Value of: Boeser Vs Forsberg- Which sniper do you prefer to Trade For

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Boeser needs a QO - $7.5M purposely backloaded his contract. Forsberg is the better player, but expecting $8M+ per.

I rather have Forsberg.

Boeser is not a 7.5 mil player, even if he plays at that salary next year, which he wont, his long term contract after that will be be below 7mil.

4 years from now...

Boeser at 6.75 ish mil at 29 yr old
Forsberg at 8.5ish mil 32 yrs old.

Both probably with 2-3 years left remaining on the contract.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Need not go any further.

You take Forsberg 10/10 times.

I guess if youre in a gambling mood and want to give up close to similar assets with a chance of Forsberg being a pure rental and walking away.

Boeser .80 career ppg
Forsberg .81 career ppg

gamble gamble

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
For someone like Forsberg who is about to make 8.5 ish mil per year long term, then I'd think he should be able to carry his own line and not be so dependent on needing to play with an Elite Centre.

Boeser imo cant drive his own line which is why he will be paid accordingly at around 6.5 mil.
So are you saying boeser isn’t getting his qualifying offer of 7.5M?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I guess if youre in a gambling mood and what to give up close to similar assets with a chance of Forsberg being a pure rental and walking away.

Boeser .80 career ppg
Forsberg .81 career ppg

gamble gamble

The contractual difference is a legitimate point but a simple comparison of "career PPG" is an extremely flawed and elementary way to view their importance and overall play.

They are different levels of player.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Rightly or wrongly, I consider Forsberg one of the elite wingers in the game. His production for, at least historically, a team that often seems to struggle to score is quite impressive to me.

I would also raise the point that I'm highly skeptical he ever hits the open market, despite recent rumors to the contrary. So despite us vultures circling, our choice might be made for us ;)

Reactions: BKarchitect

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I'm saying he will sign a long term contract, so yes thats what im saying
Seems counter productive to me to sign for less then his qualifying offer when he could simply take the qualifying offer and then be one of the better UFAs on market when his contract is done and make Atleast what you’ve suggested from some team on a long term contract

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
You should prefer to trade for Boeser because he'd be cheaper to acquire AND easier to retain AND cheaper to retain.

The Preds have no trouble handing Forsberg an 8-year contract above $8M, and he's really happy in Nashville, so if you think you're going to get him AND retain him, well, you'd have to pay such an astronomical price on both the trade and contract that you WILL NOT be willing to do it. It will just become indefensibly costly for any team to seriously go after him.

Far more sensible to go after Boeser, at least you might have a chance.
:dunno:

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Seems counter productive to me to sign for less then his qualifying offer when he could simply take the qualifying offer and then be one of the better UFAs on market when his contract is done and make Atleast what you’ve suggested from some team on a long term contract

Sure, if you wanna risk long term injuries like blown knee, bad back, or what if he has another down year, then his contract value goes lower. He has also said he wants to stay in Vancouver and how much loves the franchise and living in the city. He risks Vancouver moving him by not signing a long term contract.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
If you have a legitimate shot at the cup this year and can fit him in you have to pick Forsberg.

Just scoring wise Boeser is scoring .64 Points per game right now and Forsberg is scoring .67 GOALS per game, only Draisaitl and Matthews have a better Gpg, and he's 1.13 PPG.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Boeser is slow and one dimensional

don’t care if people choose forsberg but what you said is extremely inaccurate. He’s not fast but his straight away speed is still faster than any sedin in their prime. His 2 way game was never an issue. Just a year he was our best offensive player and this is technically his first struggling season along with petey and bo.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
don’t care if people choose forsberg but what you said is extremely inaccurate. He’s not fast but his straight away speed is still faster than any sedin in their prime. His 2 way game was never an issue. Just a year he was our best offensive player and this is technically his first struggling season along with petey and bo.

Both Sedin's were much better skater's than Boeser. It is a common error by novice fans to conflate a player's choice to slow the play down as the Sedin's did with an inability to skate fast. Boeser is undeniably a below average skater and is purely a "hands" player.

Ronk

Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
Am I a winger away from being a cup contender? Forsberg. He plays on another level than Boeser. This should not even be a conversation.

Am I not? Boeser. More term, so maybe he will be there when you are.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
It all depends upon the situation here.

If signed for just this one season then Forsberg for sure.

Now with Forsberg being a UFA and Boeser a RFA at seasons end then Boeser for sure.

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
One guy is an elite first line player the other is a 2nd line winger. The 2 year age gap doesn't move the needle considering Forsberg is only 27 and Boeser has more injury concerns. You also take the guy who is a much better skater.

Boeser is going to want $7m+ on his next contract, Forsberg deserves ~$8m. I'll take Forsberg.

Their career ppg and goals/pg are nearly identical. What makes one an elite first liner while the other guy a second liner?

I think Forsberg is the better player but calling Boeser a 2nd line player is inaccurate. If you look at his production since he joined the league, he is actually a very productive player at his position..

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Their career ppg and goals/pg are nearly identical. What makes one an elite first liner while the other guy a second liner?

I think Forsberg is the better player but calling Boeser a 2nd line player is inaccurate. If you look at his production since he joined the league, he is actually a very productive player at his position..

Forsberg is a game breaking player who can produce offense on his own. That is why he is an elite first line winger. You can win a Cup with Forsberg as one of your 2 best wingers. You can not win a Cup with Boeser as your first line winger. He's a second line player.

Not much else to say, I don't really care about career PPG, I've watched both play and I think that's pretty obvious to most.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Forsberg is the more complete player, you have to give him the edge here

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Forsberg for sure.

He's the better player, but he is also more expensive to acquire and his future cap hit will be higher. My team wouldn't have an issue with the latter, but that might sway someone if it's "who would you rather acquire" versus "who is better".

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Boeser is not a 7.5 mil player, even if he plays at that salary next year, which he wont, his long term contract after that will be be below 7mil.

4 years from now...

Boeser at 6.75 ish mil at 29 yr old
Forsberg at 8.5ish mil 32 yrs old.

Both probably with 2-3 years left remaining on the contract.
If Boeser signs a 1 year deal, the cap will go up by another couple of million over this offseason and next, and he'll definitely get $7.5m as a UFA.
Even if they don't qualify him, there will be people lining up around the block at $7.5m on a long term deal. Isn't Boeser one of the top 20RW in the league over the past few seasons? That's first line material. The seal has been broken on the big contracts and $7.5m isn't as large of a percentage of the cap as it used to be. On many teams $7.5m is the third or fourth highest salary and Boeser would be one of the biggest names available in either offseason at his position. If Matt Tkachuk is going to get $9m and Gaudreau is getting $10m, Boeser at $7.5m is a good deal.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad