Blues sign Doug Armstrong to an extension until 2028-2029 for PHO and Alex Steen takover as new GM in 2026

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
What has Steen been doing with the org to this point and for how long? I didn't even realize he was in hockey ops this feels out of nowhere

EDIT: Read the release - I don't doubt that he's a smart guy but is this not a little premature of an announcement? What if he takes on a bigger role this year and just isn't as ready as they think

Reactions: Voight

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I get Chia sucks, but with Armstrong as his boss that would have limited what he could F up.
Chiarelli already works for the Blues and reports to Armstrong.

We hired Chia a little after the Cup win. Right about the time we started making stupid decisions like letting Petro walk, signing Krug etc. Not saying they’re correlated but I am curious what influence Chia has on Army.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

We hired Chia a little after the Cup win. Right about the time we started making stupid decisions like letting Petro walk, signing Krug etc. Not saying they’re correlated but I am curious what influence Chia has on Army.

Shoulda held a gun to his head I guess. Or maybe a ball and chain would have worked.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Thats a. good point, tho Army is a veteran executive so you'd think he wouldn't just listen to all of Chias ideas.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Announcing a GM change 1-2 years ahead of the time they’ll take over is a bit of a strange move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad