Confirmed with Link: Blues sign 2 Oilers to offer sheets!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
giphy.gif
Are you Finnished?

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
The Oilers are NOT going back to the Stanley Cup Final in 2025. The Oilers are NOT Cup favorites. The Oilers are NOT even contenders at this point without significant upgrades that won't arrive.

Also, we barely missed the playoffs with a roster inferior to what we have now.
Ok. This post wont age well. Significant upgrades to what? One more D man you mean? That is the "significant upgrade" Because their fwd group is miles better than the one that was in the SCF with Arvidsson, Jeff Skinner, full year of Henrique, etc.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Ok. This post wont age well. Significant upgrades to what? One more D man you mean? That is the "significant upgrade" Because their fwd group is miles better than the one that was in the SCF with Arvidsson, Jeff Skinner, full year of Henrique, etc.
Okay, dude! You got your answer for which you've been fishing. Jake's value is tbd.

Toodles!

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
The guy I do feel sorry for here is Holloway. He was used by Ferris and Broberg as a pawn and now will be playing bottom six minutes on a non-playoff team instead of in the SCF

He signed the offer sheet, nobody put a gun to his head. Obviously he thinks the opportunity is better in St. Louis both for playing time and financial. I would say the Blues have a lot more fluidity in their middle six. McDavid, Drai, Skinner, Arvidsson, RNH and Hyman have the top six locked up in Edmonton so he would probably be looking at 3rd line minutes either way at least at the start of the year.

Reactions: Memento and mk80

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
The guy I do feel sorry for here is Holloway. He was used by Ferris and Broberg as a pawn and now will be playing bottom six minutes on a non-playoff team instead of in the SCF

You're projecting. He signed the offer sheet. He made more money. If he is playing bottom-6 minutes, that is on him. We have top-6 minutes available. You think it is really easier to get into Edmonton's top 6 with the new signings than ours? We also have a shot at the playoffs if all goes well, especially on the timeline of his careeer, even just RFA years.

Reactions: Memento

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
But for this deal take two mediocre players like and pay for those like nothing IS good deal by Army, but IT doesnt bring us any closer to Be contender.

Im just happy Canadian team got worse and Canadian media is triggered by this move.

So happy camper. This was like our 2024-25 season win.

Stelmacki

May 2, 2017
Actually I dont care about an OS. The Oilers WILL NOT do an offer sheet. I find it interesting that you dont think that Holloway making $2.2M for 15 goals will have any affect on what Jake asks for scoring 35. Or what Perukovich and Joseph will ask for when Broberg is making $4.6M. What better comparables to use than those on your team.

Just FYI, Alberta boys are Alberta boys, regardless of whether they were in Calgary or Edmonton. Again...no OS from t he Oilers.....just really interesting seeing the obliviousness to the market set by these two signings.

I love how many oilers fans have already written themselves into the SCF. 😂

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Wow listening to JR on 101 right now and he said that the Blues were in contact with Broberg's agent before they reacquired their 2nd. It was actually looking like the Blues weren't going to be able to get their 2nd back at first and reached out to tell the agent to say that they should probably move on to one of the other potential offer sheets. Broberg and his agent decided to give the the Blues some more time because they thought it was the best potential fit and then of course we know the rest. That's how close it was but also shows that Broberg and his agent had a preference to come to St. Louis.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Wow listening to JR on 101 right now and he said that the Blues were in contact with Broberg's agent before they reacquired their 2nd. It was actually looking like the Blues weren't going to be able to get their 2nd back at first and reached out to tell the agent to say that they should probably move on to one of the other potential offer sheets. Broberg and his agent decided to give the the Blues some more time because they thought it was the best potential fit and then of course we know the rest. That's how close it was but also shows that Broberg and his agent had a preference to come to St. Louis.
While Army deserves so much credit for this move. We should appreciate Dubas in Pittsburgh who facilitated our ability to pull it off by trading back our second, and I’m happy to pay the value of the Ottawa 3rd to the Pens to get these offer sheets done.

blue zone

Apr 14, 2024
Actually I dont care about an OS. The Oilers WILL NOT do an offer sheet. I find it interesting that you dont think that Holloway making $2.2M for 15 goals will have any affect on what Jake asks for scoring 35. Or what Perukovich and Joseph will ask for when Broberg is making $4.6M. What better comparables to use than those on your team.

Just FYI, Alberta boys are Alberta boys, regardless of whether they were in Calgary or Edmonton. Again...no OS from t he Oilers.....just really interesting seeing the obliviousness to the market set by these two signings.

I find the closing assumptions hilarious. The Blues improved a team that barely missed the playoffs, and EDM has gotten just a bit weaker in a very competitive conference.

Crazy pants to do this in the NHL

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
But for this deal take two mediocre players like and pay for those like nothing IS good deal by Army, but IT doesnt bring us any closer to Be contender.

Im just happy Canadian team got worse and Canadian media is triggered by this move.

So happy camper. This was like our 2024-25 season win.

Mediocre players? They are 22 years old and just getting started. Both have huge potential.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Also for anyone who is worried about OS on Blues players in the future because we opened the can of worms now. We are not the first to sign a player to the OS and won't be the last and there has never been much evidence of retaliation down the line. Hell look at Carolina, just a few years ago they OS and got Kotkeniemi from the Habs, has there been any retaliation against the Canes??? Hell they have Seth Jarvis as a RFA as I type this, a 30+ goal scored and nothing from the Habs or anyone else.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I find the closing assumptions hilarious. The Blues improved a team that barely missed the playoffs, and EDM has gotten just a bit weaker in a very competitive conference.

Crazy pants to do this in the NHL
That dude came over here trying to build an argument against one of the most knowledgeable fan bases on HF.

Like someone posted yesterday, HFBlues is in that Goldilocks sweet spot. Our porridge is just right.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Also for anyone who is worried about OS on Blues players in the future because we opened the can of worms now. We are not the first to sign a player to the OS and won't be the last and there has never been much evidence of retaliation down the line. Hell look at Carolina, just a few years ago they OS and got Kotkeniemi from the Habs, has there been any retaliation against the Canes??? Hell they have Seth Jarvis as a RFA as I type this, a 30+ goal scored and nothing from the Habs or anyone else.
Kotkaniemi was the retaliation for the Canadiens offer sheeting Sebastien Aho. Illustrates why being too emotional and retaliating is probably not in the best interest of a franchise as Kotkaniemi has been a huge disappointment for the Canes.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Kotkeniemi was the retaliation lol. They offer sheeted Aho prior and Carolina went back at them. Bunch of jerks.

Reactions: AyeBah

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Holloway’s interview has been a bit more interesting than I expected.

He’s obviously excited, said it was too good of opportunity to pass up, liked Doug’s vision for the Blues and their future, it would have been hard to knock the Oilers stars in the top 6 out of their spots, excited to play with Neighbours.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Kotkaniemi was the retaliation for the Canadiens offer sheeting Sebastien Aho. Illustrates why being too emotional and retaliating is probably not in the best interest of a franchise as Kotkaniemi has been a huge disappointment for the Canes.

Ahh yes, I knew I was forgetting a part of that story but still it has to make sense for the both the player and team for an OS to come together. The major difference is that KK OS was successful and the Aho one was a failure.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006

Why do you care what he has to to say?

Swedes Suck Permafrost.

Seriously, though, Broberg didn't say very much in this interview.

It looked like he was not only translating the questions, but also saying to himself, Remember your training, remember your training, remember your training. Don't say anything stupid.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad