HF Habs: Bobby Mac Final 2024 Draft Ranking List - Tuesday 2024-06-25 - TSN5 - 11:00am EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
I don't have access to what the team doctors know but I know what chronic back issues can do to an average person, let alone an athlete. I hope they make the right decisions.

We are already one of the most injured in the league. Don't want to have 2 potential injure player in the top 6.

At the same time, healthy Dach, Slaf and Lindstrom will be a scary trio in the playoff!

Reactions: BJCOLLINS and Tyson

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Interesting article thanks for sharing and I share your concerns.

I think that article does a good job of establishing the risks without drifting into crystal ball territory.
I found another cool thing online... Stem cell therapy injection, right into the disc herniation, which could lead to future minimally invasive approaches to disc regeneration. I don't know how many years away it is. A stem cell is a cell that can evolve into other types of cells: skin, heart, bone, and so on, with the right environment. Stem Cells and Intervertebral Disc Regeneration Overview—What They Can and Can't Do
1719431984308.png

I have a black belt in thread derailing :skeptic:. I'm sure some of you are sick of my figures. Step 1 essentially grows intervertebral disc cells out of stem cells. Step 2 establishes the extracellular matrix, like the mortar around the IVD bricks in masonry. Step 3 limits the inflammation that could be triggered by these new IVD cells, so that the reformed disc is tolerated by the patient.

Edit: I thought that this was years away, but some orthopedists are already using it right now. The paper and figure are from 2021. Stem Cell Therapy | Disc Treatment | Raleigh NC | Durham.
Probably good news for some of the posters who mentioned chronic back ailments of their own.

I'm hoping that HuGo's medical team is up to date on these developments, if it comes to that.

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I just don't understand why his stock wouldn't drop if the back concern is something very serious. I'm sure this information was available to the NHL teams before us, and if anything, there seems to be more interest in him based on reports. Even the Ducks who need a dman a lot more might take him. Of course he could very well drop a ton in the standings and that would invalidate the reports, but from what I've read, teams are more interested in Lindstrom and not less.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Not sure we can pass on Lindstrom. I mean Lindstrom and Slaf could become something very special in a few years.
It is not about passing Lindstrom. Is more like Columbus drafting him at #4. This draft kinda remind me of the 2023 draft. Habs wanted Will Smith at 5. If San Jose take Michkov at 4. I'm 99% sure we draft Smith at 5.

It could be the same this year. With Demidov going to Chicago and Lindstrom going to Columbus at 4.

Reactions: BLONG7

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Where was Clayton Keller on Bob’s list? Where was Pierre Luc Dubois? Point being, these guys don’t get it right everytime. Picking a Lindstrom over a Catton would be very similar to passing on Keller for Pierre Luc Dubois.

Bob’s lists aren’t perfect and in no way does this prove that Catton has less talent than anybody.
Keller is fast, though. Catton shredded juniors but we’ll see how his game translates. Some scouts think he’ll be great at higher levels, some expect Corey Locke level blocks.

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
I found another cool thing online... Stem cell therapy injection, right into the disc herniation, which could lead to future minimally invasive approaches to disc regeneration. I don't know how many years away it is. A stem cell is a cell that can evolve into other types of cells: skin, heart, bone, and so on, with the right environment. Stem Cells and Intervertebral Disc Regeneration Overview—What They Can and Can't Do View attachment 887644

I have a black belt in thread derailing :skeptic:. I'm sure some of you are sick of my figures. Step 1 essentially grows intervertebral disc cells out of stem cells. Step 2 establishes the extracellular matrix, like the mortar around the IVD bricks in masonry. Step 3 limits the inflammation that could be triggered by these new IVD cells, so that the reformed disc is tolerated by the patient.

Edit: I thought that this was years away, but some orthopedists are already using it right now. The paper and figure are from 2021. Stem Cell Therapy | Disc Treatment | Raleigh NC | Durham.
Probably good news for some of the posters who mentioned chronic back ailments of their own.

I'm hoping that HuGo's medical team is up to date on these developments, if it comes to that.

Just goes to show that people are bored.

Hey HUGO!

Do_Something_meme_banner_imag.jpg

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
In this deep draft, with so many excellent options available, I wouldn’t take him even in that range. The marginal difference between Lindstrom and Catton, Levshunov, Eiserman, Sennecke, Iginla, Dickinson, Demidov, Buium, Silayev, and Yakemchuk does not warrant the risk. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Lindstrom fall into the mid-teens with many teams wisely adhering to the principle of “Availability being the best ability.”
I'd be extremely surprised if he falls out of the top 6 never mind mid-teens. I guess we'll see.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
It is not about passing Lindstrom. Is more like Columbus drafting him at #4. This draft kinda remind me of the 2023 draft. Habs wanted Will Smith at 5. If San Jose take Michkov at 4. I'm 99% sure we draft Smith at 5.

It could be the same this year. With Demidov going to Chicago and Lindstrom going to Columbus at 4.
And thats good bc we take Buium at 5. Kid is gonna be the next generational dman book it.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I may stop paying attention until they swap the front office once more. Silayev isn't coming to NA for at least 3 years, so it would be difficult to imagine anything interesting happening before that anyway.

Silayev is one of the worst cases for me. While I’m sure he’ll end up a player, it’s very rare that hulking defensive defenseman that gets drafted that early actually hits their full potential.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Silayev is a unicorn and you’d love him the moment he donned the Bleu Blanc Rouge. Don’t dismiss him.

Silayev is one of the worst cases for me. While I’m sure he’ll end up a player, it’s very rare that hulking defensive defenseman that gets drafted that early actually hits their full potential.
He’s six foot seven and can hit like a freight train. No one else in the draft played against a tough opposition as he did.

Reactions: Jabba11

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
A stem cell is a cell that can evolve into other types of cells: skin, heart, bone, and so on, with the right environment.
If that's the case, why don't we take a whole bunch of stem cells and have them evolve into a Crosby, Hedman, Makar, McDavid and a couple of other future HoFers that I'll let you pick?

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Silayev is a unicorn and you’d love him the moment he donned the Bleu Blanc Rouge. Don’t dismiss him.

He’s six foot seven and can hit like a freight train. No one else in the draft played against a tough opposition as he did.

Maybe, but it’s as much about potential for growth than what he did last season. His physical attributes allow him a certain advantage at a young age to play against that tough opposition, how that translates to the NHL in 3-4 years is a totally different matter.

Most defensive defenseman don’t pan out as expected. Statistically speaking, he’s a home run swing that early in the draft.

It’s the same reason you don’t see a lot of goalies drafted early anymore, they are a total crap shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad