Blues sign Doug Armstrong to an extension until 2028-2029 for PHO and Alex Steen takover as new GM in 2026

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Chiarelli getting the boot and Steen taking over AGM feels like the most likely scenario.

Another possible, but much more unlikely, scenario is Armstrong moving to solely being the Pres of Hockey OPS and Steen taking over GM but I feel like that's a large jump for Steen.
I think that’s the plan eventually but have to imagine Steen will be eased in as Assistant for a couple years first

Who has a press conference to announce an assistant GM? I feel like a word document would do.
While true, Steen is a longtime fan favorite who played a big role in the teams first cup, which 5 year anniversary was yesterday so the timing lines up. Probably just trying to build some excitement pre-draft

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Kinda want STL to hire Carlo Colaiacovo now, just for Weekes to pick the obvious picture...
Picture? GIF or GTFO.

IXn1A0.gif

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Interesting to telegraph their announcement of GM 2 years in advance. Of course, teams often have internal plans of succession in place but you usually don't see it officially outwardly announced.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Interesting to telegraph their announcement of GM 2 years in advance. Of course, teams often have internal plans of succession in place but you usually don't see it officially outwardly announced.
I believe it was mentioned in this thread, but with Steen being a fan favorite, it could be something they’re doing to drum up some excitement, especially with us probably being a bubble team the next couple years.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I believe it was mentioned in this thread, but with Steen being a fan favorite, it could be something they’re doing to drum up some excitement, especially with us probably being a bubble team the next couple years.
Seems like a rude question, but do any blues fans care who the GM is as long as it's not someone who's proven to be dumb, Luke Chiarelli ?

Reactions: joestevens29

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Seems weird to announce it so early - maybe these guys will get fired before that even happens
Cool for Steen though, always liked him

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Steen’s hockey sense and work ethic were through the f***in roof as a player. We’ll see how he does in a front office but I absolutely think he’s cut out for it and could be good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad