GDT: Blues @ Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
For a fragile as Gaborik is....it is amazing he owns the front of our net.

It's called skill...fast and good hands....Kane, Datsyuk, et al. all bury their quick chances in the crease. Stone handed players don't fare so well on those chances.

BleedBlue4Life

Jan 24, 2012
Petro looked like it was his first game up from the minors. In thought he spent all summer bulking up? Sure didn't do any good, the pressure of the kings forwards had him playing timid as puck all game. Amazing screen also. Reaves made it clear why he sees little ice time, yea it was a close call but they were calling it all game and he can't be surprised by it, was a major turning point in the game as well. Oshie looked "off" to say the least. After getting rocked in the first, all he was good for was an assist or two for the kings. Just strait up out manned tonight in LA, blowing that lead against a bitter rival is the type of **** that stays in your head. In the next practice, they need to spend at least 30 minutes just moving a puck from one side of a blue line to the other, and explain that the other team can't score if you move it to the neutral zone side of the blue line when they had possession in your side of the zone. Clear the ****ing puck when you get a chance.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
What? He's scoring at a PPG pace. If he keeps this up, I don't see any way his salary will be in the 4 mil range. I'm thinking more like 6 (because I do think it will be long-term).

I wouldn't move Steen though, I'd move Oshie before him without even thinking twice about it.
Id move Berglund and Ott to create space. Bring up Jaskin and Rattie. Maybe replace Jackman with Lindhbolm.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
No Blues fan should be very happy with this game. We had bad defense, bad goaltending, and once we had the lead we sat back and played sloppy hockey like many times before we've seen.

But for ****s sakes every team has bad games. Some of your lives must be absolute roller coaster rides. "Oh my god, that girl at the bar gave me a fake phone number?? I'll never get married" The Blues gotta learn from the loss and try to improve. This is the team we got, and if you don't like it then you don't have to watch and post in the GDT. I'm gonna keep watching, keep loving hockey, and possibly keep being frustrated. But hey maybe this year or next year or some year it will actually work out

Well said, this is the coaching staff and 99% of the team were running. They arent going to change their playing style, the D are going to back off while the forwards backcheck (which they dont do). It is what it is....either they figure it out and come together or they don't. It's getting old..same posters, same absolute negative posts.

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL
They werent laying down, the Blues capitalized on a couple PP's. LA played a hard game all the way through.

I didn't mean they were laying down, that was more for the reference of having the foot on the throat....kill the opponent then do not let them up.....that is the killer instinct.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
What? He's scoring at a PPG pace. If he keeps this up, I don't see any way his salary will be in the 4 mil range. I'm thinking more like 6 (because I do think it will be long-term).

I wouldn't move Steen though, I'd move Oshie before him without even thinking twice about it.
He has something like 4 RFA years left. He's not getting UFA value for any of those years.

Just like when everyone was convinced that Schwartz would get ~$4 million, Tarasenko will come in well below the nonsensical Trade/FA board numbers that will be thrown around until he finally signs.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

If it's long-term, then there's no doubt it will be at least 5. I agree that I think it will be a 7-8 year deal in the 6 range. If we sign him to a bridge deal, and then he puts up 2 more seasons like this(or potentially better) what the hell are we going to have to pay him then? I would set the salary structure around Tarasenko, Schwartz, and Pietrangelo extensions. Go from there.

Also agree about moving Oshie before Steen. I can't think of any logical argument for choosing Oshie over Steen(age...I guess...but that's a stretch). Love both guys, but Steen is the better player. He just is.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada

It would be a tough call, Steen has more value as a scorer but Oshie is a bit younger and 1.6 million cheaper.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I think Steen will be gone if we want to resign Tarasenko, Berglund will most likely be gone too.

I think everyone not named STL and possibly Stastny will be considered. Clear out salaries based upon the highest possible return that they can fetch. We have closed the gap slightly in the skill department...just need to close it a little further.

As for Petro, I am somewhat at a loss with him. IMO, Shattenkirk has made far more improvement in his game than Petro over the last two years.

stlblues23*

It wasnt. Not against that PP. That was probably the worst part of their game tonight.

Sarcasm. I think what bugs me the most is that I'm not surprised at all that we blew a 3-goal lead. It's just what I've come to expect when we play them especially at their place.

stlblues23*

I think everyone not named STL and possibly Stastny will be considered. Clear out salaries based upon the highest possible return that they can fetch. We have closed the gap slightly in the skill department...just need to close it a little further.

As for Petro, I am somewhat at a loss with him. IMO, Shattenkirk has made far more improvement in his game than Petro over the last two years.

Agree 100% on Shatty improving a lot more than Petro. Shatty is easily outplaying Petro this year.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
He has something like 4 RFA years left. He's not getting UFA value for any of those years.

Just like when everyone was convinced that Schwartz would get ~$4 million, Tarasenko will come in well below the nonsensical Trade/FA board numbers that will be thrown around until he finally signs.
You seem pretty confident about that.

If Tarasenko signs for 7-8 years there's no way he's getting paid under $5 million. Doesn't matter how many RFA years he has left at all, he wouldn't accept that (or shouldn't). So we'll just have to agree to disagree and see what happens.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Ok for a positive....did anyone like the bergy-stas-jaskin?

Yes, they played very well. I was very impressed with Jaskin. He's a better player than he was just a month(or whenever his last recall was) ago. I hope he sticks and continues to play well. Having another versatile, big bodied winger is always a plus.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
If we're talking 7 or 8 years, then Tarasenko is getting at least $6.5m. 3-6 years are highly unlikely to be on the table. 1-2 years and it will start with a 4.

I can't imagine a bridge deal, why accept a bridge when Armstrong gave Pietrangelo term.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If Brodeur is gonna be on your roster then you can't play him once in 10 days. He usually sucks after sitting for lengthy periods of time. He's gotta be in more of a rhythm.
Or he's 42 and just isn't that good anymore. No reason to play him a lot when Allen is better.

stlblues23*

Yes, they played very well. I was very impressed with Jaskin. He's a better player than he was just a month(or whenever his last recall was) ago. I hope he sticks and continues to play well. Having another versatile, big bodied winger is always a plus.

Absolutely. He deserves to be up more than Paajarvi does. We need to either trade Paajarvi or cut him loose. He's dead weight at this point.

Lakewood

Nov 17, 2013
peanut butter and jelly baby. Anyone who watches that game and thinks, "I can't wait to move berglund," is someone who I don't understand.

Me neither brother. He's so steady. Loved that chemistry tonight and stastny came alive too. Jaskin has matured quite a bit. He fit right in.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

It may have just been me, but Jaskin looked noticeably stronger on his skates and on the puck.

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003
Let me post a succinct question (instead of my usual rambling) to everyone around here who doesn't particularly like how I see things.

In an era where the role of grinder is coming into question as perhaps being outdated, because the game has changed, what is the exact wisdom in not only keeping an entire line of grinders, but also sticking one on our best scoring line?

33% of our forwards had stone hands tonight, with no real legitimate expectation to score a goal. How can you expect to win with a team with that make-up?

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL
Seems to me that most people lookin at our overall lineup when healthy have identified 3rd line RW as the biggest hole. I get response on the berg stas jaskin and this seems a far better option than lindstrom or MPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad