Confirmed with Link: Blues sign 2 Oilers to offer sheets!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
So do the Oilers need to do anything if they choose not to match or do they just let the time elapse and that's it?

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
So do the Oilers need to do anything if they choose not to match or do they just let the time elapse and that's it?

It’s been a long time since an offer sheet was actually successful, but I don’t think they have to say anything if they don’t match.

It’s possible the next thing we hear about it will be from the Blues announcing that they are officially Blues.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Friedman speculating on twitter 20 mins ago that he doesn’t expect Edmonton to match on either player

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
Man if we get both this could turn the team around quicker than expected. Yes Army gave them a little more money than they desreved but the cost is still the same 2nd and 3rd round pick.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
1724157361740.gif

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

If Bowman faxes Army a picture of his ass, then we know he isn't matching the offer sheet.

I won't believe it til it's official. Wouldn't surprise me if they leaked this out to Friedman then come back and match at the last minute and dash our hopes.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Man if we get both this could turn the team around quicker than expected. Yes Army gave them a little more money than they desreved but the cost is still the same 2nd and 3rd round pick.

Let's keep our expectations in check. Broberg was in the AHL most of last year, and Holloway has 2 9-point seasons. This isn't suddenly making us the best team in the west. It's two young guys you hope can grow when put in a little better position to suceed but they are both a gamble.

We still need elite, high end talent (top pair D and 2nd line forward to drive the line). These guys are not there. They are a long shot to get there but they do have skill sets that could, so it's worth the gamble.

Reactions: blueswede22

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
These aren’t needle mover acquisitions that will change the contending timeline but I’m happy for the new bodies coming into the organization (god willing on the EDM duo) this offseason…the last 2+ years have been a very flat and forgettable stretch of Blues hockey.

britishblue

Jan 17, 2012
Let's keep our expectations in check. Broberg was in the AHL most of last year, and Holloway has 2 9-point seasons. This isn't suddenly making us the best team in the west. It's two young guys you hope can grow when put in a little better position to suceed but they are both a gamble.

We still need elite, high end talent (top pair D and 2nd line forward to drive the line). These guys are not there. They are a long shot to get there but they do have skill sets that could, so it's worth the gamble.
Exactly this.

It's a gamble but all prospects are really.

It's one of those though where, if both were already in our organisation, we would be excited about the coming year. High draft picks, got their feet wet in the league already, a good post season showing etc.

Only negative is the contract values but where we are currently it really doesnt matter.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Only negative is the contract values but where we are currently it really doesnt matter.
I wouldn’t even say they’re negative.

Both are 2 year deals to players who are about to enter their prime from an age perspective. If they perform at the level they’re getting compensated at, that’s good for the Blues. If not, they leave in 2 years. Very low risk.

britishblue

Jan 17, 2012
I wouldn’t even say they’re negative.

Both are 2 year deals to players who are about to enter their prime from an age perspective. If they perform at the level they’re getting compensated at, that’s good for the Blues. If not, they leave in 2 years. Very low risk.
Agreed.

Like we gambled on guys like vranna, kap, hayes etc and overpaid, id rather we do that for guys in this age range.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Agreed.

Like we gambled on guys like vranna, kap, hayes etc and overpaid, id rather we do that for guys in this age range.
Yeah and I still don’t like that they dumped Hayes’ contract with a pick when his cap hit was reasonable.

Everything is just throwing stuff against the wall and hoping it sticks. At least with Holloway and Broberg they should have higher floors at this age with higher ceilings.

Kylester

Feb 28, 2020
Southern California
As excited as I am to possibly add Broberg and Holloway to our prospect pool, I agree that we should keep expectations tempered and see how these guys work out.

In addition, it is crucial we get Neighbors and Hofer signed before the Blues end up in this type of situation next year. I'm pretty positive, however, Army and Steen will work on getting both signed during the season. If the work deals out, they will probably not be announced until after the midway point of the season. Can't afford to lose either one of them.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Leddy - Parayko
Suter - Faulk
Broberg - Kessel

LFG!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad