Value of: Blues need a second line winger

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
The goal should never be to barely make the POs. The Blues are playing well right now but they arent going to compete for the Cup, therefore it makes zero sense for the Blues to be spending assets to make the current team marginally better. If the goal is merely to compete for a PO spot every year just to guaranty two home PO games then by all means waste assets, but i highly doubt that is the goal.

Its only a matter of time for Binnington has a meltdown and goes back to his career averages, which is not good enough for the Blues to compete. The only year that Binny had better stats than he currently does is the cup year and that team was far better defensively than the current team. The advanced stats that year have the Blues as one of the best defensive teams in the league the 2nd half of the year. Binnington is a career below average starter, dont let 10 games make you think otherwise. Without a top 5 defense the Blues arent competing for a cup with Binnington as the starting goalie

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
He’s injured at the moment and almost certainly isn’t what you’re looking for, but I would happily trade Conor Sheary for a competent bottom pairing defenseman (assuming cap hit and term don’t exceed Sheary’s.)

You would gladly pay us Tuesday for a hamburger today. Ok I'll see myself out.

Reactions: AndreRoy

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
I don't see a second line winger as a need. That's a role that can be filled by Snuggerud. I wouldn't mind a good two-way third liner but this isn't something I'd be willing to give up significant assets for. More of a 'wait and see' come trade deadline to see if there's a Kapanen type of situation where a team is wanting to get rid of a contract with another year of term on it.

If the Flyers miss the playoffs Scott Laughton should be available at the tdl. Don't know if the Blues would like the asking price.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
If the Flyers miss the playoffs Scott Laughton should be available at the tdl. Don't know if the Blues would like the asking price.
The Blues were rumored to be interested in Laughton around the time they made a deal for Hayes, so there was interest there at one point.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Beauvillier and Arvidsson seem like good rental targets that may be able to handle a second line role and have something to play for as pending UFAs.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I'd probably do that as a Nashville fan.
Trenin reminds me of past reclamation projects the Avs have tried. You can see the potential for a good player in there, but he doesn't show up consistently enough.

But the size and adequate skating ability to go with his size.. can't teach.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Trenin reminds me of past reclamation projects the Avs have tried. You can see the potential for a good player in there, but he doesn't show up consistently enough.

But the size and adequate skating ability to go with his size.. can't teach.
Despite not showing up on the score sheet this year we've been really happy with his play this season.

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
We need a second line winger so we can move Saad down to the third line where he belongs. Have some draft capital and youth to trade.

Anyone have one they can dispose of.

must be willing to forecheck
must be willing to get beat up in front of the net

my want is Logan Crouse!

We need nothing of the sort.

We may actually want to move Buchnevich if he does not lean toward a long term contract.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Would Andrew Mangiapane be of any interest? He plays both sides and could probably be had for a pair of 2nd or equivalent prospects.
Think there’s a lot of teams who’d have interest in him. Not sure why they should move him though.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
The Blues are in a re-tool, they shouldn’t be trading assets for a 2nd line winger when they have Jimmy Snuggerud almost ready. Their window is still 3 years away. Just stay the course and keep adding assets

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad