GDT: Blues @ Avalanche|Round 1, Game 2| Blues down 1-0|

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
If they are positive too, then we have every right to be upset that this series isn't getting pushed back.

Schwartz/Scandella added to that list too. If they all tested “positive”, tonight’s game needs to be postponed until we figure out what the hell is actually going on. That would be SEVEN players on the covid list and we get no help like everyone else did.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
I’m mixed. If these are positives and not false, and the players who have it chose not to get the vaccine, I honestly don’t think the games should be delayed. If it was Colorado going through these issues we would be arguing the games shouldn’t be postponed for players who made the choice not to vaccinate.

That will probably not be a popular opinion here though. My suggestion would be delay the game a day for retests. If still positive, there out, and we play.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I’m mixed. If these are positives and not false, and the players who have it chose not to get the vaccine, I honestly don’t think the games should be delayed. If it was Colorado going through these issues we would be arguing the games shouldn’t be postponed for players who made the choice not to vaccinate.

That will probably not be a popular opinion here though. My suggestion would be delay the game a day for retests. If still positive, there out, and we play.

Who gives a shit if they don't have the vaccine or not.

Reactions: Punished ROR

Tvillewr419

May 17, 2019
But is there really a reason not to postpone it when you still have the north finishing their regular season.

it’s hard to feel sorry for the ones that didn’t vaccinate when given the opportunity to but also walman started this and apparently had the vaccine so who knows at this point. But yea, we had our scheduled altered twice for the Avs two breaks, seems pretty stupid if we aren’t given the same courtesy

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Interested to see if there’s any lineup changes.

I’d like for Dunn and Kostin to replace Mikkola and Clifford. We could use the skill upgrade. Clifford isn’t going to provide anything in this series.

I would almost guarantee at this point there will be lineup changes.

Reactions: Tvillewr419

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
In light of this, Berube and players are not allowed to speak to the media until after the game tonight, which is very odd. There are a couple hypothetical (possible) outcomes.

1. There are league-wide discrepancies regarding how they are handling positive test results and one or two teams may have allowed players to play without negative confirmatory tests.
2. The Blues have more positive test results and even more players can't play.

This sounds like a big deal
Here is Army's statement: We have discovered discrepancies in Covid test results relating to multiple players. We have been in touch with and are working with the League to address these discrepancies with additional testing and expect to have further information later this afternoon.

The League will provide a further update when we have more information. Head Coach Craig Berube and our players will not be available to the media until after tonight's game.

It sounds like we probably sent samples to a different lab and got back negative results. This is going to be really interesting. Given the silence, I would wager we are arguing to the league that guys who the league believes should be in protocol should be able to play right now. I think there is a decent chance that this game gets postponed. I can't imagine that the league is eager to allow non-NHL approved lab results to override the lab they have been using. With that said, the integrity of the playoffs gets called into question if the league forces several players to sit based on what turns out to be false positives (that a team has some proof of).

This is fascinating.

SwivelSchwartz

May 14, 2019
But is there really a reason not to postpone it when you still have the north finishing their regular season.

it’s hard to feel sorry for the ones that didn’t vaccinate when given the opportunity to but also walman started this and apparently had the vaccine so who knows at this point. But yea, we had our scheduled altered twice for the Avs two breaks, seems pretty stupid if we aren’t given the same courtesy
The Olympics. The league will want to get these games done asap

expect the worst and hope for the best

Reactions: MissouriMook

SanFranBluesFan

Apr 16, 2017

The non approved vaccine? We are still in Phase 3, shit is still only under emergency use and has not yet been received FDA approval. Think about that before opining about how people should be required to take it

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
This situation sounds like a mess. Unfortunately my gut feeling is that we are going to get screwed one way or another.

If there’s several positive tests then the game needs to be postponed. If MacKinnon got it, the series would have already been delayed.

Mar 6, 2012
one thing we can be sure of, whatever is the most frustrating, painful, crappy outcome... that will be what comes to pass.

What a stupid terrible crappy ending to a stupid crappy terrible season...

Zezel’s Pretzels

May 25, 2019
The Olympics. The league will want to get these games done asap

expect the worst and hope for the best
I think their point is that the North hasn’t started 1st round games yet; why not slide game 2 and make Friday game 2 for our series, especially if there could be testing inconsistencies? Not impacting the end of the season in any way.

Reactions: mike1320

Zachary Hines

May 16, 2021
Its odd that i havent seen a official line up on the team page like they do before every game. Even if it is subject to change like a game time decision. Am i missing something here?

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Its odd that i havent seen a official line up on the team page like they do before every game. Even if it is subject to change like a game time decision. Am i missing something here?
I have zero doubt that we are currently negotiating/talking/arguing with the league about who on our team needs to be in COVID protocol. And I'm guessing a secondary argument is about whether the game tonight should be postponed if the NHL wins the argument about COVID protocol.

mike1320

The non approved vaccine? We are still in Phase 3, shit is still only under emergency use and has not yet been received FDA approval. Think about that before opining about how people should be required to take it
tenor.gif

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
They probably don't even know who to put in a subject to change lineup right now.

Edit: Not sure how accurate but for what it's worth

Last edited:

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Here is Army's statement: We have discovered discrepancies in Covid test results relating to multiple players. We have been in touch with and are working with the League to address these discrepancies with additional testing and expect to have further information later this afternoon.

The League will provide a further update when we have more information. Head Coach Craig Berube and our players will not be available to the media until after tonight's game.

It sounds like we probably sent samples to a different lab and got back negative results. This is going to be really interesting. Given the silence, I would wager we are arguing to the league that guys who the league believes should be in protocol should be able to play right now. I think there is a decent chance that this game gets postponed. I can't imagine that the league is eager to allow non-NHL approved lab results to override the lab they have been using. With that said, the integrity of the playoffs gets called into question if the league forces several players to sit based on what turns out to be false positives (that a team has some proof of).

This is fascinating.

Do we know what lab(s) the NHL has been using this season?

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Interested to see if there’s any lineup changes.

I’d like for Dunn and Kostin to replace Mikkola and Clifford. We could use the skill upgrade. Clifford isn’t going to provide anything in this series.

Not that I'd be opposed to getting Kostin in there against Colorado(I think he could reek some havoc on their D men); but has it even been confirmed if he is eligible to play any PO games?
I've yet to see that question really answered.

SwivelSchwartz

May 14, 2019
Not that I'd be opposed to getting Kostin in there against Colorado(I think he could reek some havoc on their D men); but has it even been confirmed if he is eligible to play any PO games?
I've yet to see that question really answered.
Why wouldn’t he be?

Reactions: mk80

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Is there alcohol in your gut atm that could be responsible for said optimism?

Must be in a lot of guts because many people have believed it to be true during the season. I’ve been laughed at for saying that 91 is cooked, so…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad