Half-Assed GDT: Blues @ Ducks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
lol no call there

well the ducks can thank their goaltender and the zebras for the 2 points tonight

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Let's please not use those 2 and 3rd lines again. At times, they looked good together, but they didn't have sustained chemistry throughout the game.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
The Blues have been tired all 3rd Period. They've been playing their top 4 defencemen too much. Krug being out has really hurt. They've been hemmed in their own zone too much, and also have lost the puck too much in The Neutral Zone. Krug would have helped move the puck out and up ice.
Why did I use "are" jesus... But I agree. Covid protocol has hit this team hard and there's not much we can do besides wait the 10 days. I think they probably started grabbing the sticks too hard once the Ducks scored that second goal because it felt like the Blues had more of the prime opportunities.

Fitrix

Mar 25, 2019
Lol at the refs handing out misconducts. 91 gets one the other night on the non-boarding called on 89. Perron here. Matt Tkachuk got called from the bench the other night. Good grief these refs are allowed to run free. Really wish we had the NBA set up where the refs have to account for the calls they make.

That said, lots of gliding by the Blues in the 3rd down by 1. Until it was 3-1, not a lot of heart it didn’t feel like. Oh, and Gibson was John Gibson tonight.

Reactions: TheDizee

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Let's please not use those 2 and 3rd lines again. At times, they looked good together, but they didn't have sustained chemistry throughout the game.
Except both lines were good against the Sharks. Maybe let’s not make decisions based on one game. If anything, the 4th line is the one that provided nothing.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Not a good game for The Blues. But it fell apart quickly in The 3rd, after they tired and wilted under The Ducks' pressure. I see that they really miss Krug's puckhandling - moving the puck out of danger in The D-Zone, moving the puck up ice, through The Neutral Zone, making outlet passes, shooting from the point, and sweeping the puck away from our net area. He's more valuable than I had thought. I took his confident puck control for granted, and most of his other strengths, and focused mainly on his defensive weaknesses. You find out what a quality player gives to your team best, when he is not playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad