Half-Assed GDT: Blues @ Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EL Bandito

Mar 29, 2006
Edwardsville, IL
This is the best I've seen from Brown in the NHL. He's figuring it out. I thought he was good enough to make the club to start the year over Clifford but looks like those 20 games down in the AHL are paying off and he's playing a much more complete game. Those are top 6 hands with vision.

Back at full strength I'd look for him to spell Bozak and get games over Neal and possibly even Kostin as well.

Nederlander

Apr 19, 2017
Colorado
This is the best I've seen from Brown in the NHL. He's figuring it out. I thought he was good enough to make the club to start the year over Clifford but looks like those 20 games down in the AHL are paying off and he's playing a much more complete game. Those are top 6 hands with vision.

Back at full strength I'd look for him to spell Bozak and get games over Neal and possibly even Kostin as well.

He needs to keep playing until he gives Berube a reason not to.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
No, it's just stupid. He had a good chance to pick up the stick at one point and decided to keep crawling around instead.

Broken stick and you're an absolute clown. Go post at the asylum.

Are you 12 years old?

Husso does suck in the SO, he always has. I don't care what happens win or lose when it comes to the SO because the SO is not real hockey.

I'm sure it was a typo but what do you mean spell Bozak?

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Broken stick and you're an absolute clown. Go post at the asylum.

Husso does suck in the SO, he always has. I don't care what happens win or lose when it comes to the SO because the SO is not real hockey.

I'm sure it was a typo but what do you mean spell Bozak?
I believe he means him and Bozak share a spot/take turns..etc..

Reactions: EL Bandito

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
When players start coming back Walman needs to go down before Brown. And if Brown keeps playing well, I'd even say Kostin should go down before Brown.

EL Bandito

Mar 29, 2006
Edwardsville, IL
When players start coming back Walman needs to go down before Brown. And if Brown keeps playing well, I'd even say Kostin should go down before Brown.
No, I'd say both Brown and Kostin have outplayed Neal at the very least and while Bozak is a valuable piece for them, he's starting to show his age.

If Brown keeps making the smart play with the puck and Klim keeps making questionable plays then I could see Logan staying the lineup over him as well. But no to sending Kostin down, imo.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
No, I'd say both Brown and Kostin have outplayed Neal at the very least and while Bozak is a valuable piece for them, he's starting to show his age.

If Brown keeps making the smart play with the puck and Klim keeps making questionable plays then I could see Logan staying the lineup over him as well. But no to sending Kostin down, imo.
Only brought up Kostin because he doesn't have to go through waivers.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Can't believe you are praising Bort for that. He was awful crawling around. Lucky they didn't score.

No, it's just stupid. He had a good chance to pick up the stick at one point and decided to keep crawling around instead.
Imagine posting things this dumb on a public forum without a hint of sarcasm :laugh:

Unreal shift by Bortuzzo...incredible stuff. Reaching out bare palm multiple times to try to block a shot, freaking warrior.

Brown will never be an overly physical guy, but I have never understood the reports of him being allergic to contact. Overly exaggerated groupthink that took on a life of it's own.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Imagine posting things this dumb on a public forum without a hint of sarcasm :laugh:

Unreal shift by Bortuzzo...incredible stuff. Reaching out bare palm multiple times to try to block a shot, freaking warrior.

Brown will never be an overly physical guy, but I have never understood the reports of him being allergic to contact. Overly exaggerated groupthink that took on a life of it's own.
and doubling down on it lol

and I would agree with you on Brown. to be fair tho, on the Sens board it was said he had his bell rung pretty good early on for him, and seems it made him tentative
if so, he seems be over it now. like you, I doubt he'll ever become a PF or whatnot, but his skill is as advertised, and his skating is better than advertised
if I had to guess, he has a better chance of being a player vs a bust

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Good to get a point. As long as we make it in as an 8th seed (or the equivalent under this new format), that's all that matters. :yo:

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

Brown has been great last 2 games, but key is whether he can sustain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad