GDT: Blues @ Kings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
You set up four plates, each one in the corners of the net.

You give an unlimited number of pucks to Paajarvi, then to Linstrom, then to Ott.

Who breaks 4 plates first? Who breaks 4 plates last?

Since they are all in the NHL I'm guessing there would be no statistical difference in who can break the plates the fastest because that isn't hard to do at all

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL
skill no way…work ethic yes

True but point made. I think I'd rather see Porter as a long term 3 line RW over Lindstrom really just cause he brings game. Lindstrom doesn't completely suck but don't see him long term he really only holds PP value right now.

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003
Since they are all in the NHL I'm guessing there would be no statistical difference in who can break the plates the fastest because that isn't hard to do at all

There would be no statistical difference between NHLers? So between Ott and Oshie, there'd be no statistical difference? Between Oshie and Ovechkin?

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL
No one gets to shoot at plates unless it's all-star game and we are talking far away from that.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
There would be no statistical difference between NHLers? So between Ott and Oshie, there'd be no statistical difference? Between Oshie and Ovechkin?

Look I kinda get what you're saying but the experiment you picked is not a great indicator of skill. And if Lindstrom is such a skill player and Ott/Lappy/Reaves are just grinders then how do you explain all 3 of those guys having more points than Lindstrom even though Lindstrom has been playing with the likes of Stastny, Steen, Oshie, Backes?

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I just don't see the point of a bridge deal then, really. I didn't agree with it for Schwartz and I don't think it's necessary for Tarasenko. You know those two are the future of the offense. Just lock them up. Of course Armstrong likes to be conservative though.

I have a feeling he may stray from his bridge deal if Tarasenko scores at a PPG pace though.
Why should that push Armstrong away from a bridge?

Assuming he finishes the season on his current pace, Tarasenko's camp is going to value any UFA year at a 50 goal/95 point player level. RFA years will be valued substantially less, because ultimately the arbitration process supports that and both sides know it. Unless Armstrong thinks Tarasenko might improve on those totals even more, a tantalizing thought that nevertheless seems improbable, Tarasenko's UFA year value doesn't really have anywhere to go but down.

With that in mind, a bridge gives Armstrong three benefits: 1) It give the Blues two years of a more manageable cap hit that allows them to move (or not move) other players based solely on desire and not financial need, 2) it gives Tarasenko's value a chance to come back to earth a bit, and 3) it delays the age at which Tarasenko hits UFA status.

I'm not sure what the upsides of a max contract is at this point, unless Tarasenko's willing to cut a deal on UFA year values in exchange for hitting UFA faster and the Blues prefer that route.

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL
For what we have now I like a rotation of Ott/Jaskin/Porter on 3rd RW if we don't make moves unless we want to give MPS a look

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Elliott can't get back soon enough.

This!! We ***** and complain about our guys not being able to score on Quick, and our guys come through big putting 8 by him in 6 periods. That should be enough for the win both nights. Tonight's loss, was all on below average goal tending, poor defensive play from our top pairing, taking too many stupid penalties & atrocious turnovers. If Elliot is in we win this game 4-2.

Last edited:

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003
Look I kinda get what you're saying but the experiment you picked is not a great indicator of skill. And if Lindstrom is such a skill player and Ott/Lappy/Reaves are just grinders then how do you explain all 3 of those guys having more points than Lindstrom even though Lindstrom has been playing with the likes of Stastny, Steen, Oshie, Backes?

Lapierre: 7 points in 32 games. 0.21 PPG
Lindstrom: 6 points in 25 games. 0.24 PPG
Ott: 6 points in 31 games. 0.19 PPG
Reaves: 5 points in 31 games. 0.16 PPG

It's a game of inches, and Lindstrom is the better point producer.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Somebody posted this in the Dwight King Scores from Center Ice thread.

The top and bottom says all you need to know

8bQvRss.jpg

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003
The real argument against me here tonight is that we didn't have a problem scoring, we had a problem defending.

4 goals against Quick isn't a bad night.

But I think forward line combinations are a very easy to see problem with the mindset of our coaching staff.

I'd blame our collapse tonight on the passivity of our defense, really. And I'm pretty sure that's instructional too.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Lapierre: 7 points in 32 games. 0.21 PPG
Lindstrom: 6 points in 25 games. 0.24 PPG
Ott: 6 points in 31 games. 0.19 PPG
Reaves: 5 points in 31 games. 0.16 PPG

It's a game of inches, and Lindstrom is the better point producer.
Lindstom scored against easy opponents.

I don't want to take away from him against NYI because he was awesome in that game...but it's just that, 1 game.

As to your other post, this game is on the defense. They were terrible especially our top pairing they were physically dominated and we're just making mistakes left and right.

Muller mentioned that Pietrangelo has to be in the shooting lane. We get that but he's in the goalies way...not the shooting lane. And idk what Bouwmeester was doing besides making a snow angel on the muzzin goal

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL

I don't want to take away from him against NYI because he was awesome in that game...but it's just that, 1 game.

It's solid that Lindstrom is a cheap fill in he's shown nothing else

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Where and what? So much brainhurt
edit can't see DK in that small picture

X-axis is Save %
Y-axis is 5 on 5 Save %
Size of bubble is normalized # of minutes played
Color is normalized by shots faced/game
Brodeur is down at the bottom, Brian Elliott is only behind Rask

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003

When you get into the advanced stats, Lindstrom has a higher Quality of Competition (+/-) number than Reaves, Lapierre and Porter, and is in the same ball park as Ott.

By the way, if anyone's wondering where Paajarvi fits in on those advances stats... he has the second highest Quality of Competition, while having the the 5th lowest Quality of Teammates.

So the Advanced Stats imply that Paajarvi's faced some of the best players against, while having some of the worst players on his line.

You know, if you like advanced stats.

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL
X-axis is Save %
Y-axis is 5 on 5 Save %
Size of bubble is normalized # of minutes played
Color is normalized by shots faced/game
Brodeur is down at the bottom, Brian Elliott is only behind Rask

I seen that obvious stuff but you posted it about Dwight King hehe

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003

As to your other post, this game is on the defense. They were terrible especially our top pairing they were physically dominated and we're just making mistakes left and right.

Muller mentioned that Pietrangelo has to be in the shooting lane. We get that but he's in the goalies way...not the shooting lane. And idk what Bouwmeester was doing besides making a snow angel on the muzzin goal

I was okay with Bouwmeester trying to block the shot. Pietrangelo is clearly in Brodeur's vision. Marty had no chance.

And a forward slid over too... Backes maybe? Which put three Blues players (from the shooter to the net: Bouwmeester, Forward, Pietrangelo) in a row there. Which meant that there was also a very inviting passing lane somewhere out there if the shooter had elected to pass instead. That forward sliding over might have also confused Pietrangelo on what exactly his assignment was. Thus leading to Pie's "deer int he headlights" right in front of Marty. But that's supposition.

That PK was a disaster.

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL
When you get into the advanced stats, Lindstrom has a higher Quality of Competition (+/-) number than Reaves, Lapierre and Porter, and is in the same ball park as Ott.

By the way, if anyone's wondering where Paajarvi fits in on those advances stats... he has the second highest Quality of Competition, while having the the 5th lowest Quality of Teammates.

So the Advanced Stats imply that Paajarvi's faced some of the best players against, while having some of the worst players on his line.

You know, if you like advanced stats.

I'm not a stats guy so much but are you sayin MPS deserves a three game look at least?

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003
I was okay with Bouwmeester trying to block the shot. Pietrangelo is clearly in Brodeur's vision. Marty had no chance.

And a forward slid over too... Backes maybe? Which put three Blues players (from the shooter to the net: Bouwmeester, Forward, Pietrangelo) in a row there. Which meant that there was also a very inviting passing lane somewhere out there if the shooter had elected to pass instead. That forward sliding over might have also confused Pietrangelo on what exactly his assignment was. Thus leading to Pie's "deer int he headlights" right in front of Marty. But that's supposition.

That PK was a disaster.

Yeah, it was Backes.

Backes sliding over there, to try and cover Bouwmeester's position, meant that Carter was open in the slot and Kopitar was open back door. Plus whoever at the point was obviously open. Plus I think Backes' move over confused Pietrangelo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad