Blues Trade Proposals 2020-21 - Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
How would people feel about a deal where Hall was acquired and re-signed to an expected value contract, and Schwartz was going the other way?

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
How would people feel about a deal where Hall was acquired and re-signed to an expected value contract, and Schwartz was going the other way?

I like Schwartz but if he gets a 7 million per year contract long term it’s going to be ugly from day one. Honestly he’s not talented enough for that type of contract. He’ll be 30 when he signs the contract, he’s had a history of injuries, some were unlucky, and he’s not enough of a game changer.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
DCFF9806-9E3F-42F0-AFA5-51A46B9FEAFD.png

When has JR ever broke any kind of trade news other than either knowing or guessing the Blues would protect Reaves???

Betting he’s writing an article regurgitating the news that Army was at least listening to calls about Schwartz

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
View attachment 420889

When has JR ever broke any kind of trade news other than either knowing or guessing the Blues would protect Reaves???

Betting he’s writing an article regurgitating the news that Army was at least listening to calls about Schwartz
In fairness, I don’t think there is any writer who has inside information with this front office. They run a tight ship.

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
Trading Hoffmann + some picks for Hall so that Buffalo could flip Hoffmann again to someone else makes sense to me. Gives DA a chance to try out a player he's wanted for a while without selling the farm on a longshot season, gives us a player who may better fit our system.

Of course, then there's the whole Schwartz or Hall conversation that would eat up our offseason.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I'm honestly not expecting DA to do much other than maybe picking up some veteran defenseman for a late round pick. I'd like to see him flip Hoffman but I don't expect it to be for a Hall like return.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Our D is not as strong & "shut-down" as it was during our Cup year, so I wouldn't mind us getting a big tough guy there, someone like Jamie Oleksiak of Dallas, as an example.
I'd rather go for a move like that, over going all in for Hall.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Our D is not as strong & "shut-down" as it was during our Cup year, so I wouldn't mind us getting a big tough guy there, someone like Jamie Oleksiak of Dallas, as an example.
I was hoping Mikkola would help with that, but he's not ready. He still might, someday.

Reactions: mk80

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I really want to hang on to Mikkola
Why?

Me too. How about Perunovich to Buffalo instead? With Walman emerging, and Krug and Dunn already established, maybe Perunovich's skill set is a bit redundant?
Trading a promising young prospect like Perunovich to hold onto a 25 year old who couldn't hold onto a bottom pairing role when the team was beset by injuries is madness. If you want more size and toughness at LHD, there are much better ways to go about it than cutting off your nose to spite your face.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Why?

Trading a promising young prospect like Perunovich to hold onto a 25 year old who couldn't hold onto a bottom pairing role when the team was beset by injuries is madness. If you want more size and toughness at LHD, there are much better ways to go about it than cutting off your nose to spite your face.
I see your point. I was just pointing out the logjam of small and smallish offensive defensemen on the left side. Yes, you are right. Of course Perunovich has more value than Mikkola. My idea was not so much to substitute Perunovich to save Mikkola, but rather as Perunovich has more value, offering him in a trade for Hall might save us a 1st, or perhaps get Buffalo to retain more on Hall, or even get us a small add. As we have a number of LD's in the same age bracket who possess a similar skill set to Perunovich, his loss may be more easily absorbed. I should have been more clear, my bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I think Mikkola is going to surprise people once he gets a full time opportunity. Probably next year after Seattle takes Dunn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad