GDT: Blues @ Kings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Starting goaltender is Elliott. He lost in the post season against the Kings.

Top 6 forward is Schwartz. He lost in the post season against the Kings.

Top 4 defender is Gunnarson. I don't see him as a difference maker.

So... no, that's not enough change for me. This team will be bounced as-is right now. Easily bounced.

I am desperately hoping this is satire, severely worried for you that it isn't.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
ha, well I thought that one of our main objectives as fans was to be hopeful.:yo:

Clearly you're mistaken. It's to be overly critical, cynical, pessimistic, and antagonistic, and then when the team wins the ultimate prize, we pretend we were fans all along.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
What a discouraging loss. That third period on Tuesday with Vlad mortalizing our nemesis felt like a significant moment. 3-0 lead with LA as vulnerable as they could ever be. Son of a gun.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Not to take anything away from the victory on Tuesday, but I wanted to see them win AT Staples. Turns out, they still can't. That's frustrating.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
The defense isn't that much different honestly. Don't think Elliott is that much of an upgrafe over Halak/Miller to be able to steal games for us like Quick or Price. We have Lehtera but he's a total unknown since he's yet to play in the postseason.

You don't see Gunnarsson as a massive upgrade over Jackman in the second pairing? How about Tarasenko's development into one of the game's premier offensive threats? Schwartz has become a phenomenal two way player. Then consider we've added two high quality centers. Yes I think it's safe to say we've made some significant changes.

Elliott is clearly a better goalie on this team than Halak or Miller were. I don't much care for what Halak and Miller have done elsewhere. All that matters is what they've done with the Blue note on their chest. Elliott has been the best of the three in that jersey and he's good enough to win with.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
IT'S EVERYONE'S FAVORITE TIME AGAIN!

Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

grumpy-cat-no-1.jpg

Lakewood

Nov 17, 2013
They freeze the pucks for a reason. That last goal wasn't on Marty. Puck got too hot from being in his pants.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
You're aware that Carter and Richards were playoff losers for half a decade or more before finding their way to the Kings, right? And that Kopitar, etc. never won anything before they arrived? Labeling players based on their playoff efforts on flawed teams isn't very sharp analysis.

It takes the right mix and luck to win it all. Sometimes that takes awhile.

Not to mention that the Kings were eliminated by the Canucks multiple years before they went on the beat them and win the cup.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
I'm not worried at all, sometimes I think we are on the oilers boards with so much negativity. I think we will come out of the west this year.

STL Blues Fan

Jan 14, 2011
Pathetic show by Brodeur there. Sure we had some blown coverages and bad turnovers but he has to stop some of those. Elliot made the road trip. I hope we don't see Brodeur on the ice again for the Blues.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
This team is a much better team than we iced last year. I think we still need one more sniper and to shore up our defensive effort and we can go toe to toe with anyone in the west.

Gaborek has been huge for the kings...we need a similar move some time this season.

Petro and JBo must play better and more consistently.

Honestly, I think the effort to sign Tank long term will clear up a lot of these issues. The Blues will need to clear out some salaries and I have a feeling that those salaries will be from players who don't contribute quite as much as their big names would suggest.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Not to take anything away from the victory on Tuesday, but I wanted to see them win AT Staples. Turns out, they still can't. That's frustrating.

Right. This game cemented the idea of the Blues EVER winning a playoff game in LA. Will not happen. Ever.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I actually ain't even that upset. We have shown in the past 2 games we can hang with the kings and have found success against quick which is a big part of our playoff woes.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Marty was not good tonight. Blues got outplayed, but they could have had at least a point if Allen was in net, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Agreed with others on the positives taken away from this game. Jaskin was great.

Still would have been nice to beat them in their barn. We'll figure it out eventually.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
This is what happens when you put Brodeur in against the Kings on the road.

stlblues23*

I actually ain't even that upset. We have shown in the past 2 games we can hang with the kings and have found success against quick which is a big part of our playoff woes.

We proved we can hang but still not win at Staples Center. That's a big problem.

ZigZagBluesFan

Sep 30, 2010
I decided after last season that the next 82 games are completely irrelevant. I'll start feeling feelings in April.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad