OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2024-2025

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Within about a 12 hour window I found out that our offer on our first home was accepted and that my wife was pregnant with our first kid. Who needs money anyway!
Sounds like an awesome day! Congrats! You can always make more money, these are the kinds of moments that define your life!

Reactions: The Note

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Within about a 12 hour window I found out that our offer on our first home was accepted and that my wife was pregnant with our first kid. Who needs money anyway!
Count your blessings and act like a squirrel with acorns. Stash those babies away in a safe spot. You will need them!

But most importantly, congratulations!

Reactions: The Note

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
First of all, congratulations!

Next of all, I don't know who your lender is or exactly how their lending teams work, but I strongly advise you work closely with your processor and jump through the hoops. The underwriter will never talk to you, but one of your first major hurdles is to reach Approved With Conditions (AWC). Then you just keep submitting conditions (paperwork - pay stubs, bank statements, divorce decree, bankruptcy paperwork etc etc). The processing phase will drive you crazy, but hang in there. They're going to ask for conditions that you will swear you've already submitted.

Getting the house inspected, titled and approved is another matter entirely.

Don't open any new accounts. No new cars or credit cards blah blah blah.

Best of luck.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
A good inspector is worth the cost IMO…one that gives a detailed report and be there when they do it and ask how long things will approximately last .
Our first home inspector was awesome. I just assumed they were all like that. They are NOT. My last home purchase, I stayed with the inspector the entire time and asked questions. I think he did a great job, but I also think he shared information with me that I wouldn't have gotten out of his report alone.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Our first home inspector was awesome. I just assumed they were all like that. They are NOT. My last home purchase, I stayed with the inspector the entire time and asked questions. I think he did a great job, but I also think he shared information with me that I wouldn't have gotten out of his report alone.
We totally lucked out. He told me when to expect to replace just about everything and what repairs we could do temporarily and which required more than just duck tape. Gave some ROM costs. Would absolutely recommend.

Also they will not put what I mentioned in the report as that’s not what’s required and I would assume they don’t want it in writing for liability purposes.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
A good inspector is worth the cost IMO…one that gives a detailed report and be there when they do it and ask how long things will approximately last .
We had our inspection and went with a group our realtor recommended. They did an awesome job and talked through everything then set an incredibly detailed report. Thankfully nothing major is going on with the house and we were able to knock some extra money off the price as a result.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
We had our inspection and went with a group our realtor recommended. They did an awesome job and talked through everything then set an incredibly detailed report. Thankfully nothing major is going on with the house and we were able to knock some extra money off the price as a result.
Just please remember, fellow Blues fan, don't move any money around. Status quo all the way. Once the deed is recorded with the county, escrow is closed and you receive your keys, go for it!!!

--

@bluesXwinXtheXcup this monsoon season has been light, so far. Just a couple light haboubs and not much rain. You're on the other side in Gilbert, but there's a big storm kinda parked over the Bradshaws right now. Seems like it is heading south slowly toward you.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I'd watch it.
I think 3 on 3 hockey could be a pretty fun sport. Seeing the best in the world do it in an Olympics format would be appealing.

I think you need to add a shot clock though. A sport where they can just exit the zone and reset could get tactical and boring. In the current OT format only, it’s noticeable and sometimes a problem. But if the whole game were 3 on 3, you need to structure it just a little bit differently.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
I think 3 on 3 hockey could be a pretty fun sport. Seeing the best in the world do it in an Olympics format would be appealing.

I think you need to add a shot clock though. A sport where they can just exit the zone and reset could get tactical and boring. In the current OT format only, it’s noticeable and sometimes a problem. But if the whole game were 3 on 3, you need to structure it just a little bit differently.
I disagree.

3 on 3 should never be an Olympic sport IMHO.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I disagree.

3 on 3 should never be an Olympic sport IMHO.
I said Olympics, but really I just mean as a tournament format. It is fine for the all star game. Imagine that, but a larger scale and with real intensity.

I’m not arguing that it should displace real hockey or even worrying about where it fits exactly. I just think that game is conducive to a sports festival format, and I’d watch.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
I said Olympics, but really I just mean as a tournament format. It is fine for the all star game. Imagine that, but a larger scale and with real intensity.

I’m not arguing that it should displace real hockey or even worrying about where it fits exactly. I just think that game is conducive to a sports festival format, and I’d watch.
they have basketball AND 3v3 basketball in the Olympics

it's a floor wax!
it's a dessert topping!

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Started watching 'Dark'.

Super cool. Has several key themes running through it like the concept of duality and that time is not as we perceive it. The past, present and future are all happening simultaneously. We perceive time as a linear past to present to future because our brains have been limited so much that our bandwidth, if you will, is not broad enough for us to perceive our life events as they happen; all at once.

There is also a priest that keeps popping up. Looking forward to seeing how they fit Catholicism into the picture. I have an idea in which direction they will go.

Also, not sure where they're going with the nuclear power plant thing, but I have an idea. wink

Reactions: shpongle falls

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad