Confirmed with Link: Blues sign 2 Oilers to offer sheets!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
The Oilers forum thread about this just cracked 4500 posts. I'm glad we're a smaller fan base; no way could I read through all of that.
Probably a lot more crazies to deal with too though. Would have about 25% of the posters on block which would make it easier to get through.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Calm down, Holloway isn't playing with Buch, most likely will be on 4th line. Texier is a more proven top 9 choice at this point.
As I said the lines will vary depending on chemistry and how things work out in camp etc, but I think Holloway is an option for either the 2nd/3rd line and his speed could be a good asset with Buch. I don't know how they will end up but I would be very surprised if he is on the 4th line.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Wow! This is a good morning for sure, I’m excited to see how both players grow (especially Broberg) with the playing time we can offer, and Bannister will be a good coach for their development I think.

I don’t like paying the additional 2028 3rd round pick, Paul Fischer is whatever. But overall a 2nd and 2 3rds and prospect for these guys is much less than a direct trade would have been for them.

Reactions: stlwahoo

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I really like Holloways game. He seems like a buffed up prototypical Blues player. If he can be a sponge/adaptable like Neighbors it’s very likely he’s a staple on the team for a long time to come.
In my head he felt like a step up from Toropchenko and a step down from Neighbours talent wise but similar types of players.

I think he’ll be a very likable player to watch.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The main thing for Holloway is to stay healthy. He had a variety of injuries since turning pro, and it really messed with his development. He has speed, and is strong/big enough to play. Also showed some hands in college, though nothing jaw dropping. Jury is out on whether he can learn to process the game at the NHL level... missing all those games didn't help. I've watched a lot of him playing for the Badgers, and kept track of him since.

Don't know what to say about Broberg. He's got the NHL body, and some tools, for sure, but I thought EDM was crazy to draft him so early when Zegras and Boldy were sitting there. A gamble, but one that won't kill your team as it's only a two year term.

Reactions: The Electrician

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
For St. Louis....do you have any idea what Neighbours, Peronuvich and Joseph will be asking for at the end of the year on the year based on Holloway and Brobergs contracts?
Imagine a non-playoff team in cap trouble

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
For St. Louis....do you have any idea what Neighbours, Peronuvich and Joseph will be asking for at the end of the year on the year based on Holloway and Brobergs contracts?
Perunovich and POJ both likely won't be here, Neighbours will likely get a bridge deal. These deals won't have any effect on them. Blues have plenty of cap room to play with and not planning on being so in the immediate future so the cap hits aren't an issue at all.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

Neighbours is the only one that would hold any consequence. Could agents point towards two outliers as comparable? Sure, but it's not going to do them much good. Armstrong has always been very prudent.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Blues gave Neighbors 8 years, but I also wouldn't be shocked if we gave him a bridge as it's probably in the best interest for both parties.

Perunovich and Joseph are so inconsequential I would hope somebody would offer sheet them. I'd doubt either are qualified, if Perunovich is even able to be so.

I think it's extremely overblown that teams are going to target the Blues young players. If the Blues are dumb enough to be cap strapped and then go out and buy multiple players on top of that and leave themselves vulnerable, sure they will be attacked, but so will every team. The only concern I would have over the situation is that the cost for RFAs will go up significantly and we wont se the 2 x 1.5-3m contracts throughout the league on guys as bridges as much anymore. But that's not team specifiic.

Reactions: stlwahoo

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
It would be so devious if Oil threw offer sheet at peru or POJ. Not sure how we could recover if they stole one of these key pieces from us.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
You don’t want to offer sheet Perunovich and we would love for you to do it!

No concerns on Neighbours or Joseph either.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Let's keep our expectations in check. Broberg was in the AHL most of last year, and Holloway has 2 9-point seasons. This isn't suddenly making us the best team in the west. It's two young guys you hope can grow when put in a little better position to suceed but they are both a gamble.

We still need elite, high end talent (top pair D and 2nd line forward to drive the line). These guys are not there. They are a long shot to get there but they do have skill sets that could, so it's worth the gamble.
It’s recalibrating the rising core so that a lot of the talent is synchronized for their prime years. We will have a young group that can grow together, seasoned with a few veterans. O’Reilly, Schenn and Bouwneester were all trade acquisitions after the nucleus was there.

This time around instead of 1C they’ll need to find a top pairing defender on the market. Not every piece is accounted for yet, but the timing of the next rise to contender status is a lot clearer and a lot more plausible. These were both good additions. They are guys that need ice time and a chance to grow on the job, not a luxury most top contenders can afford young players, but the Blues can at the moment.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I am listening to Broberg. He sounds "excited," his word. You can definitely tell he doesn't have the best english. Repeating the same phrases a lot. "Very excited" "Better everyday" "Excited to meet new teammates"

Reactions: Memento and mk80

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad