Proposal: Boeser to NY Rangers (proposal)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Our core was pretty broken until the coaching change. If things didn't turn around after the front office overhaul, there would have been some big roster changes next. I agree with you though, it's very unlikely that the Canucks deal a core piece now that they have found their game. 8 wins in 9 games is a small sample, but its the overall changes in style of play and systems that leads me to believe that even when we cool down a bit we will be a vastly improved team.
It would have been very very shortsighted if we had traded one of them while still having Green. No the core was not broken under Green, but the coaching was and that led to everyone playing like crap under Green, even players like Horvat, Dickenson, Pearson, Myers, Poolman etc. It was more like the system of play was broken.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Take out Rathbone and Vancouver still likely passes. Don't see how this does anything for them at all.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
It would have been very very shortsighted if we had traded one of them while still having Green. No the core was not broken under Green, but the coaching was and that led to everyone playing like crap under Green, even players like Horvat, Dickenson, Pearson, Myers, Poolman etc. It was more like the system of play was broken.

Like I said, if it hadn't started to turn around after the Front office changes, coaching included, it would have been likely that a key guy would have been dealt. Can't see that happening now.

Boeser hasn't shot the puck like this in two years. Now way he gets dealt now.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Ok, let's recognize that fact that everyone wants something for nothing, and that every bodies players are better than everyone else's.

Now, for the proposal.

Boeser and Rathbone

for

Schneider and Kravtsov

So, onto cap issues involved in the trade. Let's just simply say, that Cap and players can be moved to make it work. We all know it and it has been proven time and time again.

My guess is a dial tone on the other end. Kravstov has no real value in the market. Schneider is a nice piece, but isn't good enough for Boeser let alone adding Rathbone.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Unless Schneider is way better than I'm aware of, this seems like gross underpayment for Boeser.

And not really sure why NYR would need or want to add another Top 6 winger.

Reactions: Paddys Pub

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
It always seems that it is the 2 teams fans fighting it out, and never the other 30 teams fans chiming in.............

I would love to hear the opinions of Boston's fans, Islanders, Vegas, Tampa, Montreal, etc. fans, so we get a more impartial opinion

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
As I said in the original post

If teams want a player, they will move cap to make it happen
I don’t know. That seems to be harder than ever. To move cap. Was definitely easier a few years ago. Vancouver did it successfully (if that’s how you label it) for OEL and Garland. And that GM has already lost his job and the team he built for this season is terrible. Not exactly an endorsement for taking on the type of trade, cap hit and risk Benning did to make that deal.

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
It always seems that it is the 2 teams fans fighting it out, and never the other 30 teams fans chiming in.............

I would love to hear the opinions of Boston's fans, Islanders, Vegas, Tampa, Montreal, etc. fans, so we get a more impartial opinion
I’d do that deal as the NYR. Boeser is a big time scorer and would look nasty on their PP with Fox and others.

what I don’t know, because I’m not a fan of the NYR is their cap situation. But I can surmise this type of trade would probably create big cap issues that make it infeasible. Or would require NYR to shed salary elsewhere.

Like that Buchnevch trade to St Louis the Rangers so clearly lost. So it’s potentially impractical for NYRs to win this trade for Boeser if it demands NYR lose another trade they’d be required to make in order to fit his current and future cap hits.

totally unrelated but as an Avs fan that’s now watched several NYR games. Chris Krieder is really underrated and under the radar. That guy is quite impressive shift to shift.

Unfortunately, I’m equally as underwhelmed by LaF. He was a hot mess in the NYR game in Colorado. Made several bad plays, bad reads and lost too many puck battles. Based just on that game, he’s still an AHL level player that needs some seasoning. He was out of his depth in that game.

Last edited:
Reactions: zcaptain

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
People forget the Rangers can literally sign any player they want at UFA unless they grew up a Leafs fan. How difficult would it be to pay for a top 6 wing and use Schneider's play and ELC and RFA years to offset the high UFA sticker price?

Reactions: bernmeister

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I don’t know. That seems to be harder than ever. To move cap. Was definitely easier a few years ago. Vancouver did it successfully for OEL and Garland. And that GM has already lost his job and the team he built for this season is terrible. Not exactly an endorsement for taking on the type of trade, cap hit and risk Benning did to make that deal.

Actually the team he built was not terrible. Sure it has flaws mainly on D but the coach he extended and kept was beyond terrible. If he had hired Bruce in the off season, the Canucks would have 10 points up on Oilers by now. Its like building a Ferrari and giving the keys to a toddler to race it in LeMans. The defense needs a bit of work but I will go as far as to say that Canucks D is better than Oilers under Bruce, especially when Myers has logged 30 minutes of ice time every game in this 6 game win streak.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Actually the team he built was not terrible. Sure it has flaws mainly on D but the coach he extended and kept was beyond terrible. If he had hired Bruce in the off season, the Canucks would have 10 points up on Oilers by now. Its like building a Ferrari and giving the keys to a toddler to race it in LeMans. The defense needs a bit of work but I will go as far as to say that Canucks D is better than Oilers under Bruce, especially when Myers has logged 30 minutes of ice time every game in this 6 game win streak.

Get back to me after 30 games. Is this win streak legit or your typical dead cat bounce? 6 games isn’t close to enough of a sample size.

as for the Oil, they appear as PP and top line dependent as ever. Yamamoto hasn’t developed or found consistency his first season promised. The defense doesn’t have an elite player though it’s depth is better. The goalies are proving a problem over the larger sample size that exposes their collective and individual below average status.

if refs continue to neglect enforcement of the NHL rules in the playoffs, the Oil are the single most negatively impacted team by that annoying trend.

Last edited:

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
People forget the Rangers can literally sign any player they want at UFA unless they grew up a Leafs fan. How difficult would it be to pay for a top 6 wing and use Schneider's play and ELC and RFA years to offset the high UFA sticker price?
They can pay any UFA but that is very very expensive. Panarin got 10 million and that is a lot.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
They can pay any UFA but that is very very expensive. Panarin got 10 million and that is a lot.
Boeser won't be cheap either. No one is giving team discount anymore, especially not if you've just been acquired. At the cost of Schneider and Kravtsov, they're better off keeping Schneider, adding a UFA wing, move Kravtsov+ for center help.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Get back to me after 30 games. Is this win streak legit or your typical dead cat bounce? 6 games isn’t close to enough of a sample size.
The win streak is legit because they have changed their style of play completely under Bruce and dont have a peewee coach teaching them defense but have Shaw and Walker who have been brilliant. Now you give me a reason why you think its "fake"? Also if they keep winning, would it still be a dead cat bounce? You have to watch the Canucks every game to know why they are winning, its not just because of a "coaching bump" as what people like to call it but a complete change in playing style, system, attitude, buy ins and culture change both in front office and dressing room. Canucks look like a different team in every way both on the ice and in the front office.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
The win streak is legit because they have changed their style of play completely under Bruce and dont have a peewee coach teaching them defense but have Shaw and Walker who have been brilliant. Now you give me a reason why you think its "fake"? Also if they keep winning, would it still be a dead cat bounce? You have to watch the Canucks every game to know why they are winning, its not just because of a "coaching bump" as what people like to call it but a complete change in playing style, system, attitude, buy ins and culture change both in front office and dressing room. Canucks look like a different team in every way both on the ice and in the front office.
If they are still winning consistently after 30 games, then it’s real. Way too early to make that call today.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
He’s making $11.65mm AAV. A not insignificant difference from $10mm.
yeah that is my point though, building through UFA is not a successful and efficient way to build a team. Teams that draft most of their players and use UFA or trades to put the finishing touches are usually ones who win cups 99% of the time like Tampa Bay.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
If they are still winning consistently after 30 games, then it’s real. Way too early to make that call today.
I know it is early to call but I dont see them going back to Green level of hockey. The 180 degree turn they did in terms of underlying stats and even regular stats just tells me that they will be a much much better team compared to what we saw under Green. Its not just me saying it, lots of experts have said the same thing even ones in NHL network and Toronto media. Now they will lose games down the road eventually but they wont ever be going back to playing Green's hockey style of passive defense and dump and chase offense.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014

Rangers haven't really signed anyone of importance besides Panarin. The only other guys they signed are Rooney, Mckegg, Hunt, Nemeth and Tinordi. Now they don't have cap space moving forward I dont see any big FA splashes.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

Yes, yes it was, holy hell, how are there still people that believe this, it is the honeymoon period right now, we will come back down to earth and our borderline AHL blueline will be exposed.

Also it has been stated over and over again on multiple news outlets that the system Travis ran was not only his decision it was also the higher up's making that call too, which yes makes it Benning's fault too.

The defense needs a bit of work :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:, understatement of the century.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad