Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Mikkola paired with Faulk, Krug with Bortuzzo
Interesting, hadn’t seen that. JR posted a line up without Faulk but he should be in and hadn’t seen one with the pairings with him included.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Interesting, hadn’t seen that. JR posted a line up without Faulk but he should be in and hadn’t seen one with the pairings with him included.

Via Blues Website

PROJECTED LINEUP
Forwards

Saad - O'Reilly - Leivo
Buchnevich - Barbashev - Tarasenko
Neighbours - Schenn - Kyrou
Walker - Acciari - Pitlick

Defense

Leddy - Parayko
Mikkola - Faulk
Krug - Bortuzzo

Goalie

Binnington

Reactions: stl76

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'd want Rosen playing, but if Mikkola can play genuinely good hockey next to Faulk, which pushes Krug to 3rd pair minutes, then that's ultimately better. Krug/Rosen would just be the opposite of the Mikkola/Bortozzo pairing, but in an equally bad way.

At this point, we need to try these combos out and see if they work, whether it's for this season or next. Let Krug get the sheltered minutes, and the top 4 operate like a normal top 4.

Reactions: BlueMed

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Via Blues Website

PROJECTED LINEUP
Forwards

Saad - O'Reilly - Leivo
Buchnevich - Barbashev - Tarasenko
Neighbours - Schenn - Kyrou
Walker - Acciari - Pitlick

Defense

Leddy - Parayko
Mikkola - Faulk
Krug - Bortuzzo

Goalie

Binnington
Looks like they updated the line up on the Blues app to remove Pitlick and have Rosen back in to go 7 D & 11 forwards…Berube reads GDTs: confirmed. :sarcasm:

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
I'd want Rosen playing, but if Mikkola can play genuinely good hockey next to Faulk, which pushes Krug to 3rd pair minutes, then that's ultimately better. Krug/Rosen would just be the opposite of the Mikkola/Bortozzo pairing, but in an equally bad way.

At this point, we need to try these combos out and see if they work, whether it's for this season or next. Let Krug get the sheltered minutes, and the top 4 operate like a normal top 4.

The main issue here is that Mikkola offers not except for reach. Rosen has better skating, puck transitioning, and offensive instincts. It makes little sense to sit Rosen in favor of Mikkola. I do agree with putting Krug on the bottom pairing though.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The main issue here is that Mikkola offers not except for reach. Rosen has better skating, puck transitioning, and offensive instincts. It makes little sense to sit Rosen in favor of Mikkola. I do agree with putting Krug on the bottom pairing though.
Mikkola has plenty of good defensive skills, just absolutely has to be with someone to move the puck. Being with Faulk is probably his only hope here at sticking in the top 4, and if it works, we have a semi decent internal solution to our defensive group. Rosen is a good 7th and offers us puck moving depth, but Mikkola at his best is a genuine top 4 defensive defenseman.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Robertson has 28 points during his 16 game point streak….I’d say stoping him his step 1.

And, unfortunately, Jamie Benn is playing well again.

Reactions: mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I guess Oettinger is reportedly not going to start for Dallas now.

tomin

AintNoSeats
Dec 18, 2014
Great shift leivo. and I love neighbors taking that shot.

Edit was spelling.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Got lucky the Stars missed a gaping net there

Edit: twice

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
looks like we wanna give up some goals early again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad