GDT: Blues @ Avalanche|Round 1, Game 2| Blues down 1-0|

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
cut.jpg

Game 2 at Ball Arena in Denver, CO
9:30 p.m. CT; CNBC, BSMW
Avs lead series 1-0

:blues

*I will update with any lineup changes when available*

Schwartz - O'Reilly - Schenn
Barbashev - Bozak - Tarasenko
Hoffman - Thomas - Kyrou
Clifford - Sanford - Blais

Krug - Faulk
Scandella - Parayko
Mikkola - Bortuzzo

Binnington

VS.

:avs

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Burakovsky-Kadri-Donskoi
Saad-Jost-Nichushkin
Newhook-Bellemare-Compher

Toews-Makar
Graves-Girard
Nemeth-Timmins

Grubauer

Game 1 recap:
4ac753f6f65c70ebbaa6cca60c8a869b3fe033e8.gifv

Not a must win, but a game they really need. Let's try this again:
giphy.gif

Last edited:

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
We go down 0-2 after tonight if nothing changes from game #1.

Need a bunch of guys to step it up. Binny can't take 50 shots again.

Prime opportunities can't be missed again.

Guys need to stay out of the penalty box; yet, they need to play more physical in order to nullify the Avs speed and skill.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Interested to see if there’s any lineup changes.

I’d like for Dunn and Kostin to replace Mikkola and Clifford. We could use the skill upgrade. Clifford isn’t going to provide anything in this series.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I feel like they CAN win today...I feel better about their chances today than I did before Game 1. :dunno:

Zezel’s Pretzels

May 25, 2019
I do know one thing for sure - this East Coast working man hates this 10:30 start time. I made it through Monday night but paid for it yesterday. This is going to be tough.

Reactions: Ridge1982

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I'll hope for the best, but again choose sleep over watching this live. If Perron is again out, I'm not sure they won't get swept and badly outscored in the process. May be a good night to bet on the Avs winning by 3 or 4.

I think the amateur and expansion drafts will be much more compelling than their play in the rest of this season/series.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Mikkola needs to be out of the lineup, he can't make any plays under the Avs quick forecheck.

I would split ROR from Schwartz and Schenn to spread out the offense (although not like Schwartz and Schenn have been offensive dynamos this year).

Hoffman-ROR-Kyrou
Schwartz-Schenn-Bozak
Blais-Thomas-Tarasenko
Clifford-Barbashev-Sanford

Let's hope Binnington has another rock solid game.

Stop running around looking for big hits.

Try to keep Avs under 50 shots, that would be nice.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Mikkola needs to be out of the lineup, he can't make any plays under the Avs quick forecheck.

I would split ROR from Schwartz and Schenn to spread out the offense (although not like Schwartz and Schenn have been offensive dynamos this year).

Hoffman-ROR-Kyrou
Schwartz-Schenn-Bozak
Blais-Thomas-Tarasenko
Clifford-Barbashev-Sanford

Let's hope Binnington has another rock solid game.

Stop running around looking for big hits.

Try to keep Avs under 50 shots, that would be nice.

The 17-90-10 line does not work

BluesFan98

May 17, 2019
I would roll:

Barbashev-ROR-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-bozak
Hoffman-Thomas-kyrou
Macmac-Sanford-blais

Hopefully barby and o’rielly’s workrates can get vladdy going even if he’s not contributing offensively. The sasky line has always worked well together and the kids have been dangerous with Hoffman. We need macmac’s speed and energy in the lineup over Clifford.

Reactions: shpongle falls

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Not for nothing, but Clifford was the only player to post a single positive possession metric for the Blues in game 1. He was top 5 in basically every possession/expected metric and did so while starting almost all his shift outside the offensive zone. I don't recall any glaring mistakes that he made and I do recall a couple nice plays to get the puck out of our zone when we were hemmed in.

He's not going to provide any offense, but he did as good of a job disrupting the Avs possession game as anyone on the team in game 1. I won't lose any sleep if he is replaced, but the 4th line was the least of our problems Monday.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
These start times are brutal, but in light of our game 1 performance, it might not be a bad thing if I don't get to watch the games.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019

In light of this, Berube and players are not allowed to speak to the media until after the game tonight, which is very odd. There are a couple hypothetical (possible) outcomes.

1. There are league-wide discrepancies regarding how they are handling positive test results and one or two teams may have allowed players to play without negative confirmatory tests.
2. The Blues have more positive test results and even more players can't play.

This sounds like a big deal

Tvillewr419

May 17, 2019
The discrepancies mention is what stands out to me, sounds like we are doing independent testing that isn’t in line with NHLs testing… either way it’s not good most likely

Reactions: Brian39

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I think the discrepancies are false positives and Walman and Perron dont have it. If this damn vaccine works so damn well then why are world class athletes still getting this NOT so deadly virus.

1) You contradict yourself. Your first sentence indicates they are false positives. You next sentence indicates the vaccine failed, which would mean they are not false positives. Which is it?. Either the vaccine failed, or they are false positives. I mean, you'd still be wrong if you chose to just bitch about the vaccine, as 9 players didn't get vaccinated so it didn't necessarily fail (also no vaccine claims to be 100% effective). At least, you'd only be wrong once.

2) People have died from it, hence it is deadly. Even the Flu is deadly. Even if its only a 1% fatality rate, why take chances? Playing Russian Roulette with a gun that has 1 bullet in 100 chambers is not as deadly as playing with a 6-shooter. I'm still not jumping at the chance to try. Pushing the ridiculous narrative that its no big deal just encourages more risky behavior for absolutely no gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad