Value of: Blues need a second line winger

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
He’s injured at the moment and almost certainly isn’t what you’re looking for, but I would happily trade Conor Sheary for a competent bottom pairing defenseman (assuming cap hit and term don’t exceed Sheary’s.)

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I don't see a second line winger as a need. That's a role that can be filled by Snuggerud. I wouldn't mind a good two-way third liner but this isn't something I'd be willing to give up significant assets for. More of a 'wait and see' come trade deadline to see if there's a Kapanen type of situation where a team is wanting to get rid of a contract with another year of term on it.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
The Blues do not need another winger. We have Snuggerud, Bolduc, and Dean (who can play center and wing), along with Neighbours and Blais - and that's not even mentioning Kyrou and potentially Buchnevich, if we re-sign him. If anything, we need to deal two wingers (thinking Kapanen and Vrana).

So I'll ask instead: what picks would people reasonably give up for Kapanen or Vrana?

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
So I'll ask instead: what picks would people reasonably give up for Kapanen or Vrana?
My thoughts are that at the deadline, if the Blues are still in playoff hunt, they should keep Kap and Vrana. I don't see them pulling much trade value unless they start scoring at a higher rate. Even with full retention. Them combined cost us a 7th round pick. Missing out on a couple 3rd round picks isn't gonna kill the Blues especially when we already have 5 picks in the first three rounds this season.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
My thoughts are that at the deadline, if the Blues are still in playoff hunt, they should keep Kap and Vrana. I don't see them pulling much trade value unless they start scoring at a higher rate. Even with full retention. Them combined cost us a 7th round pick. Missing out on a couple 3rd round picks isn't gonna kill the Blues especially when we already have 5 picks in the first three rounds this season.

I'd rather not keep Kapanen. I haven't forgotten his extreme DUI, and given that I lost a friend to a drunk driver, I don't want to cheer for him. Getting two third round picks for him and Vrana would be solid. I'd rather get the picks, get something for them because I doubt we re-sign either of them to long-term deals.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
This is the season of one year stop gaps and low expectations. Our rental group doesn't have high profile names or big stat lines to draw the same value we had to offer last year which means Doug might pull in a 2nd but more likely a 3rd/4th/5th type of value for one rental or another amounting to a couple more '24 picks than they currently have. He also may just prefer to keep roster continuity down the stretch and allow Bolduc and Dean to continue playing in Springfield. This team has a ton of already drafted forward talent, imo the absolute last thing the Blues need is to use assets to acquire a 2nd line winger.

The only trade target they should be looking at is a LD to pair with Parayko and they should save all their best available pieces to get that deal done. Yes it's a ton of money on D and Krug is probably still here once the dust settles but they could jettison Scandella or even Leddy to open a roster spot and then pay the futures package to get the LD and the on ice product would potentially be lots better. This spot has been vacant since Bouwmeester was forced into retirement and neither Scandella or Leddy is ideal in the usage Parayko gets so clearly it has to be a certain type. The Jaybo type, so if anyone has any spare freak of nature/seems like an accountant but is actually a stud shut down LD then like Miss Cleo says, call me now.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
We need a second line winger so we can move Saad down to the third line where he belongs. Have some draft capital and youth to trade.

Anyone have one they can dispose of.

must be willing to forecheck
must be willing to get beat up in front of the net

my want is Logan Crouse!
Logan is untouchable.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
One of;
Boeser
Garland
Beauvillier
What hole have you climbed out of lately, that Boeser would still be available?? He's got 12 goals and 18 points in 15 games.

Re: OP, for the other two wingers I'd ask for a physical depth winger like Toropchenko or Neighbors, plus someone like Bortuzzo.

Reactions: theguardianII

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I don’t see army dealing guy who is helping us in playoff chase for only a 3rd. if we are out of it, sure. But only way he does that if we are in it is if he wants to dump someone, either for attitude/effort or we need the roster spot or cap space for someone else.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
What hole have you climbed out of lately, that Boeser would still be available?? He's got 12 goals and 18 points in 15 games.

Re: OP, for the other two wingers I'd ask for a physical depth winger like Toropchenko or Neighbors, plus someone like Bortuzzo.
It is the lack of cap space.
Too many high end players needing large raises and the Canucks have already committed over 4.2 million for OEL the next 4 years.

They are capped out, well over the cap, now with Pettersson, Hronek, Demko, Kuzmenko, Myers and Cole replacements and lesser, DeSmithe, Podkolzin, Hoglander, Buger, Suter, and a few more all in the next couple of years. Bo scoring at this rate will be another 8+mil player.

They may trade Kuzmenko but he will be less than a 8 million cap hit his next contract so the ultimate choice for the Nucks might be Kuz or Brock. But the cap would make the difference.

The team still needs defencemen of calibre they cannot keep relying upon Demko to steal games or hold up the fort until they get a PP.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Arvidson is on the injury list right now and could be had for cheap.
The Kings moved on and i don't see where he would fit in the future

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad