Post-Game Talk: Boiled in Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
I can’t help but think some new blood would inject some life into the line up. Like edstrom over shitlick. Also f*** off Lindgren, this dude is a major problem if he’s on your number one pair. He hasn’t complimented fox for a long time now. Offensively or defensively.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Frustrating loss because of how well they played the first two periods from a team defense standpoint. Then in the third with sloppy hockey they fed into edmontons speciality which is rush offense. Not worried about the loss so much as the way they lost. Doesn’t help this team has a line that is basically useless because of Chytil being injured

Last edited:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
What a shocker, the goal that was blown down INCORRECTLY based on the rulebook in the 2nd period, ends up being the goal that cost us the game. f***ing disgrace.

How was it incorrect based on the rulebook?, asking seriously.

Anecdotally, my experience is if the goalie can immediately shake the helmet off without using his hands to pry it off, the refs are gonna blow it dead. Goalies get in trouble when, even if the strap did come loose, they can't immediately shake it off and have to pry it off some time after the original shot while their team is still stuck in the zone. (happened to Ottinger against us last year).

And the shot from Panarin on the other side of the ice came after the whistle and well after intent to blow the whistle so it really wasn't a continuation.

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
Then in the third with sloppy hockey they fed into edmontons speciality which is rush offense.
I’m putting an asterisk on “rush offense” for a team that only had to go a max of 60 feet from “steal puck” to “score goal”
Doesn’t help this team has a line that is basically useless because of Chytil being injuredl
To paraphrase KirkAlb, anyone banking on Chytil’s return could end up being very disappointed.

Stone97Ace

Oct 30, 2023
I wouldn't bet on it.
Well that sucks bc that's exactly what I did.

I can’t help but think some new blood would inject some life into the line up. Like edstrom over shitlick. Also f*** off Lindgren, this dude is a major problem if he’s on your number one pair. He hasn’t complimented fox for a long time now. Offensively or defensively.
Pitlick is not a regular player on a championship team. He could be on the taxi squad but he's a guy that we have that won't screw anything up and makes minimum wage. He'll be on his 93rd team next year if not later this year.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I would guarantee multiple teams run by idiot old school hockey men would be licking their chops to trade for him

No doubt they could get something good back

If the Rangers had defensive depth to make a move like this, it should be considered but at the same time, they don’’t have great young defensive depth at pro hockey. I don’t want Harpur or Mackey to get his minutes. It’ not like Scanlin or Robertson played any NHL games to see if they can place Lindgren down the road.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Still pretty pissed about Skinner tossing his mask off and that goal being disallowed. He should've been forced to leave the game and go see the concussion spotter if he was injured. His mask didn't fall off from a bump, he tossed it off

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
The game changed after that soft Lindgren penalty. We took another penalty after, then on defense everyone decided to dive and slide around, even 5v5 leading to lots of sloppy play.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Let's talk about the French Canadian elephant in the room, Laff. And don't anyone dare cite his assist to defend him. This team needs him to play like he was earlier ..was a ghost tonight and frankly Bread doesn't deserve that. I break up that line and try something different.
Now that Laf is back to his beard and Panarin has hair, that line has been inconsistent

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Still pretty pissed about Skinner tossing his mask off and that goal being disallowed. He should've been forced to leave the game and go see the concussion spotter if he was injured. His mask didn't fall off from a bump, he tossed it off
Remember they made Igor leave mid game last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad