Half-Assed GDT: Blues @ Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
This is the best I've seen from Brown in the NHL. He's figuring it out. I thought he was good enough to make the club to start the year over Clifford but looks like those 20 games down in the AHL are paying off and he's playing a much more complete game. Those are top 6 hands with vision.

Back at full strength I'd look for him to spell Bozak and get games over Neal and possibly even Kostin as well.
I missed today's game thinking it would start at 6:00 PM. Not happy bout them getting tied up with only a couple minutes left, and then losing in a shootout. But glad to hear that Brown (and Husso) played well.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I HATE ESPN+!!! :mad::mad::mad: I miss the game by a couple of hours, and can't watch it now (until it MIGHT be replayed on some other day- probably at some ungodly hour), and there is no future days schedule to peruse. I'll have to look at each day's replay schedule, each new day, to see if it there! It seems to me that when I missed a game by a few hours with NHL TV, that it stayed up for our potential viewing till midnight that same night. BAH! HUMBUG!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Wow that’s 1 point the Blues were lucky to get.. big difference between the two teams
The words and order you wrote them makes me think that if it weren't for Husso standing on his head, The Blues would have lost by 3 or 4 goals. I'm glad to know he is playing so well, but worried about our team defence. I really hope that Army can pull off a trade for a solid defensive LD before the deadline, so we can go a long distance in the playoffs. And I hope we won't have to give up Tarasenko to accomplish that.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
The words and order you wrote them makes me think that if it weren't for Husso standing on his head, The Blues would have lost by 3 or 4 goals. I'm glad to know he is playing so well, but worried about our team defence. I really hope that Army can pull off a trade for a solid defensive LD before the deadline, so we can go a long distance in the playoffs. And I hope we won't have to give up Tarasenko to accomplish that.

The game was so lopsided it’s not worth going over all the details.. The biggest takeaway was Husso earned the point and Brown outplayed Schenn again

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
The game was so lopsided it’s not worth going over all the details.. The biggest takeaway was Husso earned the point and Brown outplayed Schenn again
STL typically has issues with a team with speed and this was no different.

interesting statement about Schenn tho. he's said he's still not totally healthy, but our 'best' players have not been our best players/producers.
that has to change

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
found it in some old folder lol
rr10.gif

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
We really need Faulk and Perron back. Husso is giving us the opportunity to win. Tarasenko, Krug, and Schenn have been invisible. RoR is just now finding his feet again since Covid. Parayko has not lived up to his abilities. Scandella is absolutely dreadful, he's had like 5 muffin like passes in the last three games that did or almost ended up behind the goalie.

But. Some actual good points.
Kyrou and Thomas are taking the team over. And Buch is playing well right there with them. Perunovich is starting to become more dynamic as well. Mikkola is looking good. Brown is looking like his draft pedigree (we may have gotten a steal of a trade if he can stay healthy.) Barbie looks to have found the next level in his play, Saad is playing better than advertised.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
We really need Faulk and Perron back. Husso is giving us the opportunity to win. Tarasenko, Krug, and Schenn have been invisible. RoR is just now finding his feet again since Covid. Parayko has not lived up to his abilities. Scandella is absolutely dreadful, he's had like 5 muffin like passes in the last three games that did or almost ended up behind the goalie.

But. Some actual good points.
Kyrou and Thomas are taking the team over. And Buch is playing well right there with them. Perunovich is starting to become more dynamic as well. Mikkola is looking good. Brown is looking like his draft pedigree (we may have gotten a steal of a trade if he can stay healthy.) Barbie looks to have found the next level in his play, Saad is playing better than advertised.
agreed .. his shootout goal was a thing of beauty ... dont forget the junkman spent a chunk of time here on the first line , while brown is used mostly in a 4th line role in the hitch line blender ....
i have high hopes for him ... he will push somebody out if he keeps it up .. i know its a small sample size ... but

Last edited:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
That is why I am so vehement that Perunovich does not take his spot. Perunovich definitely has a spot, (in the top four already!) but he is not replacing Bortuzzo on the 3rd pairing RD.
And I don’t think he’s taking Mikkola’s either.

Scandella is quickly going to become the odd man out. When we are fully healthy, he deserves a healthy scratch. And he likely needs to be traded by next season.

Mikkola-Parayko
Krug-Faulk
Perunovich-Bortuzzo

is basically our best pairings when healthy.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
And I don’t think he’s taking Mikkola’s either.

Scandella is quickly going to become the odd man out. When we are fully healthy, he deserves a healthy scratch. And he likely needs to be traded by next season.

Mikkola-Parayko
Krug-Faulk
Perunovich-Bortuzzo

is basically our best pairings when healthy.
i like those

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
sunny was doing work on lw 1 ... i know him and barbie get down ..but * * * *

edit : watching it again :bb:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I like him a lot. His game ain’t pretty but he does his job well and brings an importance presence to the team in the locker room, on the PK and always willing to drop the gloves and stand up for teammates.
I honestly hope he is extended. Maybe a one or two-year contract. It is not like he will be blocking anyone. We have zero RD prospects who will be ready by next year. Probably the next two years, unless we trade for one.

Last edited:

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Despite the outcome, that was one of the most entertaining Blues games I've seen in awhile (and would have been epic if we had been able to pull off the W). That Florida team is something to watch. A few things I noticed:

Brown and Joshua looked excellent in the first period, but then kind of disappeared. I know their ice time was limited in the 2nd and 3rd, but both of those guys were putting it all on the line. Seeing Brown trying to block shots and playing so tenaciously was great to see...he's playing like a guy who doesn't wanna go back down to the minors. Ditto for Joshua. He's been an offensive black hole most of the time, but his play to make Brown's goal possible was great.

Husso is legit. He just seem so calm and balanced back there. Great to see.

What else to say about Bortuzzo's shift? I had to watch it a couple of times through just to fully appreciate it. And the reaction from his teammates once he returned to the bench says it all. They know Bortz puts it all on the line every game.

This was probably ROR's best game of the season (offensively at least). He singlehandedly made Walman's goal possible by stealing the puck and dishing it to Jake. And while his FO loss directly led to the GTG (can't win em all), he bore down won about 5 in a row from that point helping to get the Blues to OT. I also thought Kyrou looked a lot stronger without the puck than he usually does and made a lot of good plays on the forecheck and in the D zone. And him going after Gudas takes a lot of balls!

Finally, while I don't wanna focus on the negatives it seems that Tarasenko is in the Berube doghouse. Only 14 mins of ice time and no opportunity in the SO. Chief didn't really wanna discuss it much in the presser, but he is clearly not thrilled by Vladi's play lately. I'm wondering if it's time to revisit the trade request, because Vladi hasn't provided much since his hot start. As I mentioned in the other thread, I'm not happy to trade Tarasenko but it might be smart to do it sooner rather than later while his value is still high.

Last edited:

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
Despite the outcome, that was one of the most entertaining Blues games I've seen in awhile (and would have been epic if we had been able to pull off the W). That Florida team is something to watch. A few things I noticed:

Brown and Joshua looked excellent in the first period, but then kind of disappeared. I know their ice time was limited in the 2nd and 3rd, but both of those guys were putting it all on the line. Seeing Brown trying to block shots and playing so tenaciously was great to see...he's playing like a guy who doesn't wanna go back down to the minors. Ditto for Joshua. He's been an offensive black hole most of the time, but his play to make Brown's goal possible was great.

Husso is legit. He just seem so calm and balanced back there. Great to see.

What else to say about Bortuzzo's shift? I had to watch it a couple of times through just to fully appreciate it. And the reaction from his teammates once he returned to the bench says it all. They know Bortz puts it all on the line every game.

This was probably ROR's best game of the season (offensively at least). He singlehandedly made Walman's goal possible by stealing the puck and dishing it to Jake. And while his FO loss directly led to the GTG (can't win em all), he bore down won about 5 in a row from that point helping to get the Blues to OT. I also thought Kyrou looked a lot stronger without the puck than he usually does and made a lot of good plays on the forecheck and in the D zone. And him going after Gudas takes a lot of balls!

Finally, while I don't wanna focus on the negatives it seems that Tarasenko is in the Berube doghouse. Only 14 mins of ice time and no opportunity in the SO. Chief didn't really wanna discuss it much in the presser, but he is clearly not thrilled by Vladi's play lately. I'm wondering if it's time to revisit the trade request, because Vladi hasn't provided much since his hot start. As I mentioned in the other thread, I'm not happy to trade Tarasenko but it might be smart to do it sooner rather than later while his value is still high.

i noticed this as well ... he and gudas had a couple run in's and i felt like gudas got away with a few but kyrou didnt shy away ....

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
i noticed this as well ... he and gudas had a couple run in's and i felt like gudas got away with a few but kyrou didnt shy away ....

Kyrou got away with the cross check in the corner that drew the retaliation penalty from Gudas a few seconds later. Then for the rest of the game you know Gudas was looking to get him back even more. Kyrou poked the bear and lived to tell the tale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad