and down the field at will, and they let him get into FG range when he only had like a minute to do so. We were lucky that Paredes missed.

I do agree that the receivers dropping easy catches also contributed to the game being so close, but pass coverage was atrocious that game. Butter soft zone coverage playing ten yards off the receiver it seemed.

They were able to clamp down and keep him out of the end zone, so that was good. But they definitely could’ve played better. And they did against Saskatchewan.

If we play Edmonton the way we played Sask, the game won’t even be close. Edmonton has a very weak offensive line; our D-line should feast and combine that with an inexperienced QB and it has the potential to get ugly.
But if they play Edmonton the way they played Toronto ( both games) and Calgary the game will be much closer than it should be.
They played Hamilton tough and Sask as well, BECAUSE those teams were presumed to be at the Bombers level or better.
Nobody expected Toronto or Calgary to put up a fight with the Bombers and those 3 games were uncomfortable for us to say the least.
This Edmonton game should be a gimme, but the Bombers have a habit of letting lesser opponents stick around, so I guess we will see if the Bombers can break the trend of playing down to their opponents level.

Reactions: snowkiddin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad